Should I get the Manix 2 LW and the UKPK or something else?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ugaarguy

Re: Should I get the Manix 2 LW and the UKPK or something else?

Post by ugaarguy »

VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:53 am
ugaarguy wrote: ... So far it's also the only Golden made Salt.
Siren
Autonomy
Autonomy 2
Waterway
Swick 5 and Swick 6 (Im assuming on these two)
I keep forgetting about that Siren is out now. The N5 Salt was the only Golden made Salt folder. I don't count the Autonomy because they're so heavily restricted.
PoisonedPizza

Post by PoisonedPizza »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:55 pm
Pizza, you absolutely should get a Manix 2 LW imho.. it is an amazing design, and the CTS BD1N steel of the base model really keeps surprising me in a positive way.

But then: You should absolutely also try a serrated Spydie (and the Manix LW only comes in PE unfortunately...), especially since you have a sharpmaker already: Affordable options are the Tenacious LW in SE, or the Endela SE, maybe Salt 2 SE if you want something smaller.
I've been eyeballing the tenacious, the endela is sized between the endura and delica, right?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the knife is cooler than the pen.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

ugaarguy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:41 am
VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:53 am
ugaarguy wrote: ... So far it's also the only Golden made Salt.
Siren
Autonomy
Autonomy 2
Waterway
Swick 5 and Swick 6 (Im assuming on these two)
I keep forgetting about that Siren is out now. The N5 Salt was the only Golden made Salt folder. I don't count the Autonomy because they're so heavily restricted.
The Autonomy is an awesome knife, if you live in a jurisdiction that allows it.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

PoisonedPizza wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:01 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Pizza, you absolutely should get a Manix 2 LW imho.. it is an amazing design, and the CTS BD1N steel of the base model really keeps surprising me in a positive way.

But then: You should absolutely also try a serrated Spydie (and the Manix LW only comes in PE unfortunately...), especially since you have a sharpmaker already: Affordable options are the Tenacious LW in SE, or the Endela SE, maybe Salt 2 SE if you want something smaller.
I've been eyeballing the tenacious, the endela is sized between the endura and delica, right?
Yes, the Endela is right between. It is a good choice for people who like the Paramilitary blade length but not the lock.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
PoisonedPizza

Post by PoisonedPizza »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:42 pm
PoisonedPizza wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

Yes, the Endela is right between. It is a good choice for people who like the Paramilitary blade length but not the lock.
I like the length and love the compression lock, but backlocks are classic! Can you get the endela SE with the emerson wave?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the knife is cooler than the pen.
acer

Post by acer »

Every Spyderco enthusiast needs at least one Paramilitary 2 / one manix2 be it lightweight version or otherwise and a stretch 2 . And so the snowball keeps rolling and gets bigger and bigger, enjoy the spyderco’s.😁
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

PoisonedPizza wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:37 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:42 pm
PoisonedPizza wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

I like the length and love the compression lock, but backlocks are classic! Can you get the endela SE with the emerson wave?
Serrations yes. Full Flat ground too. Wave no, thank goodness.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050