I finally got my SPY-DK

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

I finally got my SPY-DK

Post by Doc Dan »

I finally got my SPY-DK. It tooK over Two months for USPS to get it to me.

It is a cool little knife, being longer in blade than the Urban but shorter than the UKPK. I really like that acutely sharp point.

Centering was perfect and it came very sharp. There is zero blade play.

This is a NEw York safe knife. There is no way this knife can be shaken, flicked, or in any way opened apart from using two hands. It is that tight.

It looks a bit odd as the handle is larger than the slim blade would seem to warrant. However, it is very comfortable in hand. Speaking of the blade, I love the design and would like to see it with thinner stock (it is thicker than a Delica) used again. I would like to see the action improved. I do not know what the issue is with Maniago. The action and spring on my Squeak was too weak for comfort. On the Uban and this knife they are too hard. The Pingo and Roadies I have are perfect, better than most traditionals that I own.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050