C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Post by Evil D »

Trying to find ways to stay patient :winking-tongue

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

😍
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

There are only a few Spyderco models that I truly like equally as well in PE as I do in SE. And the C-60 Ayoob model is one of the few I give that distinction. I could add the JD Smith, Dodo, Catcherman, Military and POLICE models to that mix as well.

Those pics of the serrated C-60 that David just shared with us truly belong in a blade art gallery. The C-60 also looks as elegant in SE as it does in PE as only a few other great Spyderco models can make that claim.

The anticipation and suspense in this long wait are really grinding me at this point as I'm sure they are with many of you guys as well. This may be THEE most anticipated Sprint Run in the history of this great company.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I’ll probably miss out on this if it comes out this year, and even though I’ve been looking forward to it, that’s OK. Maybe it’ll come around again sometime. Hopefully in Magnacut!

🙂

Jim
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

James Y wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:13 pm
I’ll probably miss out on this if it comes out this year, and even though I’ve been looking forward to it, that’s OK. Maybe it’ll come around again sometime. Hopefully in Magnacut!

🙂

Jim
I still think a LW Salt version would rock and be a great fishing option.
James Y

Post by James Y »

twinboysdad wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:20 am
James Y wrote:

🙂

Jim

Agree 100%!!

Jim
Matus

Post by Matus »

twinboysdad wrote:

[Sal has left the thread]

:savouring
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

twinboysdad wrote:
James Y wrote:

🙂

Jim
For years I've thought that a SALT Series version of the C-60 Ayoob would be a great idea. The one forum member from up in the Finger Lakes region of New York state told me that the C-60 Ayoob was his favorite knife to fillet fish with. And I can see how that would work with the geometry of that particular blade. I'm willing to bet that mariners and professional fishermen would love a SALT version of the C-60. They would also love a SALT version of the Dyad as well.

Who knows if we get this new Sprint Run in a timely fashion then maybe it will help pave the way for a SALT version as well. A fully serrated C-60 in LC200N would be colossal IMO. In PE & SE of course.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i've said it many times on this forum, but i think any knife that is a dedicated self-defense design should be offered as a salt. if you train with a weapon, you want to keep it in the same place at all times. for me, that means iwb, which can cause rust on non-salt knives. i've been asking for a matriarch 2 salt for years now.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:35 am
i've said it many times on this forum, but i think any knife that is a dedicated self-defense design should be offered as a salt. if you train with a weapon, you want to keep it in the same place at all times. for me, that means iwb, which can cause rust on non-salt knives. i've been asking for a matriarch 2 salt for years now.
That's a most interesting observation you make. Because it has amazed me over the years that with most knives that are designed for "self defense" (SD) also seem to have many other attributes that people simply overlook in most cases. Just like I mentioned earlier that a past member a few years back discovered that his C-60 Ayoob turned out to be a great fillet knife and also to be good for wide range of other outdoor type cutting jobs. I'm almost certain that Massad Ayoob himself would be surprised at hearing that.

I can't tell you how many SD designated knives I've owned over the years that were good for a wide range of cutting jobs and until I used them I didn't have a clue. Knife designs overall can be deceiving. Because I'm still blown away at how many different cutting jobs that can be done with a Spyderco "Dodo" model as an example.

I bet it would blow you away to discover what you could do with an SD design like the Spyderco "P'Kal" for instance.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I'd absolutely love a salt version! It makes a versatile knife even more so.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Blerv wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:08 am
Thanks Sal!
Let it be known 77 pages is the perfect amount of nudging, lol.
Lol. :zany
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearrowland wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:10 pm
I'd absolutely love a salt version! It makes a versatile knife even more so.
Well let's get this upcoming Sprint Run behind us and then we'll start a campaign for a SALT Version of the C-60. You won't have to twist my arm and I'm convinced it's a great idea.
Matus

Post by Matus »

I must agree. Salt SE would be awesome. I am really warming up to SE in the mean time with my recently re-ground H1 Pacific (want to make an extra thread on that - have several videos already, need to finish the last one) - it lives in my 'gardening trousers'.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
sal

Post by sal »

Matus wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:33 am
twinboysdad wrote:

[Sal has left the thread]

:savouring

I'm still here Matus.

As JD said, let's get this Sprint into the market before we start pushing for more. We do have our limits.

sal
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

A C60 Ayoob would be pretty sweet. Hi JD Spydo, long time (years) no see!
I still EDC my trusty JD Spydohawk regularly! :clinking-mugs
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Michael Cook wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:39 pm
A C60 Ayoob would be pretty sweet. Hi JD Spydo, long time (years) no see!
I still EDC my trusty JD Spydohawk regularly! :clinking-mugs
MIchael Cook how the heck are you??!!!!! Yeah it has been a long time since we've talked. And I do distinctly remember you were a fan of the C-60 Ayoob when it was still in the main line up. They are due to release this upcoming Sprint Run C-60 Ayoob at any time now so do keep your eye on this thread so you'll know when it finally gets released to dealers and SFO.

Now we know for certain that the plain edged C-60 coming up is going to be made with Cruwear blade steel from CPM>> that has already been announced. But we are still not totally sure as of yet which blade steel they are going to use for the serrated version of the C-60 Sprint Run >> but I can assure you it will be awesome. Michael you couldn't have come back at a better time my friend :cheap-sunglasses
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The Massad Ayoob Sprint Run with CPM-CRU-WEAR (PlainEdge and SpyderEdge) and Gray G-10 for $210 are quite reasonable.

Designed by world-renowned firearms expert Massad Ayoob and originally introduced in 2001, the Massad Ayoob folding knife featured a distinctive negative angle between its blade and handle. This aligns the blade with the bones of the forearm to ensure a more direct transfer of force during thrusting and cutting motions and shortens the blade’s opening arc. This long-awaited Sprint Run expression of Ayoob’s design features a blade crafted from CPM CRU-WEAR®—a specially formulated air-hardening tool steel renowned for its edge holding and toughness. Its handle features full, skeletonized stainless steel liners, a sturdy back lock mechanism, distinctive gray peel-ply-textured G-10 scales, and a black-coated four-position pocket clip that provides a choice of left or right-side tip-up or tip-down carry.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Congrats JD!
Brummie

Post by Brummie »

Do we know if the new one is hollow-ground or flat-ground?