C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Post by JD Spydo »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:32 am
PlainEdge:
House of Blades... https://houseofblades.com/shop/spyderco-ayoob-c60gpgy/
I just wonder if there is going to be any C-60 Sprint Run folders left anywhere on the open market by the time that Halloween arrives. It does seem to be selling at a very rapid rate.

Again you've been so helpful with your valuable information on where to obtain this super great Sprint Run. I know everyone here deeply appreciates your timely help.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Id say all the major dealers are sold out and wont be getting more. Id say its sold out except a few unknown dealers may have 5 or 6.

But what do I know. Not a thing
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderGrill wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:29 am
Id say all the major dealers are sold out and wont be getting more. Id say its sold out except a few unknown dealers may have 5 or 6.

But what do I know. Not a thing
I got a gut feeling that you are probably 100% spot on. I bet that in two months or so one of these Cruwear Ayoob models is going to be extremely tough to come by. .This entire project has created a lot of questions throughout the community.

It does seem that the serrated unit is selling just as well as the plain edge from what I can tell. Throughout the entire thread it has amazed me how many of the guys showed a lot of interest in the full SE version. I truly hope that I'm wrong and I sincerely hope that more of these Cruwear Ayoob models will still be available for at least another month or so.
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

i don't know the quality of this website, but there are 10 plain and 7 serrated ayoobs showing in stock at these links:

https://liveoutdoorsports.com/massad-ay ... print-run/

https://liveoutdoorsports.com/massad-ay ... y-c60gsgy/

UPDATE: The website did fulfill my order and with decent communication. However they did drop ship directly from a distributor and I kind of prefer to buy where the knife is in hand.

Worked out though.
Last edited by Drahkis on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basko00

Post by Basko00 »

Hello all. The links immediately above prompted me to make my first post here. The liveoutdoorsports.com site looks like a scam site. I’m not an internet sleuth but I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express tonight. I really am. I searched the site and it looks fake. I searched for site reviews and can’t find anything of substance. I searched for an image or description of the address listed as Great Falls, MT and can’t find any reference or pics for that company at that location.

I called the phone number on the website and it went to a voicemail that both my wife and thought sounded computer generated. For a “family owned” company there is a glaring lack of information about the family who owns the company.

I found another reference to the same alleged company on a Walmart.com site but it’s shady, too. It shows an address in Meridian, ID, also with no pics or listings showing the company actually exists there either. A commonality with both locations is there’s a UPS store at both addresses associated with Liveoutdoorsports. Another is that both addresses are strip malls.

That’s an awful lot of Massad Ayoobs to have in stock. Especially for a company no one has ever heard of.

I hadn’t visited the forum here for a few months. I found this thread the other day and thought this looked like a pretty cool model. Now that I have one in hand I can say that it is a truly great Spyderco. Great lineage and history. Functional blade shape, smooth action, excellent lock and really nice G10 texture. Its one of the nicest Spydercos I’ve ever owned. Thanks to JD Spydo for helping make it happen and thanks to Buddafucco for searching for available stock and posting it here. Based on how fast it has sold, I probably would not have had the opportunity to get one otherwise.

I first ordered a PE from BladeOps. The knife is absolutely perfect. Unfortunately the box arrived smashed and ripped due to the manner in which it was shipped.

ETA-I was eventually able to make contact with Andy, the manager at Blade Ops, about the shipping dept mishap. We discussed our shared passion for knives and collecting. Mistakes do occur and I am more than confident the next Spyderco I order from them will arrive safe and sound, to include the overly fragile red and black box.

Buddafucco posted another link to Mr. Knife Guy and I have another PE Ayoob coming. I had never purchased from him, did a little searching and quickly saw he likes good knives as much as any of us. He is also a long time collector and he ships with care, with the knife box wrapped in butcher paper, packing materials and in a hard side priority mail box. Really happy for the link to his store.

I wanted to find a SE but I’ve struck out so far. But I will soon have a new shiny Ayoob with a proper, shiny box and that’s pretty cool.

This an excellent forum with great information and I wanted to get something up here so someone doesn’t get taken by a scam site. There’s a ton of fake gun sites out there now, also. They all seem to share the same common features

I want to say thanks again to JD Spydo and Buddafucco for their efforts here. I have about fifty or so Spydercos and this Ayoob is one of my very favorites right up there with my Knifeworks CF/TI S90c Millie. I like that model so much I have three of them. If I get lucky enough to find a SE Ayoob I’ll happily own three of them, too. Thanks for making this one, Sal.
Last edited by Basko00 on Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Drahkis wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:44 pm
i don't know the quality of this website, but there are 10 plain and 7 serrated ayoobs showing in stock at these links:

https://liveoutdoorsports.com/massad-ay ... print-run/

https://liveoutdoorsports.com/massad-ay ... y-c60gsgy/
I've personally never heard of them before. But they do carry a lot of high quality sporting good products which is usually a pretty good indicator of a reputable retailer. I was actually impressed with their line up of great fishing reels.

If I had the funds to buy a couple more of them I wouldn't hesitate. I also liked their line up of hunter clothing.
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Gunbroker is listing both PE and SE, with 9 & 10 in stock of each model.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Ke ... ob&Sort=13
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Basko00:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Basko00 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:38 pm
Hello all. The links immediately above prompted me to make my first post here. The liveoutdoorsports.com site looks like a scam site. I’m not an internet sleuth but I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express tonight. I really am. I searched the site and it looks fake. I searched for site reviews and can’t find anything of substance. I searched for an image or description of the address listed as Great Falls, MT and can’t find any reference or pics for that company at that location.

I called the phone number on the website and it went to a voicemail that both my wife and thought sounded computer generated. For a “family owned” company there is a glaring lack of information about the family who owns the company.

I found another reference to the same alleged company on a Walmart.com site but it’s shady, too. It shows an address in Meridian, ID, also with no pics or listings showing the company actually exists there either. A commonality with both locations is there’s a UPS store at both addresses associated with Liveoutdoorsports. Another is that both addresses are strip malls.

That’s an awful lot of Massad Ayoobs to have in stock. Especially for a company no one has ever heard of. That’s a big red flag for me.

I hadn’t visited the forum here for a few months. I found this thread the other day and thought this looked like a pretty cool model. Now that I have one in hand I can say that it is a truly great Spyderco. Great lineage and history. Functional blade shape, smooth action, excellent lock and really nice G10 texture. Its one of the nicest Spydercos I’ve ever owned. Thanks to JD Spydo for helping make it happen and thanks to Buddafucco for searching for available stock and posting it here. Based on how fast it has sold, I probably would not have had the opportunity to get one otherwise.

I first ordered a PE from BladeOps. The knife is perfect. Unfortunately the box arrived smashed and ripped due to the manner in which it was shipped. I also ordered another brand knife which unbeknownst to me, utilizes a large hard sided AK rifle magazine style box. The knife boxes were totally incompatible and needed to be shipped in something other than a light mailer stuffed inside a Priority Mail envelope. I did reach out to BladeOps. Twice. If anyone wants to know their response, shoot me a PM. I don’t know if this is the proper forum to air it. This was my first negative knife experience in 20 plus years collecting.

However, on a positive note Buddafucco posted another link to Mr. Knife Guy and I have another PE Ayoob coming. I had never purchased from him, did a little searching and quickly saw he likes good knives as much as any of us. He is also a long time collector and he ships with care, with the knife box wrapped in butcher paper, packing materials and in a hard side priority mail box. That’s how I do it and and that’s how most every private seller and commercial seller I’ve ever dealt with does it. Really happy I for the link to his store.

I wanted to find a SE but I’ve struck out so far. But I will soon have a new shiny Ayoob with a proper, shiny box and that’s pretty cool.

This an excellent forum with great information and I wanted to get something up here so someone doesn’t get taken by a scam site. There’s a ton of fake gun sites out there now, also. They all seem to share the same common features

I want to say thanks again to JD Spydo and Buddafucco for their efforts here. I have about fifty or so Spydercos and this Ayoob is one of my very favorites right up there with my Knifeworks CF/TI S90c Millie. I like that model so much I have three of them. If I get lucky enough to find a SE Ayoob I’ll happily own three of them, too. Thanks for making this one, Sal.
Mark’s Outdoors in Vestavia AL. Call them, they have the SE in stock.
Basko00

Post by Basko00 »

Thank you Twinboysdad. I just got off the phone with Randy at Mark’s outdoors and he’s already got an SE going out to me this afternoon. That’s a good store. I enjoyed doing business with him. I really appreciate the heads-up.

To emphasize the difference between MarksOutdoors and “liveoutdoorsports” you will find bonafide reviews, pics of the Marks Outdoors actual store, both inside and outside, and this is important -under the About section, you will actually find information about the owners and the people who work there. I quickly learned Mark’s is a family owned business. My experience is American family owned businesses are usually justifiably proud of their business and they will tell you about the family who started it or owns it. It’s one of the methods with which a small company can use their website to help a potential customer determine the business is genuine. Mark’s Outdoor’s is genuine and real people answer the phone.

There are no such pics of the other place referenced above.

While I could be wrong about that other store, I don’t think I am. I’d be very hesitant to give that website personal information. I’m hoping to keep someone here from getting their information stolen.

I had no such hesitation giving Randy at Mark’s Outdoors my info right over the phone. I now have an SE on the way and that has made a tough day much, much better here. Thank you again.
Spyder & I

Post by Spyder & I »

For Canucks, both types now available at srknivesandswords.com
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm wondering if New Graham ever got any more of these Cruwear Ayoob models?? They told me over 3 weeks ago that they were going to get some more. I'll try to call them later this morning to see>> unless you guys have already checked with them.

They've always been one of my favorite dealers. They used to get Sprint Runs before most people would. Not sure anymore but it's worth checking.

Also has anyone checked with GP Knives?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I got to talk to one of the guys at New Graham late yesterday.. He told me that they had a huge Spyderco order come in that morning and he was pretty sure there were more Cruwear Ayoobs in the batch. But he said he wouldn't have time to unpack it until Saturday (10-01-22). I'm going to check with him later to see for sure.

He said that they had quite a few requests for them and hopefully there are more on that order he received. I would not hesitate to recommend New Graham as a great source for much wanted Spyderco blades. So it's a possibility. I think he said they were open from 10:00am to 2:00pm Eastern Time on Saturday.

I have a creepy feeling that by Halloween the Cruwear Ayoob is going to be difficult to find.
Spyder & I

Post by Spyder & I »

Houseofknives.ca has both in stock
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Basko00 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:53 pm
Thank you Twinboysdad. I just got off the phone with Randy at Mark’s outdoors and he’s already got an SE going out to me this afternoon. That’s a good store. I enjoyed doing business with him. I really appreciate the heads-up.

To emphasize the difference between MarksOutdoors and “liveoutdoorsports” you will find bonafide reviews, pics of the Marks Outdoors actual store, both inside and outside, and this is important -under the About section, you will actually find information about the owners and the people who work there. I quickly learned Mark’s is a family owned business. My experience is American family owned businesses are usually justifiably proud of their business and they will tell you about the family who started it or owns it. It’s one of the methods with which a small company can use their website to help a potential customer determine the business is genuine. Mark’s Outdoor’s is genuine and real people answer the phone.

There are no such pics of the other place referenced above.

While I could be wrong about that other store, I don’t think I am. I’d be very hesitant to give that website personal information. I’m hoping to keep someone here from getting their information stolen.

I had no such hesitation giving Randy at Mark’s Outdoors my info right over the phone. I now have an SE on the way and that has made a tough day much, much better here. Thank you again.
Mark’s Outdoors is treasure. I am lucky I live less than 2 miles away. Great selection, great people. They have customer appreciation lunches every now and then too. They sell more Liberty gun safes than anyone in the SE. Randy is the nicest guy in the cutlery biz and I met Francesca from Spyderco there before Covid too.
Basko00

Post by Basko00 »

I can’t say enough good things about them. I hope to get a chance to visit one day soon. My brother lives up the road a bit outside Memphis, so the opportunity is there.

It was such a good experience and I like this C-60 so much, I called Randy back this morning and got another SE from him. Randy told me he’d sold quite a few of this model since last week. He agreed that it’s a very nice knife. We probably helped get them a little exposure here because they don’t really have an online store at this time. But I think they are working on that.

You are right-they are good people. They are very proud of the store and they like working there a lot. I can tell you from the couple phone conversations we had, they appreciate their customers as much as any business I’ve ever dealt with. I even have a standing offer to come out and go to Blade with him. Just an outstanding experience all around. I owe you one for the lead.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

That's interesting that a few dealers are still getting a few of them. But I would advise anyone who seriously wants one to make it a point to go ahead and get it before the end of this month.

Again check out New Graham, GP Knives and there us a dealer here in the Kansas City, MO USA area known as Ambrosi Brothers Cutlery who I've heard now carries Spyderco. I wish I could afford about 4 of each edge type because in a year or so these will be virtually impossible to find.
ovgcguy

Post by ovgcguy »

What's the best way to remove staining? I forget what got on my blade, but I found the limits of its stain resistance...
Laphroaig9

RE-PROFILING MY C-60 EDGE? YES OR NO?

Post by Laphroaig9 »

If I were to reconsider re-profiling my Straight-Edge C-60, why, or why not?

And if "yes" reprofile it, who would you recommend I send it to to get it back in a few months?

Thanks in advance!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

ovgcguy wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:16 pm
What's the best way to remove staining? I forget what got on my blade, but I found the limits of its stain resistance...
Try Barkeeper's Friend to remove stains from steel. You can use Flitz or similar, but they will also put a polish on the blade that some find unappealing.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001