Who is actually going to carry their Bombshell?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheGiant80

Who is actually going to carry their Bombshell?

Postby TheGiant80 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 am

I was lucky enough to score a Bombshell when they landed at my retailer here in Canada. I’ve always told myself I wouldn’t buy a knife I’m not planning to carry, and it feels extremely good in-hand (despite my massive mitts), but I can’t decide if it’s actually going to be a user or not. I feel like it’s too nice of a knife for me....?

To whoever else grabbed a battle pickle, has it become part of your EDC or no? If so, how’re you liking it thus far?

TkoK83Spy

Re: Who is actually going to carry their Bombshell?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:22 am

TheGiant80 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 am
I was lucky enough to score a Bombshell when they landed at my retailer here in Canada. I’ve always told myself I wouldn’t buy a knife I’m not planning to carry, and it feels extremely good in-hand (despite my massive mitts), but I can’t decide if it’s actually going to be a user or not. I feel like it’s too nice of a knife for me....?

To whoever else grabbed a battle pickle, has it become part of your EDC or no? If so, how’re you liking it thus far?
I'm willing to bet we won't see any being used, besides maybe cutting a piece of cheese or something. Doesn't exactly look like the best slicer anyways though!
20 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Civivi Elementum

-Rick

WRB

Postby WRB » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:54 pm

I’ve been EDCing my Bombshell since day one. First thing I cut with it (other than paper) was some tree branches that were scraping my Tahoe when I parked under them. Worked a treat. Just sliced up a box so it would fit better in the trash. I sharpened it up to a mirror edge with my Edge Pro Matrix stones and it cuts like a dream.

This thing has too good of fit, finish, and ergonomics to sit in a box. And it looks different than your standard fare pocket knife, so that’s cool too.

So yeah, it’s a great EDC. I’d recommend giving it a try.

bearfacedkiller

Postby bearfacedkiller » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:34 pm

It doesn’t appeal to me but my advise is to use it. Maybe it isn’t the best knife at being a knife but it is even worse at being a knife if it never leaves its box.

If you think it is too nice then save it for special occasions. I bet most of us on here have justified a purchase because we needed a knife for when we dress up. I don’t abuse or daily carry my CF/Damascus Caly3 but I carry it on those rare occasions that this blue collar guy dresses up.

In the end just make sure you enjoy it! :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

chrisjohn

Postby chrisjohn » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:53 pm

I have.

Feels so substantial for a smaller folder. Perfect size and my example was quite sharp.

Spyderco knives are for carry.

Shame this wasn't a wider release. Nothing like the Chubby which I didn't care for.

Pokey

Postby Pokey » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:55 pm

I’ve carried mine, too. I’ve taken it to work a couple of times and shown it to a couple of coworkers. Their first response is, “ What the...”

I did run by the SFO this week and another customer asked Kyle whether the had any in stock; nope, all gone. So I pulled mine out to let the customer see/handle it. He liked it.

I told them it’s great for cleaning your fingernails, too. (If you’re Bigfoot.) ;)

justjohn

Postby justjohn » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:06 pm

I don't have one, can I carry yours? Pleasssssseeee..... :D
- John

:spyder: "Spyderco"....nuff said! :spyder:

TkoK83Spy

Postby TkoK83Spy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:45 pm

We all know Sal, Eric or the collabs don't create a knife just to sit in a box or a safe. It's safe to say, they want us to use them to appreciate all the time and work they put into these knives!
20 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Civivi Elementum

-Rick

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”