Gift Cards

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
justjohn

Gift Cards

Post by justjohn »

I just noticed that there is a "Gift Card Balance" button under the "Your Account" section. Does anyone know how I would go about getting a Spyderco Gift Card?

P.S.
If the button has been there for quite a while pretend you never read the first sentence please. :confused:
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
TazKristi

Re: Gift Cards

Post by TazKristi »

justjohn wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm
I just noticed that there is a "Gift Card Balance" button under the "Your Account" section. Does anyone know how I would go about getting a Spyderco Gift Card?

P.S.
If the button has been there for quite a while pretend you never read the first sentence please. :confused:
It's a "Coming Soon" item. We ran into a small snag this week when we did a soft launch. We're working to get it resolved and hope to launch it next week. Hang in there for more details soon.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Thanks for the quick reply Kristi! Spyderco Gift Cards are a great idea and I'm sure they will be a big hit.
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/GC01/1896

Now this is cool. I’ve always wanted a Spydie credit card. This is close enough! I can also see these becoming very collectible.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

PStone wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 am

Now this is cool. I’ve always wanted a Spydie credit card. This is close enough! I can also see these becoming very collectible.
I collect Spyderco memorabilia and started a website to share my collection. I was so eager to buy one of these, but they are not a physical card. In the description it says they are "Gift cards ordered online at Spyderco.com are delivered digitally via email"

So I don't think you are getting a Spydie card.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Mini2white wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm
PStone wrote:

I collect Spyderco memorabilia and started a website to share my collection. I was so eager to buy one of these, but they are not a physical card. In the description it says they are "Gift cards ordered online at Spyderco.com are delivered digitally via email"

We can call and make a phone order with the SFO and they can mail us a physical card. I just called to ask. Of course, I feel a bit silly having done that since I can’t even buy one today :o

Edit: Just checked out your memorabilia on your website. Very very cool stuff. Things I have never seen too. The cut kit?? Never heard of that, but I want one now. You even have the Zippo!! I can never get one. Rarely seen, and last time I was outbid on the bay. And that was at least a year or two ago.
*I also changed “I and me” to “us and we” in the above text. :spyder:
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

PStone wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:14 pm
Mini2white wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm
PStone wrote:

We can call and make a phone order with the SFO and they can mail us a physical card. I just called to ask. Of course, I feel a bit silly having done that since I can’t even buy one today :o

Edit: Just checked out your memorabilia on your website. Very very cool stuff. Things I have never seen too. The cut kit?? Never heard of that, but I want one now. You even have the Zippo!! I can never get one. Rarely seen, and last time I was outbid on the bay. And that was at least a year or two ago.
*I also changed “I and me” to “us and we” in the above text. :spyder:
I was gifted an old discount card, which I have added to the website. A physical card is a bonus. Not to get off track for this thread though, a gift card at least allows the recipient to choose their gift.