SPY27 or LC200N FFG Spyderhawk Sprint?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Notsurewhy

Re: SPY27 or LC200N FFG Spyderhawk Sprint?

Post by Notsurewhy »

I would be in for either but a slight preference for spy27 as don't have that steel yet. My hawkbill dragonfly has really opened my eyes to the utility of SE hawkbills and I would like to try one in a larger size.

For color, I'd prefer a bright color that isn't green. I like green, but I'd mostly use it for yard work and would rather have a color that stands out against grass if dropped. Bright red, purple, blue or orange would do, I'm not too picky.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The more I think about this one I'm leaning more to LC200N than I am with the proposed "SPY27". I already know that LC200N can perform well in PE & SE both.

Now I do still think it would be ideal for the PE unit to have a different handle color than the SE unit. After all that is how the original VG-10 Spyderhawk got it's start. With the original Spyderhawk the plain edge had a blue handle and the Spyderedge got a black handle.

Oh one more item of discussion. I think it's about high time that we got a Hawkbill with a G-10 handle. Oh I could live with another FRN handle but a G-10 handled Spyderhawk would be just great IMO.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:22 pm
I would be in for either but a slight preference for spy27 as don't have that steel yet. My hawkbill dragonfly has really opened my eyes to the utility of SE hawkbills and I would like to try one in a larger size.

For color, I'd prefer a bright color that isn't green. I like green, but I'd mostly use it for yard work and would rather have a color that stands out against grass if dropped. Bright red, purple, blue or orange would do, I'm not too picky.
I like your thinking! I would lean toward bright blue neon but any high viability would do.
JD Spydo wrote: The more I think about this one I'm leaning more to LC200N than I am with the proposed "SPY27". I already know that LC200N can perform well in PE & SE both.

Now I do still think it would be ideal for the PE unit to have a different handle color than the SE unit. After all that is how the original VG-10 Spyderhawk got it's start. With the original Spyderhawk the plain edge had a blue handle and the Spyderedge got a black handle.

Oh one more item of discussion. I think it's about high time that we got a Hawkbill with a G-10 handle. Oh I could live with another FRN handle but a G-10 handled Spyderhawk would be just great IMO.

Oooh I like that JD! Having different colors representing SE or PE would be fantastic to me as well, since I have trouble identifying which Z-cut I grab at home. The direction I keep all the kitchen knives on the wall magnet, hides the SE side and the PE Z-cut's then they look identical . Small problem but making them easy to differentiate would be nice :)
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:36 pm
The more I think about this one I'm leaning more to LC200N than I am with the proposed "SPY27". I already know that LC200N can perform well in PE & SE both.

Let’s makes this sprint special and do G11 (not g10) with DLC SE LC200N!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”