How to turn a Delica into a $350+ knife.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cycleguy

Re: How to turn a Delica into a $350+ knife.

Post by cycleguy »

fixall wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:40 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:22 pm
New to Wharncliffe - been playing with a green salt 2 that is becoming my edc favorite. I'll be into multiples of the K390 when it becomes available. FRN works for me but it is fun to see how insane people can get...

CG
You have good taste. :D

The standard FRN/HAP40 has been my all-time favorite work knife since it was released. It's the only knife I have a duplicate of in case I lose one, lol. I think I'm going to be facing a tough decision when those K390 wharnys are released!
I just keep trying things and keep learning...

Traveling this road, it's mediocre & disappointing experiences along the way, and sometimes a flat-out failure - but I'll eventually find what works well for me. I always enjoy that AHA! moment.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
fixall

Post by fixall »

Damasteel blade is finished! :D

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Sweeeet.
JMM

Post by JMM »

fixall wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:29 pm
[]
[]
[]
[]

Wait, what did I miss, where'd the D4 DamaWharnie blade come from and does a SE version exist? Who's exclusive is this and how do I get one?!?!?

:D
fixall

Post by fixall »

JMM wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:18 pm
fixall wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:29 pm
[]
[]
[]
[]

Wait, what did I miss, where'd the D4 DamaWharnie blade come from and does a SE version exist? Who's exclusive is this and how do I get one?!?!?

:D
I had it custom made.

The blade was done by Dylan of Schenk Knives. Awesome guy to work with. He's currently working on a DamaCore McBee and a MagnaCut 945 Osborne for me too. :)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wow, that came out fantastic!! Congrats!

The McBee sounds like it's going to be incredible too. Can't wait to see that when its done! :cool:
-Nick :bug-red
fixall

Post by fixall »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:53 pm

The McBee sounds like it's going to be incredible too. Can't wait to see that when its done! :cool:
I'm pretty excited to see how the McBee is going to turn out too! It's for my wife, so she's picked out all the colors and whatnot. It's going to be pretty out there, lol. Purple hardware and standoffs, an aqua/teal custom clip from Jonathan Mcnees, a Hugin DamaCore blade and "Easter Bunny Flomascus" anodized scales from Steve at BladesWeLove. :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQKkas0hADF ... _copy_link
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

fixall wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:20 pm
Mushroom wrote:

I'm pretty excited to see how the McBee is going to turn out too! It's for my wife, so she's picked out all the colors and whatnot. It's going to be pretty out there, lol. Purple hardware and standoffs, an aqua/teal custom clip from Jonathan Mcnees, a Hugin DamaCore blade and "Easter Bunny Flomascus" anodized scales from Steve at BladesWeLove. :D

So those scales were for you! She's getting a really cool knife, thats for sure! ;) Saw them on instagram and I loved them when I first saw them. I think I'm going to contact Steve at BladesWeLove to do something similar to one of my McBees and a Spydiechef.
-Nick :bug-red
fixall

Post by fixall »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:38 pm
fixall wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:20 pm
Mushroom wrote:

So those scales were for you! She's getting a really cool knife, thats for sure! ;) Saw them on instagram and I loved them when I first saw them. I think I'm going to contact Steve at BladesWeLove to do something similar to one of my McBees and a Spydiechef.
Guilty. :D

She's been getting more and more into knives, but this is the first time I've seen her be really excited for a knife. It's pretty rad. :)

You should! He does fantastic work and he's really great to work with. I must have gone through him ten times or so by now for scales and various hardware.

Here's the SpydieChef he did for me recently. Scales, screws and standoffs all anodized by him. :)