2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ladybug93
Member
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby ladybug93 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:03 pm

Takuan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47 pm
Sorry, ladybug93. I wasn’t trying to call you out there. I quoted you because I really do share your concerns about possible rule violations and wanted to preface my comments by agreeing with you on that issue.
no need for you to apologize at all. my comment wasn't directed at you. i apologize for my assumption. i should've just kept my mouth shut. it gets the best of me sometimes.

User avatar
bbturbodad
Member
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby bbturbodad » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:12 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47 pm
I was wondering what you were going with this year, as I look at that great shot of yours from last year everyday this month! Another great submission!!
Thanks buddy! :)

I was kinda lazy this year and if I hadn't got lucky with the timing of this shot I was gonna to sit this year out.

PS

If they ever let the kids back to school we still need to meet up.
-Turbo

ihped1
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby ihped1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:39 pm

The Spyderco Native 5 in S90V/Fluted Carbon Fiber (C41CFFP5) is another great iteration on the classic model. This is what I would consider a gentlemen's carry knife that has the history of a great workhorse.
Attachments
spyderco_calendar_submission_72.jpg

User avatar
DougC-3
Member
Posts: 3553
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby DougC-3 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:16 am

SpyderCuse wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:58 pm
Takuan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:47 pm
SpyderCuse wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:51 pm
The building in the background is Crucible and In the center of the Spyder hole is the front sign at Crucible. I blurred it out for looks and copyright purposes.
Nice picture! It might be worth asking Kristi about whether or not an exception could be made for the Crucible logo. It would seem a bit strange to be able to include the “CPM REX 45” blade stamp and yet not the Crucible logo. I suppose it pays to be cautious, though.
I was thinking that originally, but I kind of like the secrecy of it/look of it.
I was going to suggest asking Kristi and leaving it in too, since I presume their CPM steel names on blades may be trademarked as well, and I've seen some calendar pics in the past seemingly chosen because of something interesting in the hole, but if you think it spoils the looks or photo effect, probably not.
:spyder: :cool:

Adrian.Johansson
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby Adrian.Johansson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:17 am

Am I late for the contest?

No theme to talk about, I just like take photos in dark backgrounds with my Spyderco knives. They look extremely nice in black, the shape of the knife with colors and contrast will appear extremely good.

Spyderco Paysan CPM-S90V

Direct link:

Image

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 4913
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:54 am

bbturbodad wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:12 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47 pm
I was wondering what you were going with this year, as I look at that great shot of yours from last year everyday this month! Another great submission!!
Thanks buddy! :)

I was kinda lazy this year and if I hadn't got lucky with the timing of this shot I was gonna to sit this year out.

PS

If they ever let the kids back to school we still need to meet up.
Absolutely! Just shoot me a PM whenever you end up in the area.
20 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Civivi Elementum

-Rick

User avatar
Enigma
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:53 am
Location: South Africa

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby Enigma » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:14 am

My submission for next years calendar.

Forum name: Enigma
Item: YUS116 Orange & Blue Heavy Duty Baliyo

Image

To me this product exemplifies Spyderco's innovative and creative way of designing product which meets their customers needs. Whether it's a solution to carrying a knife i.e adding a pocket clip or creating a product which writes exceptionally well and doubles up as a tool to safely practice balisong tricks Spyderco always delivers. I've spent countless hours fidgeting/flipping with this Baliyo, it has held up well having been dropped a number of times. A truly unique product :spyder:

ZeeQ
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:50 am

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby ZeeQ » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:27 am

I absolutely love the design of these Spyder Throwers (medium). Not only are they beautifully balanced - they're easy on the eyes and a blast to work with!
Attachments
Knives 2020_SMRES--3.jpg

User avatar
Lumpy620
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby Lumpy620 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:45 am

Thank you again Spyderco for the chance to compete in the yearly contest. Awesome shots so far everyone, and good luck to all. My submission for this year:

Forum Name: Lumpy620
Model: Native 5 Salt (C41PYL5)
"LC200N In It's Native Environment"
IMG_20200524_133942_copy_2700x3450_copy_1350x1725.jpg
I picked the Native 5 Salt, because it represents several things to me which are quintessential Spyderco. First, it is an in house design which has seen numerous iterations and CQI. Second, it is a steel which no one else is really using in production knives, which displays unique characteristics. Third, my first Golden made :spyder: folder once upon a time was a Native FRN (Smallfly was the first, but it doesn't count cause it's a Bali ;) ). This photo was taken in a small, stone reflecting pool my father and I carved and shaped for my mother years ago, which she summarily turned into a bird bath. :rolleyes:
:spyder: :D :spyder: -Joel

AlexBouic
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:45 am

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby AlexBouic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:03 am

This year I've decided to do something different with two of my absolute favourite Spyderco's, the CHAPARRAL™ STEPPED TI C152STI and the Native® 5 Titanium Fluted C41TIF5. Their sophistication and elegance is brought to life by the fine craftsmanship and machining of the scales.
Alexbouic

Image

ZeeQ
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:50 am

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby ZeeQ » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:49 am

AlexBouic wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:03 am
This year I've decided to do something different with two of my absolute favourite Spyderco's, the CHAPARRAL™ STEPPED TI C152STI and the Native® 5 Titanium Fluted C41TIF5. Their sophistication and elegance is brought to life by the fine craftsmanship and machining of the scales.
Alexbouic

Image
Wow! What a stunning photo.

User avatar
wec12
Member
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby wec12 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:52 am

Product Name: Spyderco Ikuchi C242CF
Forum Name: wec12

Love at the first sight! When I saw Ikuchi the very first time, I fell in love with its elegance and style, especially how the long blade hides in the handle! Hopefully using light painting as the background shows the continuous lines Ikuchi presents!
Image
Attachments
Spyderco Contest 2021_Ikuchi_Web.jpg

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby nerdlock » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:12 am

Thank you Spyderco for allowing us all to show our love for your blades through these channels of creative output.

-------------------------------
Forum Name: nerdlock
Item: Spyderco Manix 2

This year has been very hard for all of us to say the least... yet some of us are blessed with some form of steady support that has helped us carry on through these uncertain times - wether it be friends, families, loved ones, or people who have touched our lives in one way or another. Just like the Manix 2, a simple, tough, dependable knife that has supported many of us through a lot of everyday challenges without frills or fanfare. So like a phoenix rising from the depths of the waters, we too shall rise up from this challenge, and break through the ocean of despair that many of us are drowning in these days. Sooner or later, we all will overcome, have faith!

Image

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby The Meat man » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:24 am

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:12 am
Thank you Spyderco for allowing us all to show our love for your blades through these channels of creative output.

-------------------------------
Forum Name: nerdlock
Item: Spyderco Manix 2

This year has been very hard for all of us to say the least... yet some of us are blessed with some form of steady support that has helped us carry on through these uncertain times - wether it be friends, families, loved ones, or people who have touched our lives in one way or another. Just like the Manix 2, a simple, tough, dependable knife that has supported many of us through a lot of everyday challenges without frills or fanfare. So like a phoenix rising from the depths of the waters, we too shall rise up from this challenge, and break through the ocean of despair that many of us are drowning in these days. Sooner or later, we all will overcome, have faith!
Wow, impressive photo nerdlock! I think that one may be a winner. ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby nerdlock » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:30 am

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:24 am
nerdlock wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:12 am
Thank you Spyderco for allowing us all to show our love for your blades through these channels of creative output.

-------------------------------
Forum Name: nerdlock
Item: Spyderco Manix 2

This year has been very hard for all of us to say the least... yet some of us are blessed with some form of steady support that has helped us carry on through these uncertain times - wether it be friends, families, loved ones, or people who have touched our lives in one way or another. Just like the Manix 2, a simple, tough, dependable knife that has supported many of us through a lot of everyday challenges without frills or fanfare. So like a phoenix rising from the depths of the waters, we too shall rise up from this challenge, and break through the ocean of despair that many of us are drowning in these days. Sooner or later, we all will overcome, have faith!
Wow, impressive photo nerdlock! I think that one may be a winner. ;)

Thank you for the kind words! I had really had fun doing this, and despite how it looks, this was all done single image in-camera...no photoshop compositing whatsoever. :)

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 13675
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby sal » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:41 am

Wow, Lotsa great stuff. Very impressive.

Hi to Knifeaholic, Beachknife, ZemogKA, Adrian, ZeeQ and AlexBouic,

Welcome to our forum.

If I missed anyone, my apologies.

sal

Adrian.Johansson
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby Adrian.Johansson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:17 am

sal wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:41 am
Wow, Lotsa great stuff. Very impressive.

Hi to Knifeaholic, Beachknife, ZemogKA, Adrian, ZeeQ and AlexBouic,

Welcome to our forum.

If I missed anyone, my apologies.

sal
Thanx Sal. 👑❤️😺

Shibby
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:32 am

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby Shibby » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:17 pm

I am entering a picture of my teal Dragonfly (C28FPTL2). This knife is the perfect size knife for me. It is also my favorite color. I love that Spyderco makes a knife for everyone. Even me!
Image

wazerhazar
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:34 am

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby wazerhazar » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:51 pm

username: wazerhazar
knife: urban k390

The Spyderco Urban has been my EDC for at least a year now. I like knowing that regardless of where I go, it can come with me. So of course I had it with me when I saw this opportunity for a photo with this well-disguised moth.

Image

User avatar
Hopweaver
Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Postby Hopweaver » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:51 pm

Spyderco Embassy.
Picture taken at sunset in the vinyard.

Image
:spyder: Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :spyder:


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], chacho, Cl1ff, Granoo Fink, keneke006, kurt_r, Lucabrasi, skeeg11, TkoK83Spy, Tucson Tom and 30 guests