Shaman Z-Wear news?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
samdasnake

Shaman Z-Wear news?

Post by samdasnake »

Any news on when the Shaman Z-Wear will ship? I've noticed that most dealers aren't allowing preorders of this model. Any news or suggestions on preorders? I've really been wanting to grab a Shaman and this one would be my ideal (that or the S90v). Many thanks!
attila

Re: Shaman Z-Wear news?

Post by attila »

Nobody outside of the Spyderco factory and management team know when any knife will start shipping. Even the Spyderco Factory Outlet store employees don’t know.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
blues

Post by blues »

attila wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:09 pm
Nobody outside of the Spyderco factory and management team know when any knife will start shipping. Even the Spyderco Factory Outlet store employees don’t know.
- Retired from the chase -
attila

Post by attila »

blues wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:21 pm
attila wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for the laugh! It probably wasn’t a good movie, but at the time I enjoyed that ‘94 Alec Baldwin movie. I should watch it again...
Last edited by attila on Sun May 24, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

No idea but this is going to be a very interesting sprint since it was designed to placate the fans who weren't able to procure the Cruwear version.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

There's a lot not out yet, keep an eye on the forum

The rex 45 shaman, lil native, and manix 2 lw are still waiting
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

yeah I was able to get a pre-order in on the S90V lil native thru knifejoker. Hopefully that comes thru. But I really want one of the Sprint shamans this year.
JMM

Post by JMM »

GarageBoy wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:29 pm
There's a lot not out yet, keep an eye on the forum

The rex 45 shaman, lil native, and manix 2 lw are still waiting
And the Native Chief, probably the only thing from #4 that I REALLY want, well, the Lil' Native too, just not quite as badly... Given Larins assertion that chemically CruWear & Z-Wear are identical, and the fact that Spyderco is as good as they are with their heat-treat process, it's going to be very interesting to see the inevitable head-2-head comparisons that will be coming in short order....
Slash

Post by Slash »

I suppose if they could get the materials soon, then will see it soon??
Honestly I think I just wanted the cruversion mostly on the hype of how it went down.
Maybe little less hype for zwear and how it will be released gonna be interesting to see how it sells. Should be a winner
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I gotta get this knife since I struck out on getting the original. Still can't believe how fast that run sold out.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Check out BHQ’s YoutTube video today with Eric Glesser and the Summer Reveal. At the very end of the video Zach asked Eric what he was carrying today. Low and behold it is the coveted Micarta Shaman in Z-Wear!!! So maybe it’s close???

Hamilton
AmpliFyre

Post by AmpliFyre »

waiting on one of these too.
Zee-carta ;)
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

Can't wait for this one!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

attila wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:22 pm
blues wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:21 pm
attila wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for the laugh! It probably wasn’t a good movie, but at the time I enjoyed that ‘94 Alec Baldwin movie. I should watch it again...
Ha Ha !!! Got me too. Used to listen to "The Shadow" episodes on the radio when I was a little kid while heading to the Western slope with Dad on camping/fishing trips. Loved those things; Loved going fishing with Dad too. It was all part of a grand adventure..... :cool:

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

I'm starting to get a little ancy in anticipation!!! If it was released in the latest reveal, shouldn't it have been released before the end of June?? In theory at least?

Hamilton
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

How big will the run be is what I wonder.
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:13 pm
Didn't they say double a normal run? Isn't a normal run 1,200 pieces? So I'm assuming 2,400???

Hamilton
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

hambone56rx wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:21 pm
SLOSpyder wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:13 pm
Didn't they say double a normal run? Isn't a normal run 1,200 pieces? So I'm assuming 2,400???

Hamilton

They should have done this one as a production model. Or maybe they are going to do another combo like OD Green Micarta + Cruwear or Denim Micarta + 3V or something cool like that as a production model.

At one point during the feeding frenzy last year and subsequent complaining, I believe Sal said that they met as a team and decided to greenlight three more Micarta Shaman models. It would be nice if they announced officially the next two models after the Z-wear, and that would hopefully make some people hold off on the Z-wear and wait for one of the other two to get a different steel or color. Otherwise I think the Z-wear is going to be another crazy-fest if there are no future Micarta Shamans on the horizon yet announced.

They also could have just dropped a DLC or even a PVD version of the Cru-Carta rather than running it in a similar steel. I hope they still do this if these are going to keep being sprints rather than production models.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:27 pm
At one point during the feeding frenzy last year and subsequent complaining, I believe Sal said that they met as a team and decided to greenlight three more Micarta Shaman models. It would be nice if they announced officially the next two models after the Z-wear, and that would hopefully make some people hold off on the Z-wear and wait for one of the other two to get a different steel or color. Otherwise I think the Z-wear is going to be another crazy-fest if there are no future Micarta Shamans on the horizon yet announced.
I get what you mean as a ELU but from a business standpoint I think it's smarter to not announce what the other Micarta sprints will be. That way they're all bound to be feeding frenzies
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:55 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:27 pm
I get what you mean as a ELU but from a business standpoint I think it's smarter to not announce what the other Micarta sprints will be. That way they're all bound to be feeding frenzies

I get it...but I don't have to like it. ;)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red