C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rp5

Re: C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Post by Rp5 »

defenestrate wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:18 pm
Yeah, I'm no fashion wizard either. I went to NYC once and out of probably ten thousands or more people I saw in the city, not one was wearing plaid/flannel.
I'm sure that's changed now. The east coast hipsters love to wear flannel to imitate the 90s west coast grunge and say they wore it before it was cool.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:30 am
If you guys are interested in high quality American made work wear look up 1620 Workwear. They're anything but inexpensive but I have one of their hoodies and it's pretty amazing.
I would be highly interested to see what popular brand of work wear that Spyderco would endorse. I wear Carhartt and Blakladder vests a lot in the colder weather seasons and I find them extremely handy for knife carry.

Blakladder vests and jackets even have special flashlight compartments and I would love to see one with a compartment for a folder or a fixed blade.

With the C-60 Ayoob being one of the most functional Spyderco designs ever it would just make good sense to check out a line a clothing that would go hand in hand with such a great model.
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Just subscribed to the thread again, so please drop a notice when this one gets announced. Otherwise I've bought all the Spydies I want for the year, so might visit the forums less frequently. Stay sharp pals and gals.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Rp5 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:28 am
Just subscribed to the thread again, so please drop a notice when this one gets announced. Otherwise I've bought all the Spydies I want for the year, so might visit the forums less frequently. Stay sharp pals and gals.
Well right now I don't know any more than the rest of you here do. I've now got a suspicion however that it might be fall or next winter when we can get our hands on this most anticipated C-60 Sprint Run. I'm sure hoping it will be sooner like the middle of the summer maybe.

It is my most wanted of any knife on my list at this time. and I want the PE & SE to put in my "user rotation". I've been EDCing my 2011 Sprint Run version of the C-60 and it's got me wanting this new one in the very worst way. I can't wait to test drive the new SE version. I'm counting the days.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

defenestrate wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:18 pm

Checking out Blaklader and Round House. I don't think I've seen either but if the quality and price work for me, I'll try some. Round House in particular seems fairly affordable (though some Blaklader stuff is as well) as far as decent work pants go.
Hey DEF you will love that line up of clothes made by Blaklader. I've had one of their vest for about 3 years now and it's built to last 15 to 20 years and I'm not exaggerating one bit either. The Blaklader vest has two compartments for flashlights and other vital tools and several places you can carry a Spyderco knife. I want to get some of their work trousers next. They look like they could take any type of torture test imaginable.

I've noticed that people that really like high quality work wear also seem to be automatically drawn to high quality blades like Spyderco and super good flashlights like Surefire and about 4 other brands I could name off. And the reason I mention all of that is because with well made clothing and the right gear I just never lose knives or flashlights anymore.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

The preorders are up!!!!

April Fools. :D ;) :)
Sorry, I had to.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Freediver wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:05 pm
The preorders are up!!!!

April Fools. :D ;) :)
Sorry, I had to.
Hey dude!!!! :eek: That's just cruel!!! :rolleyes: But actually it was the first April Fools joke I've had laid on me today so I guess it's all good after all. But still that had a degree of cruelty to it :o

But you sure had the attention of a few of the guys here at Spyderville :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Rp5 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:28 am
It's been mysteriously quiet on that front. I've been patiently waiting for news on the upcoming C-60 Ayoob Sprint as many of you all have been.

Just recently I've talked to 3 acquaintances that I hang out with and I've got two of them wanting one and these guys aren't all that big into knives but they sure like my G-10 (2011) Sprint Run C-60.

I'm holding out hope that we will have these available in this year of 2021. Don't be shy folks if any of you hear any news :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Fingers crossed for the next reveal.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:01 am
I've kind of wondered about that possibility. However this is almost comparable to selling tickets for an AC/DC concert :cool: . There are a lot of folks that are looking extremely forward to the C-60 Ayoob and are mainly focused on that model alone. And I'm convinced that it's going to sell itself pretty fast with no help needed. But I could be wrong. Marketing is a strange science needless to say.

It's been hard for me to keep the cash I've put aside and to leave it alone when so many new models are very enticing to me as well. It's been like being a kid in a Russell Stover's candy store with a pocket full of cash. It sure has tested my will power I must say :D But I want to be ready to pull the trigger when the time comes ;)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:19 am
Evil D wrote:
I've kind of wondered about that possibility. However this is almost comparable to selling tickets for an AC/DC concert :cool: . There are a lot of folks that are looking extremely forward to the C-60 Ayoob and are mainly focused on that model alone. And I'm convinced that it's going to sell itself pretty fast with no help needed. But I could be wrong. Marketing is a strange science needless to say.

It's been hard for me to keep the cash I've put aside and to leave it alone when so many new models are very enticing to me as well. It's been like being a kid in a Russell Stover's candy store with a pocket full of cash. It sure has tested my will power I must say :D But I want to be ready to pull the trigger when the time comes ;)

I think I said this already but I'd be happy getting it next year if it means they take their time and really get the fit and finish dialed in just right. I would hate to see this return get spoiled by these kinds of issues. They can take all the time they need.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:44 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:19 am
Evil D wrote:

I think I said this already but I'd be happy getting it next year if it means they take their time and really get the fit and finish dialed in just right. I would hate to see this return get spoiled by these kinds of issues. They can take all the time they need.
Good Point. Yeah I'll take high quality over a speedy arrival any day the more I think about it. And this might be a project that's just going to take some time to do it right. We got the green light and it's in the works but it would be nice to have it at least by the autumn or maybe by Thanksgiving 2021.

I guess I ought to shut up because I've been EDCing my 2011 Sprint Run with the G-10 handle and it's been a blast carrying and using it. It's considerably more agile than my M390 Military model and fits in the pocket better too. And I've sure been getting a lot of compliments on it.
benben

Post by benben »

JD, you’re trying to get this thread to 50 pages, aren’t you?? ;)

My C60 is in my pocket as I write this, can’t even tell it’s there!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

benben wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:19 am
JD, you’re trying to get this thread to 50 pages, aren’t you?? ;)

My C60 is in my pocket as I write this, can’t even tell it’s there!
No not really>> actually I was sort of surprised at the time when this thread exceeded 10 pages when it did. And this C-60 Sprint Run is an ongoing project needless to say.

And I've also been EDCing my Sprint run, 2011 era G-10 handled C-60 myself. For the first week carrying the C-60 it didn't feel right that I didn't have my M390 Military model but in less than 2 weeks I now know that it was a great decision.

When the C-60 Sprint Run arrives I'm confident that this thread will go way beyond 50 pages. But I'm just more focused now on getting one in my pocket and a couple for the footlocker.
0369Gsgt

Post by 0369Gsgt »

Hello,
I've been a lurker on here for awhile and decided to create an account. This thread has been interesting and I see that it is now fading back to page 9.
I have some questions if anyone is willing to help. If I want one of these knives, how do I get on a preorder list? How do I know which distributer will get the authorization to sell on behalf of Spyderco? There are alot of knife distributors online, which one do I sign up for to receive their emails? Will they be available for sale online on Spydercos website?
I have no idea on how the sprint runs sell, so if anyone can direct me to the proper place, I'd appreciate it.
Thank-you
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear 0369Gsgt:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

0369Gsgt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:06 am
Hello,
I've been a lurker on here for awhile and decided to create an account. This thread has been interesting and I see that it is now fading back to page 9.
I have some questions if anyone is willing to help. If I want one of these knives, how do I get on a preorder list? How do I know which distributer will get the authorization to sell on behalf of Spyderco? There are alot of knife distributors online, which one do I sign up for to receive their emails? Will they be available for sale online on Spydercos website?
I have no idea on how the sprint runs sell, so if anyone can direct me to the proper place, I'd appreciate it.
Thank-you
First off welcome to the Spyderco Forum aka Spyderville :cool: As of now you know as much as any of the rest of us know about the release date for this new Sprint Run C-60 Ayoob model. We've all been on pins and needles waiting for this one to materialize. I've now got 3 personal friends who are not knife people like most of us are and they want in on this one. Yeah it's that good of a design.

There are quite a few of us who like to see this thread be resurrected because several of us want to know about the development of this project. I'm personally anxious to see what blade steel they finally decide on.

I'm kind of surprised that Evil D. didn't include this one in on his most recent thread. It sure would qualify.
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

0369Gsgt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:06 am
Hello,
Thank-you
Sadly there's no real sure-proof method to get on a list and make sure you get one. If it's released to the dealer network (which is the expected), it's up to the dealers how they want to go about selling them. Some will take pre-orders, some will announce a time for a drop, some will just drop them randomly. If they're not super popular, you'll find them at dealers. If there's a feeding frenzy, the people that take 3 days off work and spam refresh dealer sites will be the ones buying up stock, and if you can't live without one, you'll find them on EBAY for double price.

Was hoping these would get announced in the last reveal, but sadly not. Next time hopefully!
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Speculation incoming!.. not facts... IF they made the prototype to send to Japan back in December... From what I've observed, it would be Super fast if they were ready to ship to dealers before December 2021. Probably closer to Dec 2022. That's if they've even started the ball rolling.
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:16 am
I'm kind of surprised that Evil D. didn't include this one in on his most recent thread. It sure would qualify.
I noticed that also. I just assume he has a strict blade length requirement. :)
•• Beau