My first Para 3 LW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

My first Para 3 LW

Post by ChrisinHove »

I know, I know, it’s been out ages ....

It’s “just” a plain jane BD1N version but it’s really very impressive. I didn’t get on with the blockier g10 version, but this feels much nicer in hand to me. I don’t know whether it the rounded edges, the frn texture or the lighter weight, but it just seems to fit my large hands better.

The icing on the cake, though, is the design engineering in it. It is beautifully “spare” - everything it needs and nothing superfluous, and the action out of the box is just incredible.

Well done, Spyderco!
Wartstein

Re: My first Para 3 LW

Post by Wartstein »

Courious how you´ll like the BD1N.

This steel keeps amazing me on my Manix 2 LW. Holds an edge noticeable longer than it "should" (when looking on comparison charts and the like) or than I would have expected...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I agree that the LW is somehow better in my XL hand, and was very impressed like you by the design and engineering.

REALLY looking forward to a PM2 LW!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I carry the P3 LW more days than note because of the utility to weight ratio. The G-10 model is a bit more comfortable for me, and I like the action better, but the LW just disappears in the pocket (especially wearing shorts in summer).

Very much looking forward to the PM2 LW.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
pdixon

Post by pdixon »

Agree with all of the above - it’s my favourite so far!