Gift Cards

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
justjohn
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA, Earth

Gift Cards

Postby justjohn » Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm

I just noticed that there is a "Gift Card Balance" button under the "Your Account" section. Does anyone know how I would go about getting a Spyderco Gift Card?

P.S.
If the button has been there for quite a while pretend you never read the first sentence please. :confused:
- John

:spyder: "Spyderco"....nuff said! :spyder:

User avatar
TazKristi
Member
Posts: 3028
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Golden, CO

Re: Gift Cards

Postby TazKristi » Sat May 23, 2020 3:42 pm

justjohn wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm
I just noticed that there is a "Gift Card Balance" button under the "Your Account" section. Does anyone know how I would go about getting a Spyderco Gift Card?

P.S.
If the button has been there for quite a while pretend you never read the first sentence please. :confused:
It's a "Coming Soon" item. We ran into a small snag this week when we did a soft launch. We're working to get it resolved and hope to launch it next week. Hang in there for more details soon.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.

User avatar
justjohn
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA, Earth

Re: Gift Cards

Postby justjohn » Sat May 23, 2020 5:02 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Kristi! Spyderco Gift Cards are a great idea and I'm sure they will be a big hit.
- John

:spyder: "Spyderco"....nuff said! :spyder:

User avatar
PStone
Member
Posts: 1165
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: USA Illinois

Re: Gift Cards

Postby PStone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 am

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/GC01/1896

Now this is cool. I’ve always wanted a Spydie credit card. This is close enough! I can also see these becoming very collectible.
“In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.”
-Charlie Brown

User avatar
Mini2white
Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:26 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Gift Cards

Postby Mini2white » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm

PStone wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 am
https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/GC01/1896

Now this is cool. I’ve always wanted a Spydie credit card. This is close enough! I can also see these becoming very collectible.
I collect Spyderco memorabilia and started a website to share my collection. I was so eager to buy one of these, but they are not a physical card. In the description it says they are "Gift cards ordered online at Spyderco.com are delivered digitally via email"

So I don't think you are getting a Spydie card.

User avatar
PStone
Member
Posts: 1165
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: USA Illinois

Re: Gift Cards

Postby PStone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Mini2white wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm
PStone wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 am
https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/GC01/1896

Now this is cool. I’ve always wanted a Spydie credit card. This is close enough! I can also see these becoming very collectible.
I collect Spyderco memorabilia and started a website to share my collection. I was so eager to buy one of these, but they are not a physical card. In the description it says they are "Gift cards ordered online at Spyderco.com are delivered digitally via email"

So I don't think you are getting a Spydie card.
We can call and make a phone order with the SFO and they can mail us a physical card. I just called to ask. Of course, I feel a bit silly having done that since I can’t even buy one today :o

Edit: Just checked out your memorabilia on your website. Very very cool stuff. Things I have never seen too. The cut kit?? Never heard of that, but I want one now. You even have the Zippo!! I can never get one. Rarely seen, and last time I was outbid on the bay. And that was at least a year or two ago.
*I also changed “I and me” to “us and we” in the above text. :spyder:
“In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.”
-Charlie Brown

User avatar
Mini2white
Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:26 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Gift Cards

Postby Mini2white » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:54 pm

PStone wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:14 pm
Mini2white wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm
PStone wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 am
https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/GC01/1896

Now this is cool. I’ve always wanted a Spydie credit card. This is close enough! I can also see these becoming very collectible.
I collect Spyderco memorabilia and started a website to share my collection. I was so eager to buy one of these, but they are not a physical card. In the description it says they are "Gift cards ordered online at Spyderco.com are delivered digitally via email"

So I don't think you are getting a Spydie card.
We can call and make a phone order with the SFO and they can mail us a physical card. I just called to ask. Of course, I feel a bit silly having done that since I can’t even buy one today :o

Edit: Just checked out your memorabilia on your website. Very very cool stuff. Things I have never seen too. The cut kit?? Never heard of that, but I want one now. You even have the Zippo!! I can never get one. Rarely seen, and last time I was outbid on the bay. And that was at least a year or two ago.
*I also changed “I and me” to “us and we” in the above text. :spyder:
I was gifted an old discount card, which I have added to the website. A physical card is a bonus. Not to get off track for this thread though, a gift card at least allows the recipient to choose their gift.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Enactive, Evil D, gdwtvb, marshmallow, Rover, sal, SpyderNut, Wartstein and 25 guests