Shaman Rex Sprint Alert Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Signalman1

Re: Shaman Rex Sprint Alert Thread

Post by Signalman1 »

any new sighting of the Shaman Rex 45 ? I want one.

and JMM sir sorry for my post earlier...I am new here.

Signalman1 :mad: :) :D
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

--Jeremy
JMM

Post by JMM »

They were in stock at DLT, got it in the cart... no joy
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

My cart evaporated.
"stay puft."
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I had a hot second to order one, but passed on it. Whoever got one, you are welcome! :D I am still waiting on the Z-Wear version and I *do not* need to catch them all.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

JMM wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:50 am
They were in stock at DLT, got it in the cart... no joy

That happened to a friend of mine today, as well.

I just happened to be in my email box today (Monday), when the DLT In-Stock alert popped in (Jun 15, 2020, 11:46 AM Central). Within a few seconds, I sent that info via Text message, to a friend of mine (I had already gotten my Shaman a week earlier). I even immediately copied and pasted the link from my email, to him on his phone. So he would only be a quick tap away, from the correct DLT listing page.

Later he told me, that he just happened to be using his phone to check a message that had come in, when my message came in. So his phone was in his hand, with the screen on, and he was already in his messages. When my Text arrived. It couldn't be any more perfect.

He went right to DLT, via my link, and placed the still in Stock Shaman in his cart, but was then quickly blocked while going through check-out. Because they went out of Stock, just that quick.

A good example of a 'perfect storm'. Of being in the right place(s), at the right time. Moving quickly, and still having no luck. It was about 60-90 seconds, from the time I saw that email come in, live, to the time he was shown "Out of Stock" during check-out. :rolleyes:

So then of course, I had to take a quick picture of my Shaman, and send it to him. You know. To make him feel better. I'm a good friend! :D

SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:35 pm
SSD_777 wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:07 am
Haunted House wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:52 am
I’m over this sprint run stuff.

I signed up at every knife website that has alerts, downloaded the Spyderco app & set up notifications, did everything I could to be notified about this release. I got nothing, zero notifications(yes I check my junk/spam folder).

Earlier this week, it went from not being released yet to being sold out everywhere and knives already on ebay being sold at $300-400, within like 4 days.
This **** doesn’t even make sense.

This limited edition/sprint run stuff seems to only serve flippers and resellers now.
When it comes to sprints, chances are VERY UNLIKELY you'll receive a notification in time to be able to actually grab one. Best bet is to stay on top of the alert threads here.
I think it's ridiculous that a person has to basically live on the forums to score a sprint run knife these days. Some people have jobs and responsibilities that make checking the forum every 5 minutes nearly impossible.
Did you set up email notifications for this particular thread? Also part of it is just little things. Most shops still realease within business hours on work days, in their time zones etc. It is unrealistic to live on line, but the other side of that is we now live in a world where everybody has a computer in their pocket. If you have 90 seconds, you can google a sprint run on your phone multiple times a day.

Maybe Spyderco should just say, here is a sprint we are thinking about making. There will be a one or two week window where people who want one can sign up with credit card info, ready to be charged once the knife ships however long from then. Then they make however many depeding on demand, or if there is not enough interest they dont make it. This would give everyone who wants it an opporunity to get one. Would eliminate fomo, and would make resale much harder for the flippers.
I didn't sign up for notifications on this particular thread. It seems like it doesn't matter if it's an in-stock notification from a dealer, or a thread notification, I don't always have the ability to check frequently enough to snag one within the 3 minutes they're available. The drops are too sporadic for me to keep up with.

Maybe Spyderco will consider having dealers hold their allotment until a specified date, so that everybody has an equal opportunity to make the purchase, similar to the way exclusives are handled. If I know when, and where to go, I generally have better luck getting what I want.
SubMicron

Post by SubMicron »

Sooner State is showing the Shaman as In Stock
JMM

Post by JMM »

SubMicron wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:02 am

I was able to swoop one just now (08:35 PST) -- it was 228 shipped which was a ~$20 premium, but at this point I'm cool with that to wrap up my quest... ;) :D :) :o :p
SubMicron

Post by SubMicron »

JMM wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:37 am
SubMicron wrote:

I was able to swoop one just now (08:35 PST) -- it was 228 shipped which was a ~$20 premium, but at this point I'm cool with that to wrap up my quest... ;) :D :) :o :p
It's still available. That little extra markup keeps the flippers off of it, plus it's a website that's not SEO'ed so it doesn't do well in google search results. Websites like this are a great resource.

I don't see the Manix 2 LW in REX-45 on their site, which is too bad. By the way, is someone willing to start an alert threat for it?
JMM

Post by JMM »

SubMicron wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:02 am
JMM wrote:
SubMicron wrote:

It's still available. That little extra markup keeps the flippers off of it, plus it's a website that's not SEO'ed so it doesn't do well in google search results. Websites like this are a great resource.

I don't see the Manix 2 LW in REX-45 on their site, which is too bad. By the way, is someone willing to start an alert threat for it?
AFAIK the Rex45 Manix2 LW hasn't shipped from Spyderco yet, I'd imagine we'll be seeing it as well as the Chief fairly soon... I'll post up an alert thread for the Manix2 LW. BTW, thanks for the heads up, I was getting a bit tired of the hunt & am stoked to have one en route. :p

Cheers,

John
SpydiesInOregon

Post by SpydiesInOregon »

THANK YOU, caught one at 9:35am Pacific. (Mark up to $216.50 plus what appeared to be mandatory 'priority' shipping meant $228 total, crap.) Still available!
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

Deadwood has some available, but the price is really steep.
"stay puft."
JMM

Post by JMM »

JMM wrote:
SubMicron wrote:

FWIW, I just got this message from Sooner State...

"We received your knife order and will ship today by USPS Priority Mail. Thanks..."

At least now I feel better about paying that much for shipping.
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

KnivesPlus Shaman!
"stay puft."
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

marshmallow wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:24 am
KnivesPlus Shaman!
https://www.knivesplus.com/spyderco-sha ... pbore.html
itzBUMP

Post by itzBUMP »

Anyone know if BHQ already dropped their stock? I setup a notification with them, but forgot this dropped in June, and never got a notification. Now I'm scrambling to find one still in stock.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

-Turbo
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

looks like today was a huge spydie drop on many dealers, hope everyone got some goodies!
"stay puft."
griff443

Post by griff443 »