Mine came in yesterday and I took it to work. I might post some pics later but here are some initial impressions.
1. Its awesome
2. I love the agressive texture. This is the grippiest knife I have ever handled. I dont love how many more shorts I will probably have to buy.
3. The action is amazing. The backlock is perfect. I think Golden makes the best backlocks on the planet and this is no exception.
4. There is barely enough unsharpened section to pull off the one hand backlock drop close. It works, but you cant be careless, at all. But, since the backlock is so good, you could engage and disengage the lock quickly enough to cause it to only close a fraction of the way before it gets close to your finger. You can do this with the native 5, native chief, and manix backlock as well.
5. The ergos are awesome. I was suprised, as I usually dont like the handle to be very "tall" in the pinky area, but this thing is great. Also it makes sense why the handle is shaped that way considering the knifes intended uses.
6. It was suprisingly not at the level of sharpness I have come to expect from Spyderco. Its still paper slicing, but it is not as sharp as just about every other Spyderco factory edge I have. This is ok, lc200n sharpens like a dream so I can easily get it to really sharp if I want.
7. Theres no way a hard grip or hammer grip is going to fully disengage the lock. I hard gripped this thing in about every way I could think of and at worst I could only get a very minor disengagement of the lockbar, not enough to make it close. I just couldnt hard grip it in any way that forced enough of the meat of my hand into the lockbar cutout that caused it to close, even though I was trying to do it on purpose.
I cant promise it wont happen, but it seems as though it wont happen for me.
Ill try a few more times later and see if I can make some weird grip, that I would probably never use, disengage it. But I dont think this should be a worry if you are considering it.
8. Clip is fine.
9. Love the small amount of color.
Thats about it for now.