10 years

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: 10 years

Post by Sharp Guy »

Happy 10 David!!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Congratulations on the milestone. Always appreciated your posts, as well as your calm level-headedness.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
acer

Post by acer »

Congratulations on Your TEN years of spyderco interest and contribution. I think we can safely say spyderco is in your blood now. All the best , looking forward to another ten years , plus . 👍
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Awesome!!!Congratulations!!!
sal

Post by sal »

Congrats David,

Thanx much for being part of the "family".

sal
Holland

Post by Holland »

Congrats sir!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:51 am
Thank you.

To everyone over the years that has helped me along the way, I've learned so much from this forum. There are so many people I'd like to thank but I don't want to leave anyone out so...from the bottom of my heart thank you all for being here and sharing your knowledge and experiences with me. 10 years is a long time, so much of my life has changed in that time, and this forum and it's members have helped me get through some tough times.

Here's to hopefully another 10 years of fun!
David,
Happy Anniversary! What a genuinely thoughtful post - something you do often. We appreciate your presence here and we're thankful for all that you bring to our community (here and elsewhere).

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I enjoy your posts and you were a welcoming presence when I first joined. I appreciate your input and I wish you a very happy anniversary!
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Congrats on 10 years. I can’t believe how fast time goes. It seems like yesterday I made an account on here and was checking out everything in H1 and got hooked.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Thanks for being here 10 years EVIL D :) And I've learned a lot from you as well my friend ;) It does seem like time goes by lightning fast when you are a citizen of SPYDERVILLE :D I hope you are here another 10 years and I hope I can hang on to my Spyderville citizenship as well.

Well what the heck?? The Deacon must be up for a GOLD WATCH as long as he's been here :D There just isn't a better place to talk knives on the entire internet other than SPYDERVILLE.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Good man!
Here's looking forward to the next 10 :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Congratulations on your decade milestone!
Any Spydies in mind as a celebratory gift? :p
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DutchBlades wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:49 pm
Congratulations on your decade milestone!
Any Spydies in mind as a celebratory gift? :p

I've got my eye on the Rock Jumper but it's not ready yet. Otherwise not so much. I may actually buy a third Caribbean depending on how the CQI stuff turns out, if they do make the detent tighter I might have to get another sheepsfoot.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ankerson wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:11 am
Time does go by fast as it seems. :D

Coming up on my 10 year here next month.... And 18 years on BF... :eek:

Yep, I remember one of my earliest posts was busting your arse over beating the ever loving heck out of a Manix 2 :D

I did come to regret how I reacted to that video and I've realize that testing like that is important, it's good to know what the failing point of a tool is. I would enjoy seeing more videos like that today (I'm sorta doing the same with my Caribbeans right now).
~David
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've already commented here, but its really nice to see so many people recognizing and complimenting/appreciating a great member of our community today :cool:
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:08 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:11 am
Time does go by fast as it seems. :D

Coming up on my 10 year here next month.... And 18 years on BF... :eek:

Yep, I remember one of my earliest posts was busting your arse over beating the ever loving heck out of a Manix 2 :D

I did come to regret how I reacted to that video and I've realize that testing like that is important, it's good to know what the failing point of a tool is. I would enjoy seeing more videos like that today (I'm sorta doing the same with my Caribbeans right now).

I leave that testing up to you guys a long time ago as I stopped doing it. :)

Time for the next generation to take over I think.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:10 pm
I've already commented here, but its really nice to see so many people recognizing and complimenting/appreciating a great member of our community today :cool:

Honestly I really don't know how to react, I'm not real big on receiving praise and attention, that wasn't really my goal here and now I feel like saying "hey thanks!" to each post that gets made here lol.

I don't really pay a lot of attention to post count either, I had passed 20k before I realized it. There are guys here who know WAY more than me that have way less posts, and I've been on forums where members like to think post count is a reason they can throw their weight around as if they're more important than others. The reality is most of my posts are casual chit chat anyway so I think quality of post is more important than post count.

I'm just a believer in the forum concept, having a place to share ideas is a valuable thing when you manage to find a community of people who know how to act right and not be jackasses. The fact that I've stuck around for 10 years speaks volumes about how civil this forum is. I've always been into knives but I never put a lot of thought into things like steel type until I joined this forum, before then it was just stainless vs carbon. I still get a little cross eyed reading some of the posts from members here who know so much about metallurgy, a lot of that stuff still goes right over my head.

I think it's important to surround yourself with people who challenge your own skills and knowledge and push you to better yourself and I definitely get that here.
~David
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

wrdwrght wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:25 am
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This place is better because you’re here.
I second that! Thanks for being awesome D!

Hamilton
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

D - I've only been on the forum for a year or two, and I read a lot more than I post.. but your's are among the few whose opinions I take more seriously than the rest.. thank you for all of your contributions. Here's to ten more years! :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

And thank you David. I always perk up when I see you post. You are a source of level headed insight and experience that I have come to value.