New Member from Austria

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
austrian_spyder_fan
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 am
Location: Austria / Europe

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby austrian_spyder_fan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Good Morning,

and thank you All for your answers.
I´m very impressed of so many positive feedback.
Also it is a big honor for me, that the "boss" sal welcomes me too.

I try, to answer your questions chronological:

* I come from Upper Austria, "Mühlviertel" about 15 kilometers from Linz.
* Kangaroos are good climbers at all, the only need the right shoes called "Goiserer" :D
* For my office clothes larger knifes do not fit, so I love to have the roadie and now the dragonfly.
* In public perception bigger locking folders are felt as dangerous or combat knives, I also live near Germany and like to go to Passau buy some german Beer ;-), in the past I always carried a Leatherman with fixing blade which is not allowed in fact. Therefore I bought the UK Pen Knife (and also a Böker Plus XS OD, which is nice but heavy and not ideal).

So thank you for many tips, i will slow down and will habe a look at new modells.
A Para 2/3 or a strech are good proposals (thank you kennethsime).
Also I´m a big Dragonfly-Fan ofter just one week owning it, and i will look for more of them.

What I really want to buy is a EDC/Gentlemans knife whith wooden scales (original) but very hard to become in Austria.
Also a Knive whith just the most imortant tool of the world (bottle opener ;-) ) whould be amazing. I tried the Clipitool and it´s nice but to heavy and not very ergonomic in my opinion.

Is there a way to send costum design proposals/drafts to spyderco ?

Have a good Day/Night in Austria we have 07:45 AM.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9488
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Doc Dan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 pm

Hahaha! Gernot you beat me to it.

Welcome Marcus. I’m glad you could join us. Now you need a Manix 2 lightweight and an Endura.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
ChrisinHove
Member
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:12 am
Location: Thoroughly brassed off with 2020

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby ChrisinHove » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:00 am

Hello Marcus!

Enjoy the ride!

James Y
Member
Posts: 2235
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby James Y » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:11 am

Greetings, Markus!

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Jim

*Edited for spelling.
Last edited by James Y on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6721
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Wartstein » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:12 am

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 pm
Hahaha! Gernot you beat me to it.

Welcome Marcus. I’m glad you could join us. Now you need a Manix 2 lightweight and an Endura.

Believe him, Markus. Doc is a wise man for sure... :)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Reject » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:48 am

How much can a Koala bear?

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6721
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Wartstein » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:57 am

Reject wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:48 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FJmqOnMuVk

:p :p

Actually, they do have some kangaroos in kind of "private zoos" here and seemingly we Austrians do not really now how to keep them, so some manage to escape from time to time... we should take some advanced trainingion "kangarooing" in AustrALia I guess ;)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
DougC-3
Member
Posts: 3553
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby DougC-3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:48 am

Welcome to the forum, Markus! We're marsupial "challenged" here too, with only one species in all of North America, the Virginia Opossum ("possum"), but they are very highly esteemed :D https://opossumsocietyus.org/general-op ... formation/
:spyder: :cool:

User avatar
standy99
Member
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:07 am
Location: Between Broome and Cairns somewhere

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby standy99 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:09 am

Bloke wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:35 pm
austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:38 pm
My name is Markus, i'm 40 and from Austria (Schwarzenegger) not Australia.
Image

Welcome to the Forum, Markus! :)

It doesn’t matter that you’re Austrian. We can’t all be Australians. :p
Pretty sure I got he’s mail the other day.

The amount of mail to Australia that gets sent to Austria and vice versa

https://www.smh.com.au/national/special ... 50iav.html
11A0A8CF-2502-4983-AAC9-21A4E10F7D27.jpeg
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.

User avatar
Filoso-
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:38 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Filoso- » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:23 am

Hi Markus. Welcome!!
Last edited by Filoso- on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Bloke » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:44 am

Apologies, Markus! I didn’t mean to imply that you’re Swiss and blow an alphorn but I’m tipping you can probably still blow one as good as anyone in Switzerland. Anyhow, welcome again, mate. I’m sure you’ll like it here. :cool:
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:52 pm
the guy in the pic clearly is from Switzerland, not Austria... ;)
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 pm
Hahaha! Gernot you beat me to it.
Good pick up, lads! I’d never of picked it. Here’s where you have it all over this little Australian. For example, say I was somewhere on the Swiss Alps or across the road here at the park and came across an Austrian, a Swiss, a German, a Dutchman and an Australian, all blowing alphorns and wearing their respective national dress, I reckon I’d likely only be able to pick the Aussie and the Dutchman. Unless of coarse everyone was wearing clogs in which case I’d only be able to place the Aussie. :D
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

User avatar
rabbitanarchy14
Member
Posts: 510
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:25 am
Location: Michigan, USA, Earth
Contact:

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby rabbitanarchy14 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:25 am

Wherzlich willkommen!
192.168.0.1 - Para 3 S35VN, Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native S30V comp, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM 2 M390 DLC BL, PM 2 K390 RG, Cat BD1N
Saving for - D'allara 3, Q-Ball, Techno 2 w/G10

AlexRus
Member
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am
Location: Russia, Earth

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby AlexRus » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:36 am

Hi Marcus! Welcome aboard! :)

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 19304
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby JD Spydo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:24 am

Peter1960 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:49 pm
Servus Markus,

aus welcher Ecke unseres schönen Landes kommst du denn?
Well Peter I know there's got to be more that you two guys from Austria here on the Forum? I give a big "WELCOME" to our newest Spyderville member :) We've been getting a lot of new overseas members and that's just great :)

I've always kind of been curious as to where you guys get your Spyderco knives at in Europe or anywhere else for that matter?

I know that there are dealers in Australia and South Africa but I've never really kept track of most of the other countries?

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby koenigsegg » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:40 am

Welcome! Am I the only one who read his post in Arnold's voice after he mentioned him? :)
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

James Y
Member
Posts: 2235
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby James Y » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:07 am


User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6721
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Wartstein » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:31 am

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:24 am
Peter1960 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:49 pm
Servus Markus,

aus welcher Ecke unseres schönen Landes kommst du denn?
Well Peter I know there's got to be more that you two guys from Austria here on the Forum? I give a big "WELCOME" to our newest Spyderville member :) We've been getting a lot of new overseas members and that's just great :)

I've always kind of been curious as to where you guys get your Spyderco knives at in Europe or anywhere else for that matter?

I know that there are dealers in Australia and South Africa but I've never really kept track of most of the other countries?

Well, there are at least (besides Peter and our new member) the Austrians Coffetron, Ric and myself ;) (and probably some more I don´t think of right now)

/ And at least where I live in Austria there is not a single store I am aware of that would carry any Spydercos.. :(
Most likely there are some in the Capital Vienna, which is like 350 km (= 220 miles) from my home.

So there is no way to handle some models before deciding for a purchase.
European internet stores are the way to go. There are a few that are quite alright, but prices are a lot higher than in the US (at least 30 % I´d say).
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6721
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Wartstein » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:33 am

James Y wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:07 am
https://youtu.be/2hOLm_k6eCs

:)

Jim

Yeah, that´s a true Austrian woman ;)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Ric
Member
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 pm
Location: Austria / Europe

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Ric » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:51 am

ClipiTool Bottle Opener & Screwdriver


I order my knives in a local knife shop.
If I do not like it, I do not buy it (they can send it back).

And I buy online, but mostly inly if my dealer cannot get that model.

Notsurewhy
Member
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: New Member from Austria

Postby Notsurewhy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:57 am

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:47 pm
Good Morning,

and thank you All for your answers.
I´m very impressed of so many positive feedback.
Also it is a big honor for me, that the "boss" sal welcomes me too.

I try, to answer your questions chronological:

* I come from Upper Austria, "Mühlviertel" about 15 kilometers from Linz.
* Kangaroos are good climbers at all, the only need the right shoes called "Goiserer" :D
* For my office clothes larger knifes do not fit, so I love to have the roadie and now the dragonfly.
* In public perception bigger locking folders are felt as dangerous or combat knives, I also live near Germany and like to go to Passau buy some german Beer ;-), in the past I always carried a Leatherman with fixing blade which is not allowed in fact. Therefore I bought the UK Pen Knife (and also a Böker Plus XS OD, which is nice but heavy and not ideal).

So thank you for many tips, i will slow down and will habe a look at new modells.
A Para 2/3 or a strech are good proposals (thank you kennethsime).
Also I´m a big Dragonfly-Fan ofter just one week owning it, and i will look for more of them.

What I really want to buy is a EDC/Gentlemans knife whith wooden scales (original) but very hard to become in Austria.
Also a Knive whith just the most imortant tool of the world (bottle opener ;-) ) whould be amazing. I tried the Clipitool and it´s nice but to heavy and not very ergonomic in my opinion.

Is there a way to send costum design proposals/drafts to spyderco ?

Have a good Day/Night in Austria we have 07:45 AM.
Knifecenter.com has an exclusive wooden scaled version of the dragonfly in Hap40 that is very nice (also the delica and endura but you said you like dragonflies). I think they do international shipping, but I'm not sure.

Welcome to the forum.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cambertree, Majestic-12 [Bot], skeeg11 and 33 guests