Spyderco Ruined my arm!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Spyderco Ruined my arm!!!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I might be getting on in years but I thought this video was shared here on the forum but for the life of me I can’t find it. This has led me to believe that maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t shared here. So, I figured I would share it.

I found this clip on YouTube and I couldn’t stop laughing. It is so well made and it does a great job of describing who we are and what we do.

https://youtu.be/vjQyUGI42J4

The follow up video..

https://youtu.be/r1Nyf4SjkHs
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
The Meat man

Re: Spyderco Ruined my arm!!!

Post by The Meat man »

Yeah I saw those. :D Great videos and of course, super cool of Spyderco to send him that stuff!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Someone posted the first one in the fidget knife thread, but it's so funny it deserves a second post!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86488&start=80#p1420828

But it does not hurt to post both vids once more! :).
Last edited by Wartstein on Thu May 21, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I found him while I was Spydersearching YouTube. I love his stuff! If you message him, he's prompt in his reply😊
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
FeistyKat

Post by FeistyKat »

Freaking water buffalo in Norway!

Who would have guessed?

They look like they make good pets. I want one.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Such a refreshing take on life, including Spyderco.

Anything absurd gets my attention, but only when it conveys a dearness does it keep it. I’ve been subscribed to his channel for while.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Hilarious. The duel was epic, bonus points for owning a poncho and cowboy hat in Europe. Spyderco sending him a care package was really cool too. Love his reaction to the rocks glass and of course the shaman.

Thanks for sharing, I missed it in the other thread.
James Y

Post by James Y »

This guy is great!😀

I’ve seen a couple of his videos before. He’s definitely a natural in front of the camera. I don’t watch many people’s knife-related YouTube videos, but his are a must-watch.

On a related topic, I also had acupuncture for a severe case of tennis elbow back in 2004. The acupuncture totally cleared it up after only one session, when nothing else had worked for weeks. When I woke up the next morning, the tennis elbow was simply gone. Of course, results that dramatic don’t always happen (it usually takes at least a few acupuncture sessions to experience the full effects), but in that instance that’s what happened for me.

Jim
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Farmer E is quite entertaining. It's also pretty neat to watch his journey. If you haven't read his story, I highly recommend that you do. In addition to being funny and so authentic, the quality of his videos is exceptional.

We look forward to seeing his farm grow, his EDC Arm/Elbow heal, and hopefully more videos with ducks, water buffalo, dogs, and knives.

:D

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:16 pm
Farmer E is quite entertaining. It's also pretty neat to watch his journey. If you haven't read his story, I highly recommend that you do. In addition to being funny and so authentic, the quality of his videos is exceptional.

We look forward to seeing his farm grow, his EDC Arm/Elbow heal, and hopefully more videos with ducks, water buffalo, dogs, and knives.

:D

Kristi

Where can we read his story Kristi?

And yes, I’m definitely subscribed to his YouTube channel now. 😎
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:19 pm

Where can we read his story Kristi?

And yes, I’m definitely subscribed to his YouTube channel now. 😎
It's a short read, but it makes everything that he does even more interesting. You can find it under the About tab on his channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoapgs ... oOXA/about. He also has a website for his photography, http://thefarmere.com/. He's just a hoot (the duel was hysterical).

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen his content before, it's great! He got another new subscriber because of this thread...
So it goes.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Really cool backstory on Farmer E. So...what does one do with a herd of water buffalos? Milk them? He looks like he loves them too much to sell for meat!
- Julia

SG89

Post by SG89 »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:33 pm
Really cool backstory on Farmer E. So...what does one do with a herd of water buffalos? Milk them? He looks like he loves them too much to sell for meat!
My guess is the water buffalo milk is sold or used to make Buffalo Mozzarella
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i watched these with my wife, who couldn’t care less about pocket knives or edc and she was cracking up with me. it’s always good to have a laugh at yourself and be okay when others do too.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:49 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Huh, that makes sense! I never really thought about what kind of buffalos make Buffalo mozzarella. :p
- Julia

SG89

Post by SG89 »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:41 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:49 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Huh, that makes sense! I never really thought about what kind of buffalos make Buffalo mozzarella. :p
Lol Buffalo wings and Buffalo cheese all from the same animal! :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JuPaul wrote:

Actually at the very end of the second video farmer E. says something like "this week was all about selling meat"... :o
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I hope he´ll share how he likes the Shaman. Seems to be a great choice by Spyderco, considering his rather big hands, appreciation of the comp.lock and offering a larger, more hard use alternative to the Para 3... (the even more perfect combo would have been Para 3 LW and Shaman, but I don´t think that this guy is as "crazy" as we are on this forum are and looks into details like LW/FRN vs liners /G10 ... ;)

Though maybe for a "notorious fidgeter" experiencing and "learning" a different lock-type would have been cool? Though that would have probably led to developing an "EDC elbow" once more... :p