Tenacious Lightweight does it for me

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tucson Tom

Re: Tenacious Lightweight does it for me

Post by Tucson Tom »

I have to say that the Tenacious is an absolute Spyderco classic. I have only ever had my hands on the G10 model, and it is the best bang for the buck for any knife anywhere. I haven't looked at prices, but if this makes it an even better deal, as I suspect it does, then it will really be something. I should get one in SE and give it a go.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:01 pm
I have to say that the Tenacious is an absolute Spyderco classic. I have only ever had my hands on the G10 model, and it is the best bang for the buck for any knife anywhere. I haven't looked at prices, but if this makes it an even better deal, as I suspect it does, then it will really be something. I should get one in SE and give it a go.
I've noticed that the price seems to be about the same, but I find the FRN more attractive for a cheaper work knife.

I want an OD Green model with the S35VN blade. Maybe another blade swap is in my future...
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

After using my lightweight on wood, steak, veggies and cardboard I really like the serrations.
Feel the top thumb ramp could be a little higher by about 5mm.
I find my thumb rolling over the top often, but that's just a personal thing.
Really nice cutter, glides through tomatoes.
Doesn't glide through steak as easy as a well sharpened straight edge though, my PM2 cuts a steak much nicer.
For a 'lightweight' knife it feels pretty heavy, feels like a tank compared to my P3 and native 5 lightweights..