St Nicks Native 5 4V Lightweight

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AmpliFyre

St Nicks Native 5 4V Lightweight

Post by AmpliFyre »

Dazen

Re: St Nicks Native 5 4V Lightweight

Post by Dazen »

So why was one on ACK before the reveal?
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Dazen wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:11 am
I was wondering the same...

Anyhow, I'm glad to see St.Nicks continuing this awesome series. The native lw is not for me, but it looks great. I'm psyched for the many of you that love this model and will now get to experience the awesomeness that is spyderco's 4v!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Dazen wrote:
Pretty obvious there was a snake in the system...just leave it at that and continue on.

Another great offering by St Nicks for people into this model!! Can't beat 4V for this price!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

People will be stealing twenties out of their Grandma's purse for one of these. :eek: With only 600 available, I'm not even going to try to get one unless they don't sell out.

Maybe the one on ACK belonged to a Collector's Club member? I thought the all variants members got one before it was shipped to retail. I could be wrong.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
PStone

Post by PStone »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:19 am
Dazen wrote:
Pretty obvious there was a snake in the system...just leave it at that and continue on.

Another great offering by St Nicks for people into this model!! Can't beat 4V for this price!
Agreed! Might be the best deal of the summer!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:34 am
People will be stealing twenties out of their Grandma's purse for one of these. :eek: With only 600 available, I'm not even going to try to get one unless they don't sell out.

Maybe the one on ACK belonged to a Collector's Club member? I thought the all variants members got one before it was shipped to retail. I could be wrong.
The knives they had at ACK didn’t have collectors club numbers, which was the odd part.

None the less, I’m not sure if I’ll try for one of these or not. Would be a good candidate for a blade swap. DLC 4V in Fluted CF would be sweet!!
-Nick :bug-red
JMM

Post by JMM »

JRinFL wrote:

Hey, I didn't see any mention of it on their website, where did you see the "only 600 available"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:37 am
None the less, I’m not sure if I’ll try for one of these or not. Would be a good candidate for a blade swap. DLC 4V in Fluted CF would be sweet!!
OOoooOOOOOO...that would be a killer combo right there!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
PStone

Post by PStone »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:37 am
JRinFL wrote:

The knives they had at ACK didn’t have collectors club numbers, which was the odd part.

Gotta find yourself a dlc backspacer too! The g10 version will have one like bhq’s m4 did. If you can wait that is.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:19 am
Dazen wrote:

FYI, they were posted on ACK before the guys at St. Nicks had even seen photos of them, let alone had any in hand. :eek: Best to leave it alone since the threads were removed. Just wanted to vouch for the team at St. Nicks. They are my favorite Spyderco dealer by far and these 4V exclusives are my favorite exclusives. I just hope they listen to suggestions about doing a bunch of Seki 4V models! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

JMM wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:38 am
JRinFL wrote:

Hey, I didn't see any mention of it on their website, where did you see the "only 600 available"
It is only posted on their main page, for some odd reason.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JMM wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:38 am
JRinFL wrote:

From their FB post...

"St. Nick’s Knives is excited to announce our 7th Spyderco Exclusive - the Native 5 LW! Per usual, this exclusive will have a red handle, black hardware, and a DLC CPM-4V blade. Available Friday, July 31st at Noon central time. Approximately 600 will be available with a limit of one per customer. $125 with free US shipping. Thank you for everyone’s continued support and we can’t wait to bring another amazing offering to the community!"
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SubMicron

Post by SubMicron »

4V!!
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Im interested in it.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Wow for $125 this is gonna fly. I'll try for one, most definitely. Also glad to see the one-per restriction from St Nick's.
~andrew
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I missed the shaman.

I am more interested in more variations of the native chief.

Im interested on this one though because its the lightweight version. I might have to try for one.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
gbcaffee

Post by gbcaffee »

I also saw on their instagram comments when someone said "I need a para 3 lw in the same color" their response was "soon". That has me super excited!
anycal

Post by anycal »

Well, since we already saw the G10 version of this knife, I will wait and try for that one.
Peter
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

anycal wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:52 pm
Well, since we already saw the G10 version of this knife, I will wait and try for that one.
Same!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.