Shaman Rex Sprint Alert Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
marshmallow

Shaman Rex Sprint Alert Thread

Post by marshmallow »

I just want to make sure I don’t miss this one too lol. I’ve missed every single Sprint run in existence. Notifications on vendors and checking daily on sites, no luck. Just want to make sure I can at least try for this one. It seems like everyone who owns a Shaman ends up saying it’s the best hand-fit and bite. :p
"stay puft."
SteveMidwest

Re: Shaman Rex Sprint Alert Thread

Post by SteveMidwest »

It's just crazy, marshmallow. You will love it! :spyder:

For me, it's rare. To love a knife, a little more each day. The Shaman, is just such a knife. :)
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Thought the days of preorders were over.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

VooDooChild wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:07 pm
Thought the days of preorders were over.
Supposedly they shipped at the end of last week. I'm hoping "preorder" means he has them in hand. Or at least knows how many are coming now. Maybe?
•• Beau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Last time there was a knifejoker Shaman, it turned into a fiasco and the guy was burnt at the stake!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:48 pm
Last time there was a knifejoker Shaman, it turned into a fiasco and the guy was burnt at the stake!
Undeservedly. He's a really good guy.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:49 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:48 pm
Undeservedly. He's a really good guy.
My understanding is he runs a pretty small business? I never tried for it, but couldn't believe the backlash he received over a freaking knife.

-Rick
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

Does anyone know if Spyderco announces Sprint runs? Or is it just a pop up, up for grabs.
"stay puft."
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

They just pop up. Usually different retailers have them at different times, so when they start showing up in one place, start checking everywhere to find the next one to show up. There are at least two authorized retailers on eBay as well.

After the CruCarta Shaman business, I wonder if you'll see major retailers trying to regulate these (like the lottery system that someone (DLT?) used for that one).
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

shaman rex spring just sold out in Spyderco
"stay puft."
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

The Shaman Cruwear is the toughest Sprint I ever tried to get. Never got one. :(
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

These people with bots....
"stay puft."
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

marshmallow wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:42 am
I just want to make sure I don’t miss this one too lol. I’ve missed every single Sprint run in existence. Notifications on vendors and checking daily on sites, no luck. Just want to make sure I can at least try for this one. It seems like everyone who owns a Shaman ends up saying it’s the best hand-fit and bite. :p
The Shaman is a knife I only could handle twice, but that was enough to convince myself: I have to own one eventually, despite I am not really a comp.lock guy, despite I like thinner blade stock, despite I prefer less weight and despite I want a bit more cutting edge. Does not matter at all when it comes to the Shaman, it just feels so great in hand, hard to put down again once you hold it. Just a perfect design.

I am a lucky guy in that I really like S30V and also the looks of the "standard" Shaman in that steel (stonewashed / tumbled blade...), so I don´t have to go through the "sprint run madness" (though REX 45 must be a great steel, since it is basically HAP 40 (which is my favorite so far), just run a bit harder maybe..)

So I am in no hurry (and the Shaman is a bit pricey for me at the moment (converted 260 USD in Europe))

Anyway, should you miss out on the REX 45 sprint, imho the S30V Shaman is not a bad option at all... :rolleyes:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

Thanks Wartstein, just ordered the S30V. You made a lot of sense, appreciate it :)
"stay puft."
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

marshmallow wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:34 pm
Thanks Wartstein, just ordered the S30V. You made a lot of sense, appreciate it :)

:eek: That was fast, my friend! :p

Don´t get me wrong, you certainly won´t regret having ordered the S30V Shaman at all (and that´s what I would have done too), it will even be more rust resistant than the REX 45 (and I personally prefer the stonewash on the S30V).

But that being said: If you don´t mind to go through the stress of the sprint run game and really like the Sprint, you certainly could try to get the REX sprint and should you miss out, the S30V Shaman will be available anyway..

But then: I think you´ll like the "standard" Shaman so much, that you will try to get the REX as a second option anyway.. :p :p
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:12 pm
I am a lucky guy in that I really like S30V and also the looks of the "standard" Shaman in that steel (stonewashed / tumbled blade...), so I don´t have to go through the "sprint run madness" ....
I recently got a friend interested in knives and now he's been bitten by the Spydie bug. He's continuously asking all basic questions we see here regarding various models, steels, scale materials, etc. Last weekend he announced he's interested in buying a Shaman. So now he's looking at options. He's aware of the REX 45 and Z-Wear sprints as well as the regular production S30V models. After trying to explain the differences in steels and handle material types I finally told him earlier to just get the S30V model and be done with it. For most people's needs (including mine) it really is a great choice
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
attila

Post by attila »

The Shamans have started shipping from the factory to dealers!!! I just placed my order with the SFO. Unfortunately, there are no more left there, but they should receive some more from the factory in the near future.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I want to NOT want this knife...but I totally want it. I've already got the PM2 and Manix in Rex45, the Shaman in 4V and Cruwear...I really don't need this knife. But, I know as soon as I see someone post it available somewhere...I'm going to race to the site as quickly as possible. I feel like with this knife, I likely have no will power :o

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.