First time you saw a Sypderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GiftedMisfit

Re: First time you saw a Sypderco?

Post by GiftedMisfit »

My dad always carried a Delica, and swore by it. Naturally I grew to love the look first, even though not a 'normal' looking knife, I guess from what other people said that seen it. I liked it even more because others didnt. Nobody could deny its performance though.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

I'm not sure when I saw my first Spyderco, but it was probably '93 or '94 when I bought a PE Delica, an SE Delica, and a Sharp Maker, (in the Cordura pouch.) I still have them and the collection has grown to probably 40+, not counting the ones I've gifted.
Holland

Post by Holland »

I was just googling knives randomly for a knife to buy form my construction job at the time. Ended up with a Kershaw blur, but saw the paramilitary 2 and fell in love with it.

A couple years after that I owned 2 of every sprint at the time (s90v, CTS-20cp, CTS-204p, m390, s35vn, xhp)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I can vaguely remember and I think it was about 1992-93. At that time I was starting to subscribe to BLADE magazine after going to my first knife show here in KC. I distinctly remember the half page ads that showed 3 of Spyderco's fully serrated folders. I might even still have those early issues of BLADE stored away in my storage unit. It was in the Spring of 1995 I went to a local gun show and bought my first Spyder which was a stainless handled MARINER model in full SE with a GIN-1 blade. I got more intensely crazed as time went by :cool: Now look at me :eek:

I do remember their early ads in knife magazines were eye catching to say the least. In the early going I thought that all they made were SE blades.