Alert Only Thread - Manix 2 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRCP C101PBORE2 Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Alert Only Thread - Manix 2 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRCP C101PBORE2 Sprint Run

Post by JuPaul »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:17 am
For EUROPEANS:

I preordered the Manix on this site
https://www.com2you-biwak.de/Spyderco-C ... UN-20.html
and though it actually does not show up in stock there (but just as "coming soon") I still got a shipping notification right now... (so they DO have and ship some!)
So maybe something folks interested in this knife might want to try too!

The price (151 Euro (converted around 179 USD)) is about what they ask everywhere in Europe for the Manix LW in REX 45
You got one! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on rex45!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Wartstein

Re: Alert Only Thread - Manix 2 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRCP C101PBORE2 Sprint Run

Post by Wartstein »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 pm
Wartstein wrote:

[EDIT: Sorry for going off topic in this "alert only thread"! Had already posted my reply before realizing that]

Yes I did! :)

And actually the by far most important reason (if not even the sole one) was that I wanted to try REX45 and the Manix 2 LW offers this steel in a package I know I´ll actually carry . If not for that steel I would not have gotten a second Manix 2 LW, since my BD1N model is perfectly fine (as a matter of fact I am still surprised how good BD1N really is).

Since I also absolutely have to have the upcoming Pac Salt ffg SE, won´t be able to resist the Rock Jumper SE AND plan to stick to my "not more than 10 Spydies - rule": A time of tough decisions is coming for me - since some of my current ones will have to go.. :( ;). Not necessarely a bad thing though, I think sometimes it is good to realize again: Even if one loves knives like most of us here do, in the end, well, they are just knives... ;)

If I like REX45 as much as I expect, my Manix "dream team" would be the REX45 LW in PE plus a BD1N LW in full SE... :rolleyes:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:10 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 pm
Wartstein wrote:

[EDIT: Sorry for going off topic in this "alert only thread"! Had already posted my reply before realizing that]

Yes I did! :)

And actually the by far most important reason (if not even the sole one) was that I wanted to try REX45 and the Manix 2 LW offers this steel in a package I know I´ll actually carry . If not for that steel I would not have gotten a second Manix 2 LW, since my BD1N model is perfectly fine (as a matter of fact I am still surprised how good BD1N really is).

Since I also absolutely have to have the upcoming Pac Salt ffg SE, won´t be able to resist the Rock Jumper SE AND plan to stick to my "not more than 10 Spydies - rule": A time of tough decisions is coming for me - since some of my current ones will have to go.. :( ;). Not necessarely a bad thing though, I think sometimes it is good to realize again: Even if one loves knives like most of us here do, in the end, well, they are just knives... ;)

If I like REX45 as much as I expect, my Manix "dream team" would be the REX45 LW in PE plus a BD1N LW in full SE... :rolleyes:

It's Ok now, Wartstein. It's been a month, since they have started dropping here in the U.S.A.. So it's not really an Alert Thread anymore. 99.9% of them have been sold here now.

You will love this one! Oh my goodness, is Rex 45 ever nice. :spyder:
I had to buy two, just in case I dropped this one in the river, or something like that. I would be just sick at the loss, if I didn't have a back-up plan. :D

The secondary market prices now, will be a good bit higher.

Make sure to rub some silicone oil on it, from time to time. :)
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Did knifecenter sell theirs yet?
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:54 am
Did knifecenter sell theirs yet?

I have to think, that they would all be sold by now, so I just called them quick. And yes, they have sold all of theirs, and do not expect any more in, GarageBoy.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Still in stock at Knife Center...
- Julia

Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:17 pm
Still in stock at Knife Center...
So tempted. This would be my 5th knife in rex45 but I just don’t see myself using this thing.
tulsamal

Post by tulsamal »

I put it in my Cart. I have a $50 credit there (KC) ... so figured I would probably buy it after dinner.

Came back later ... "No Longer Available!"

Now I'm mad at myself!
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

tulsamal wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:09 pm

Came back later ... "No Longer Available!"
All is not lost.
I found a small online store earlier this evening that had a few.
Hold on while I check my browsing history...

Hold on...

Almost found it...

THERE IT IS!!!
https://www.ncblade.com/spyderco/spyder ... c101pbore2
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

For Europeans:

This store seemingly still has some: https://www.com2you-biwak.de/Spyderco-C ... UN-20.html

I got mine just a few days ago, but used it a lot already: Highly recommended knife! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
tulsamal

Post by tulsamal »

Thank you RustyIron.

Standard price instead of a jacked up one. And free shipping.

I'm happy... my wife will be less so if she discovers I've "bought another knife... how many knives does one guy need?!"

Gregg
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

tulsamal wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:53 pm
how many knives does one guy need?!"
All of them!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Some first impressions Manix LW Rex45:

Knife carries well in pocket. Not as well as a Delica or Sage, but figured it would be more bulky and heavy feeling than it is ... so pleasantly surprised.

For my uses, knife seems a little on the large size ... Delica or Sage is a better match to my needs. So a little awkward for the smaller cutting tasks.

Ergos fit in hand are really good. But I knew this from a prior G10 Manix.

Knife burred with little use and about 6 passes of cardboard boxes and floor protection (ram) board (which is like the heavy cardboard on the back of a note pad if you are not familiar with it).

Took a couple minutes with a medium tri-angle stone (freehand with a single stone) to deburr and be slicey thru paper again.

No signs of corrosion but I'm in a drier climate and I've been indoors in conditioned buildings mostly.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

National Knives say that they have some in stock.