C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

Re: C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Post by Buddafucco »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:37 pm
Yes i would like 2each of both PE & SE preferably in G10 & maybe S30V or better steel. I missed out on this knife & wish Spyderco would bring it back too!

How about Cruwear? ;)
Starting around page 63 in this thread are the pics of the new Ayoob that Eric showed off at Shot Show... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87077&start=1240#p1593006
•• Beau
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Oh my God! **** yeah is this for real?! Will there be SE too? When can we buy? I hope they make enough of them ! Theyre gonna sell like crazy!
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

LOL! Yes, yes and yes! Enjoy!

Be ready and buy instantly.
So it goes.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:15 pm
Oh my God! **** yeah is this for real?! Will there be SE too? When can we buy? I hope they make enough of them ! Theyre gonna sell like crazy!

Yes for real.
Sal has said he has approved a SpyderEdge version.
No ETA's.
JD will tell you that they didn't make enough! :beaming-face
The Cruwear Plain Edge version, that we know of, is going to be a Sprint so they will probably sell like crazy!
•• Beau
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

DOH! I know my luck JD is absolutly correct ! I hate sprint runs they need to make at least a million of these & theyd prolly still sell out before my internet could get thru lol
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:34 pm
I'm really hoping they made the change to screw construction for this steel.
I hope im lucky enough to get 1 regardless, but yeah why pinned? :( i hope they switch to screws also!
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:16 pm
Evil D wrote:
I hope im lucky enough to get 1 regardless, but yeah why pinned? :( i hope they switch to screws also!
It presents better on certain social media sites when its Pinned…
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:16 pm
Evil D wrote:
Hey I'm shaking my head on this news too... But I'm not going to judge the situation until I know more. I'm just extremely thankful that a Sprint Run of this great Golden Era C-60 Ayoob model got a second Sprint Run.

Having a plain edged unit with Cruwear blade steel is pretty special IMO. So let's don't jump to conclusions. We have no idea what happens behind the scenes on a project like this one.
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Yeah dont get me wrong ill be happier than a pig in poop if i actually get 1 ! Poopie! 😂
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JAS777 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:58 pm
Yeah dont get me wrong ill be happier than a pig in poop if i actually get 1 ! Poopie! 😂
Just check this thread everyday and keep in touch with your favorite dealer and I'm pretty sure every person who seriously wants a C-60 Ayoob Sprint Run will be able to get one ( or 2). Just keep your cash handy and be ready to pull the trigger when the opportunity presents itself.

My ultimate hope is that this Sprint Run goes over so well that they decide to put the newer/better C-60 Sprint Run back into the main line up for a year or so. There are so many newer people here on the Forum who have never gotten the opportunity to get a C-60 model that I'm absolutely certain this C-60 Sprint Run would be a great seller in the main line up>> I'm completely certain of that too.

This is truly going to be one of the most interesting Sprint Runs we've ever witnessed.
Michal O

Post by Michal O »

Can someone compare C60 with Sliverax? Or with Cold Steel Talwar 4"? :D
Current collection: Lil Temperance G10, Shaman, Lil Native, Massad Ayoob cruwear, Smock, Street Beat, Street Bowie, Para 3, PM2 purple G10 cruwear, Canis, Rhino, Endura 4 K390, Watu, Kapara, Amalgam, Sliverax, Police 4 se K390, Police 4 pe K390, Khukuri, Barong, Ulize.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Michal O wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:58 am
Hey bud sorry, I forgot all about this request. :woozy

Here they are lined up showing edge length comparison

Tried to show the difference in blade angle here

This shot is lined up with the line, the perspective makes them look uneven.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:11 pm
Michal O wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:58 am
Hey bud sorry, I forgot all about this request. :woozy

Here they are lined up showing edge length comparison
Well I can now vividly see why you would want that Silverax model in full SE. After looking at this comparison along side a full SE version of the C-60 I can see why that Silverax model would be an excellent model to have with TEETH.

It also shows how awesome and impressive the C-60 Ayoob model is in full SE along side one of the newer, well respected Spyderco models.

This thread just continues to get more interesting. It's also amazing how the C-60 stacks up against many of these newer models.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The silence on this thread is really bugging me at this time. It's been at least 6 days since anyone spoke. I've been carrying and using my 2011 Sprint Run of the C-60 for the past two days now. And all I can say is when I get my two copies of the C-60 Sprint run I'll be using both the PE and SE a lot. It is a terrific "user".

The plain edged model with a Cruwear blade is really growing on me. That was an excellent choice for this particular design IMO. I really don't care too much which steel they use on the serrated version. Yes VG-10 will be fine if they elect to use it on the serrated model.

Since Eric Glesser gave us that one update from the SHOT Show there hasn't been much communication of late. I don't recall wanting a new model as bad as I presently want this one.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i can't imagine there's too much more to say that hasn't been said in 74 pages. we're all just waiting. too many questions and no real answers... all the guessing and postulating on this thread have so muddied the waters that i've lost track of what we're actually expecting. i tried asking once for clarification, but it was ignored. we know there's a pe cruwear in existence, but are we actually expecting anything else? was that a sprint or an exclusive? is there another sprint or exclusive in the works? will there be a se version? do we know what steel? plus many many many many more questions. the discussion isn't going anywhere because we've been given so little real information.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Matus

Post by Matus »

There is no need to say much more. But giving us some sort of a time horizon would be greatly appreciated.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:22 pm
i can't imagine there's too much more to say that hasn't been said in 74 pages. we're all just waiting. too many questions and no real answers... all the guessing and postulating on this thread have so muddied the waters that i've lost track of what we're actually expecting. i tried asking once for clarification, but it was ignored. we know there's a pe cruwear in existence, but are we actually expecting anything else? was that a sprint or an exclusive? is there another sprint or exclusive in the works? will there be a se version? do we know what steel? plus many many many many more questions. the discussion isn't going anywhere because we've been given so little real information.
Agree on the just waiting. We've all expressed our excitement.

As far as expectation - expect SE/PE Cruwear sprint. That's the most logical option. It could be true that Spyderco chose a different steel for the SE version, but the only evidence is the picture of the PE that GP Knives posted.

We should believe that both SE/PE will exist because of Sal's post:
sal wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:20 pm
I just approved of the serrated sample.

sal
We should believe that the PE Cruwear is the sprint we're waiting on, and not an exclusive, due to Mushroom's post:
Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:58 pm
I asked GP Knives via Instagram and they told me that this is not an exclusive from them and they think it’s a sprint run.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wonder how cutting serrations in Cruwear will differ from the other steels that the factory are used to working with. I would assume it won't grind as easily as VG10. This may be a part of the hold up, and it could be an issue if they chose other steels for the SE version.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:23 am
I wonder how cutting serrations in Cruwear will differ from the other steels that the factory are used to working with. I would assume it won't grind as easily as VG10. This may be a part of the hold up, and it could be an issue if they chose other steels for the SE version.
Yeah and that's why I'm pretty certain that the serrated version won't have Cruwear. I will actually be very surprised if they do use Cruwear for the serrated versions because of the extra difficulty they would encounter working with it. Because of the bad experience Spyderco had using ZDP-189 on serrated blades I'm doubtful that they would spend the extra money to work with a super hard blade steel >> when in fact VG-10 will be quite adequate for the serrated version. Unless Spyderco surprises all of us by using something completely different.

I did hear a few years back that cutting/grinding serrations in ZDP-189 was a very difficult process indeed. Even if they used up some old AUS-8 bar stock for the serrated version it wouldn't bother me in the least.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote: Yeah and that's why I'm pretty certain that the serrated version won't have Cruwear. I will actually be very surprised if they do use Cruwear for the serrated versions because of the extra difficulty they would encounter working with it. Because of the bad experience Spyderco had using ZDP-189 on serrated blades I'm doubtful that they would spend the extra money to work with a super hard blade steel >> when in fact VG-10 will be quite adequate for the serrated version. Unless Spyderco surprises all of us by using something completely different.

I did hear a few years back that cutting/grinding serrations in ZDP-189 was a very difficult process indeed. Even if they used up some old AUS-8 bar stock for the serrated version it wouldn't bother me in the least.
CruWear is not so overly difficult to grind serrations onto. Spyderco hasn’t offered it yet but it certainly is not impossible. If anyone has proven that they’re willing to take risks, it’s Spyderco. Not that I think grinding serrations on CruWear is risky, I just don’t think it’s something that would intimidate Spyderco out of trying.

I’m 99% sure the serrated edge model is also going to be in CruWear. I just do not see Spyderco releasing two separate sprint runs of the same model at the same time. Two different steels would make them different variations of the same model and I just do not see that happening. I am fully expecting both edge types to be the exact same configurations. (Grey G10 + CruWear)
-Nick :bug-red