She is here....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Red

Re: She is here....

Post by Red »

FullScaler wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:16 pm
I recently got a Manix 2 LW and have really been liking it too. I don't know why I held out on this one for so long but now that I have it I already want another one!
I know it, been on a binge lately. It seems like the nicer Spyderco’s I buy, the more I want. Its fun, but its nutz!
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:28 am
ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:13 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:37 pm
Nice choice! The Manix has been getting a lot of love around here the past year or so. Glad to see so many people giving this great design a chance! (My personal favorite, and I've tried A LOT of Spyderco's)
because it’s one of the few that hasn’t been priced out of being a good value.
i agree that there are few left that are good value and not just a good knife.
Probably why I've been snatching up every G10 version that drops lately haha! Granted I've been a Manix fan for a few years now, but yes...the great value compared to other models makes it a no brainer!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Red

Post by Red »

I am a big G-10 fan. Perfect combo of good grip that doesn't eat up your shorts.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Red wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:27 am
I am a big G-10 fan. Perfect combo of good grip that doesn't eat up your shorts.

G10 is fine, but if "good grip that does not eat up your shorts" is your concern, FRN/FRCP is even better in my experience. Especially cause on Spydercos the clip always lands on the smooth Spyderco logo on the grip.

G10 is more of a pocket shredder compared to FRN/FRCP, at least that´s what In found over the years.

Regardless, I´d strongly recommend trying a Manix LW (FRCP handle) anyway... It feels amazingly strong and solid for the low weight, and even more comfortable in hand due to the smooth, closed back and a bit less aggressive chimping.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:29 pm
Red wrote:

G10 is fine, but if "good grip that does not eat up your shorts" is your concern, FRN/FRCP is even better in my experience. Especially cause on Spydercos the clip always lands on the smooth Spyderco logo on the grip.

G10 is more of a pocket shredder compared to FRN/FRCP, at least that´s what In found over the years.

Regardless, I´d strongly recommend trying a Manix LW (FRCP handle) anyway... It feels amazingly strong and solid for the low weight, and even more comfortable in hand due to the smooth, closed back and a bit less aggressive chimping.
It's not the scales that shred the pocket, most of the time it's the pocket clip and the tightness/retention of the clip. I pull my knife out of my pocket a good 15 times a day, minimum I'd guess...when I do the same when carrying a Dragonfly with FRN and an extremely tight wire clip, it wears on my pocket far worse than any G10 model with a standard spoon clip or Lynch/MXG deep carry clip that I've had. (Carried my Dragonfly all week and it did some damage as a primary carry)

The Manix LW can't compare to the G10 version in terms of feeling strong and solid. Stop with that. Night and day difference between those models. You've never even had a G10 version, so there you go yet again rambling about comparisons that you can't even make because you've never tried a G10 Manix. I've called you out on this before. Stop making comparisons when you can't actually compare knives you've never owned.

Your one of those people that will have 10,000 posts in 4 years and new members will think everything you say is facts and truths, yet half the time your saying the same things over and over again about "imo, cutting edge, SE, backlocks, no choil, compression lock and Para 3 sucks" nobody cares about your preferences. Better yet, put them in your signature so you stop flooding the forum with the same stuff in 500 threads. Christ

-Rick
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:50 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:29 pm
Red wrote:

It's not the scales that shred the pocket, most of the time it's the pocket clip and the tightness/retention of the clip. I pull my knife out of my pocket a good 15 times a day, minimum I'd guess...when I do the same when carrying a Dragonfly with FRN and an extremely tight wire clip, it wears on my pocket far worse than any G10 model with a standard spoon clip or Lynch/MXG deep carry clip that I've had. (Carried my Dragonfly all week and it did some damage as a primary carry)

The Manix LW can't compare to the G10 version in terms of feeling strong and solid. Stop with that. Night and day difference between those models. You've never even had a G10 version, so there you go yet again rambling about comparisons that you can't even make because you've never tried a G10 Manix. I've called you out on this before. Stop making comparisons when you can't actually compare knives you've never owned.

Your one of those people that will have 10,000 posts in 4 years and new members will think everything you say is facts and truths, yet half the time your saying the same things over and over again about "imo, cutting edge, SE, backlocks, no choil, compression lock and Para 3 sucks" nobody cares about your preferences. Better yet, put them in your signature so you stop flooding the forum with the same stuff in 500 threads. Christ

Rick, I´ve said it before: You seem to be a nice and very knowledgeable guy, I like most of your posts and learned one or two things from you.
But I really don´t know why you feel like embarrasing and disqualifying yourself from time to time when it comes to my person and the way we all normally communicate here on this forum. It is weird, and it is sad.

First on your points:

- I did NOT COMPARE the Manix LW to the Manix G10 concerning weight strength and solidness.
I just stated that for me the LW ITSELF feels amazingly strong FOR IT`S weight, as you and everyone else can clearly read in my post you yourself quoted above.
I´d politely ask you to really read my posts before attacking me, ok?

- I also literally shared my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE over many years, that in my use FRN/FRCP folders tend to be less of a pocket shredder than G10. Your mileage may vary, but is not more or less worth than mine.
And this forum is about sharing and discussing opinions.

- The rest is ridicoulous anyway, and frankly comes close to you spreading lies in some cases. For example I am one of those who never, ever said something "sucks", but clearly, when it comes to your examples of comp. lock, Para 3 and so on, that I even LIKE those, but prefer other options. Same goes with choils: Clearly stated that I totaly like those on many knives, but sometimes wished for options without one. I also always explained my reasons and made clear that this is only my personal opinion of course. Like we all do here.

Rick, once more: Please stop your divisive, baseless, unobjective and hatefull attacks.
I don´t know with what kind of frustration you have to cope, but this forum and my person is not the place for it.
And it is not YOUR forum. YOU are not the scale here, it is not about how much YOU might read, not about when YOU joined here. Of course we, who are members for some time and post and read a lot, will always read repetitions and that people state opinions multiple times. You do so too. But there are many who just occasionally read random posts or who have joined quite recently, you know?

So: This forum is NOT about you alone and NOT about attacking people baselessly, just cause you feel like it.
Again, with all due respect: Stop it. You are just embarrasing yourself in a rather childish way.

Just to give you some real perspective: I actually did get several pms in which people stated that they really like and appreciate my posts and also the way I communicate (so there is this side too. Again, this place is not about YOU (alone)). And also some asking whats going on with you, and how you come to such silly accusations.

I hope we can put that to rest now and you start acting like a grown up man and not an angry child towards me.
I have nothing against you generally, but you are the only one here I am aware of who tends to act in such a divisive and rude way. And that without ever being attacked yourself.
Stop it.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've had multiple PM's that have praised me for speaking my mind on these matters, regarding your posts over the past 6 months or so. I'm clearly not the only one that feels this way, I'm just the one that gets tired of it will voice my opinion. No offense to the others... it's just tiring man. You're on a repetitive loop, like a robot.

-Rick
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 pm
I've had multiple PM's that have praised me for speaking my mind on these matters, regarding your posts over the past 6 months or so. I'm clearly not the only one that feels this way, I'm just the one that gets tired of it will voice my opinion. No offense to the others... it's just tiring man. You're on a repetitive loop, like a robot.
Whatever, Rick.

It is totally foreseeable that if someone chooses to see this forum as a platform for divisiveness rather than constructive discussion, some people will always choose sides (as they did the other way round either, respactable, long term members pm-ing me and stating that they would not get what´s going on with you and really appreciate my contributions).

YOU are the guy who started this silly process, and you are the only one I ever witnessed doing so here.
YOU choose to state what "we" on the forum like and want and have to be, as opposed to "me" as a single person. But "WE" is not "YOU". and "WE" is not "SOME" members here.

But if you really like to be the kind of guy who wants to make this about "we" against "me" or "them" (normally the weak and insecure type in a group), so be it.
It´s just sad to see, man. You could ignore my posts if you don´t like them, would be so easy to do (and I ask you again with all due respect: Just do so in the future!)
No one ever did badmouth you or put you in a bad light, so I don´t know where your childish frustration comes from.
Hope (and actually are convinced) you are a wiser and more mature person in your private life.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

So, how about those Mets?😊
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Red wrote:

Hi Red,

first: Sorry that your thread got derailled by silly rants and accusations and then me feeling the need to defend myself (perhaps understandable, but actually not worth it)

My points really got buried in that I-don´t-know-what, so let me repeat one of them, cause I mean it:

- On the "G10 vs FRN/FRCP pocket-shredding thing": As said, in my experience (and I have a lot both with G10 and FRN), the latter is even better in that regard (so FRN/FRCP even less of a pocket shredder).
As elaborated in my previous post already: This might not necessarely be due to the FRN/FRCP itself, but more to the fact, that on Spydercos FRN knives the clip always lands on the very smooth Spyderco-logo on the handle.
What in my experience shreds a pocket most, is that when the knife is in the pocket, at the point where the clip lands on the handle the garment is pressed between clip and handle. Now if you draw the knife out of the pocket, that pressure point "glides up" in the pocket, and the rougher G10 (pressed against the garment due to the counterpressure of the clip) tends to shred the pocket more than the very smooth Spyderco-logo-spot on the FRN handles on its way out of the pocket
For me an advantage of FRN/FRCP handles: I put my folders a lot in and out of the pocket in the course of a day, and especially thinner climbing pants pockets last longer with FRN handles than with G10.
Red

Post by Red »

No worries 👍
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I love my g10 rex 45 manix 2....truly one of the favs in my collection. I wish they made a full serrated blade version...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:53 am
I love my g10 rex 45 manix 2....truly one of the favs in my collection. I wish they made a full serrated blade version...

+1!! I'd buy that in a heartbeat!!