Para3 - CPM-SPY27 now shipping!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JMM

Para3 - CPM-SPY27 now shipping!

Post by JMM »

As I'm sure many others have just received the news as I did via the app, good news for everyone waiting eagerly to get their hands on some Spy27.... I've had one on pre-order @ KC from the first day possible, I'm excited!

:) :D
Sharp Guy

Re: Para3 - CPM-SPY27 now shipping!

Post by Sharp Guy »

Yep just saw that
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Hopefully that means my Manix 2 LW isn't far behind. Let us know what you think of the new steel. :)
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I think I'm going to wait for the Mule.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

One of these will probably end up being my first Para 3 ever. Hope the Manix LW is coming along soon too.

Really looking forward to trying this steel out
Justin :spyder:
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I'm excited! I've had a KC pre-order since these were announced, too. Definitely awesome to see the spy27 rolling out, and I'm pretty curious to see the color for this line in person.

I've got the rex45 version in my pocket today. It's really excellent to carry in lightweight clothes, but the heat and humidity are ramping up here. Great time to bring on a new stainless version!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:46 pm
I'm excited! I've had a KC pre-order since these were announced, too. Definitely awesome to see the spy27 rolling out, and I'm pretty curious to see the color for this line in person.
I pre-ordered the P3 & M2LW as soon as I saw that KC put them up. I'm actually more excited about the M2LW but looking forward to the P3 too. I carry LW models at work often. So these will be welcome additions to the work rotation
gbcaffee

Post by gbcaffee »

I, too, put in an order for the Para 3 LW the day it was announced. I didn't have the Rex 45 LW at the time, but with "shorts weather" now upon us here in Minnesota, the Rex 45 is in my pocket at least 2 out of every 3 days. I have to say I think it's my most used Spyderco so far. I'm new to the game, but I can't stop picking up this knife. I'm looking forward to this one to arrive!
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

what kind of steel is this? where does it rank?
"stay puft."
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

marshmallow wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 pm
You can read all about here...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85769&p=1392001&hil ... 7#p1392001

and here....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86076&p=1402923&hil ... 7#p1402923
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

marshmallow wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 pm

Sharp guy already posted the most usefull links for you on SPY27, below is a quote of Sal explaining the background of it - cool thing that it is an exclusive Spyderco steel! :)

"By way of explanation; We wanted a USA made version of a Japanese steel that we use quite a bit of in Japan. ( VG-10 ). There was no American equivalent. But we wanted to powder it and tweak it for greater performance. We began working with Crucible some time ago to develop the steel. Because of the time and effort in the development of this particular blade steel, we asked that it be exclusive to Spyderco. We've been working closely with Crucible for 25 years, they agreed."
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sneaky Pete

Post by Sneaky Pete »

Anyone else seen your para 3 ship yet? Still waiting to here about my preorder
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Has anyone got theirs yet? Have they actually shipped? I’ve been checking dealers but no one seems to have any stock yet. I doubt KC got all of the first shipment...I gave up on them after a couple failed preorders. (I’ve heard good thing about ordering from them when they actually have stock, but preorders seem to be an ongoing issue).
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
SubMicron

Post by SubMicron »

I'm unclear if SPY-27 is a sprint or will be available for awhile. I'm in no rush for a P3 LW but need one at some point.

I recently put in a pre-order at KC and am at the back of the line on this one.
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

SubMicron wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:24 pm
I'm unclear if SPY-27 is a sprint or will be available for awhile. I'm in no rush for a P3 LW but need one at some point.

I recently put in a pre-order at KC and am at the back of the line on this one.

Spy-27 is regular production, so they will be around for a bit :)
Justin :spyder:
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I’ve secured a pair from the mothership, and I’ve got a tracking number!!

These will be my first Para3’s so I’m excited to try them. I love the Para2, but the fine tip worried me for rougher use, I’m hoping these maybe a nice compromise. If not there’s always the trusty Manix still to come. Normally my second would be a backup but in this case one is for my wife to join her pink Native.
Ric

Post by Ric »

Expected date for Europe: mid of August :(
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

spyderg wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:40 am
Has anyone got theirs yet? Have they actually shipped? I’ve been checking dealers but no one seems to have any stock yet. I doubt KC got all of the first shipment...I gave up on them after a couple failed preorders. (I’ve heard good thing about ordering from them when they actually have stock, but preorders seem to be an ongoing issue).
Spyderco just announced they began shipping to dealers two days ago. So I would be looking for them to start showing up at dealers in the next few days

FWIW, I've done many pre-orders with KC. I've always received my order. The key is to get on line early, especially with high-demand models. If I can't get in early I usually don't bother with the pre-order. Or I might still place the pre-order but I'll cancel it as soon as I find it somewhere else
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:12 pm
spyderg wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:40 am
Spyderco just announced they began shipping to dealers two days ago. So I would be looking for them to start showing up at dealers in the next few days

FWIW, I've done many pre-orders with KC. I've always received my order. The key is to get on line early, especially with high-demand models. If I can't get in early I usually don't bother with the pre-order. Or I might still place the pre-order but I'll cancel it as soon as I find it somewhere else

Thnx, I’ll keep checking. I tried a couple preorders with them. The first time I was probably far down the list but didn’t get an email till a year after the knife was released, I had given up and forgotten about it. The second time I’m pretty certain I was early but still was able to acquire from a dealer long before they contacted me. I expected as much but figured I’d get on the list and cancel if I got it elsewhere sooner. Plus if I recall their shipping to a Canada, (at the time anyway) was rediculous.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

"stay puft."