Force To Open/Close A Blade Changes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Force To Open/Close A Blade Changes

Post by Wartstein »

Pokey wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:04 am
Well, after a few days where the weather has gone from warm and dry to cool and rainy, then back again, there’s no real change in the Para 3’s.
... you seem to have a favorite Spyderco... :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm
Bill1170 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:33 pm
I lived in CO for 22years, then moved to coastal SOCAL in 2000. It has to be the humidity difference. It affects everything that moves or spoils. When my wife and I visit CO now, we get nosebleeds. We aren’t adapted like we were back when we lived there.
Nose bleed certainly sounds a lot more like due to changes in altitude than in humidity to me...
It is most likely due to the change in humidity. When I visit family in Southern Utah after a day or so I get a nose bleed as the thin tissue in the nose dries out. It takes a while for your body to catch up and adjust, and for those of us with an uncorrected deviated septum, that might be never.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:06 am
Pokey wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:04 am
Well, after a few days where the weather has gone from warm and dry to cool and rainy, then back again, there’s no real change in the Para 3’s.
... you seem to have a favorite Spyderco... :)
Those are just some of the many favorites. ;) Sometimes I’ll carry one for a couple of days, other times I may switch during the day, depending on what I’m doing or what I’m wearing. (One has to accessorize, ya know.) :D
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

Fixed blades are the answer my friend. No issues. Ever. Lol!
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:20 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm
Bill1170 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:33 pm
I lived in CO for 22years, then moved to coastal SOCAL in 2000. It has to be the humidity difference. It affects everything that moves or spoils. When my wife and I visit CO now, we get nosebleeds. We aren’t adapted like we were back when we lived there.
Nose bleed certainly sounds a lot more like due to changes in altitude than in humidity to me...
It is most likely due to the change in humidity. When I visit family in Southern Utah after a day or so I get a nose bleed as the thin tissue in the nose dries out. It takes a while for your body to catch up and adjust, and for those of us with an uncorrected deviated septum, that might be never.
Yes, the nosebleeds we experience while in Colorado only happen after several days of the tissues drying out. Back when I lived in CO, I was very aware of how my skin changed when visiting the area I now live in. Skin oils that were “used up” combating CO’s dryness would weep from the pores of my face when in coastal SoCal. The body is amazing in how it adapts to the environment.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

marty_bill_ wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:11 am
Fixed blades are the answer my friend. No issues. Ever. Lol!
Yeah, but how can I EDC my Z-Cut when they don't make a sheath for it? :D

(I'm trying to figure out what a Z-Cut sheath would look like right now.) :rolleyes: