Check out my bitchin' Shaman!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FeistyKat

Check out my bitchin' Shaman!

Post by FeistyKat »

Hi, all-

I installed my Jade G10 scales from Sharp Dressed Knives tonight.
0527202332a.jpg
0527202332.jpg
0527202252b.jpg
0527202252a.jpg
As soon as I saw a photo of Jade scales, I knew I had to have a set. The fitment is perfect and note there is only one set of clip mounting holes, which is fine if you're a righty carrying tip up.

I like them better than the stock scales. I like the look, but they're also not rounded off like the stock scales. And, oddly, they feel warmer in my hand than the stock scales. Not sure why since they're both G10.

One thing I'm thinking about is polishing the blade. How hard would that be to do? I would have to stay away from the engravings/stampings. I don't want to remove Sal's petroglyph!

Also, and you might be able to answer this, Sal: I've noticed a pattern on my blade. Looking towards the tip you can it:
0526200216.jpg
What kind of tool would leave that pattern?

Best,

Chris
Bloke

Re: Check out my bitchin' Shaman!

Post by Bloke »

FeistyKat wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:44 am
What kind of tool would leave that pattern?
Hi Chris, if you’re referring to the pattern on the blade’s primary bevel, it’s called chatter, caused by vibration in the process of machining. Most likely an out of balance grinding wheel I’d reckon. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
FeistyKat

Post by FeistyKat »

Bloke wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:00 am
Hi Chris, if you’re referring to the pattern on the blade’s primary bevel, it’s called chatter, caused by vibration in the process of machining. Most likely an out of balance grinding wheel I’d reckon. :)

Thanks, Bloke. I learned something new!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I've got the bhq jade scales on my s30v shaman and I agree, it's a handsome combination!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!