Para3 - CPM-SPY27 now shipping!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Notsurewhy

Re: Para3 - CPM-SPY27 now shipping!

Post by Notsurewhy »

JustinB wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 pm
SubMicron wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:24 pm
I'm unclear if SPY-27 is a sprint or will be available for awhile. I'm in no rush for a P3 LW but need one at some point.

I recently put in a pre-order at KC and am at the back of the line on this one.

Spy-27 is regular production, so they will be around for a bit :)
Yeah they developed this steel with crucible and it's exclusive to Spyderco. That would be enormous effort for just a sprint.

I'm interested to try it out, vg10 is a good steel and I want to see what the additions and the PM process does to improve it. I'm not a big fan of the para 3 or the lw manix, so I'll be waiting on the native or the mule team to try this out. Can't wait to see reactions from the early adopters.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

In stock at GP Knives
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

Interesting to see purchase limits on these at a couple places, wonder how many were run to start and if it means it will be a while before they're back around.
Trinity300

Post by Trinity300 »

Interesting. Since it seems to have some updates to VG-10 characteristics, I wonder how it compares to CTS-BD1.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Not sure about the Para3. For someone with smaller hands this feels tighter than expected with my pinky sitting on the back “hook.” Not uncomfortable but acclimation is tbd.
DAB05FD4-9E90-45E1-BAB3-3B42B3947802.jpeg
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

I am north of the border so shipping is always a pain but I have my pre-order in at our local supplier.

Even more important to me though, is when are the SPY-27 Mules going to be released? I've got some really nice Jade that I am going to slab up for a set of scales and I am itching to get this one made up.
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Looks like my KC pre-order is shipping soon.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Burton Knut wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:39 pm
Not sure about the Para3. For someone with smaller hands this feels tighter than expected with my pinky sitting on the back “hook.” Not uncomfortable but acclimation is tbd.

DAB05FD4-9E90-45E1-BAB3-3B42B3947802.jpeg
I wear medium-large gloves. So my hands are definitely on the smaller side for a guy. I can feel that "hook" on the back of the handle but have no issues with it.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JMM

Post by JMM »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:03 am
Looks like my KC pre-order is shipping soon.

My KnifeCenter pre-order shipped today... Wooohoo!
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I’m looking forward to the M2 lightweight in this steel.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

It's reeealy hard to wait on my KC pre-order on this one! I'm getting jumpy, still no notice from them.
- Julia

spyderg

Post by spyderg »

I ordered one from KSF, it’s in the mail and now I wait. I also ordered a lynch wire replacement clip from DLT. I’m hoping the clip is fine, but I find wire clips most often dig in like crazy and they move around driving me nuts. Looks like it’s rounded in the pics, if so that will likely be a huge improvement.
I know these are going to be reg production but I want a good summer carry. It’s often pretty humid here and I sweat a lot. My Cruwear PM2 is great but I’m finding myself cleaning off surface rust more often than I’d like. I’ve been considering a Para3lw for a while now and a new steel to try in a great colour made this an easy purchase.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
Sneaky Pete

Post by Sneaky Pete »

Anyone heard from BHQ pre-orders yet? I'm still waiting for info on my pre order.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sneaky Pete,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

Sneaky Pete wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:14 pm
Anyone heard from BHQ pre-orders yet? I'm still waiting for info on my pre order.
Mine has shipped. Looking forward to getting this one. I'm not a big fan of the G-10 version but the LW version is like a completely different knife. Can't wait to check out SPY27.
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

spyderg wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:44 pm
I ordered one from KSF, it’s in the mail and now I wait. I also ordered a lynch wire replacement clip from DLT. I’m hoping the clip is fine, but I find wire clips most often dig in like crazy and they move around driving me nuts. Looks like it’s rounded in the pics, if so that will likely be a huge improvement.
I know these are going to be reg production but I want a good summer carry. It’s often pretty humid here and I sweat a lot. My Cruwear PM2 is great but I’m finding myself cleaning off surface rust more often than I’d like. I’ve been considering a Para3lw for a while now and a new steel to try in a great colour made this an easy purchase.
I got mine, the wire clip is a very deep clip, so it doesn't hold as tight, but I do love that they finally got a deep clip that barely shows.
"stay puft."
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

My preorder from knifecenter is shipping today, very excited. Can't wait to get this steel on the stones. I have a feeling it's going to sharpen really well. Slightly lower carbide volume than s35vn, with added cobalt and nitrogen? Lots of potential.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Baron Mind wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:06 pm
My preorder from knifecenter is shipping today, very excited. Can't wait to get this steel on the stones. I have a feeling it's going to sharpen really well. Slightly lower carbide volume than s35vn, with added cobalt and nitrogen? Lots of potential.
Those of you that pre-ordered from KC, did you have anything else on your order? My order status says "in stock", but it's not shipping. But I also had the sun and moon chap on the order. Just wondering if KC will ship separately or if they hold stuff until the entire order is in stock.
- Julia