BladeHQ M4 Manix XLs

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
defenestrate

Re: BladeHQ M4 Manix XLs

Post by defenestrate »

Dang, missed it. It'd go well with my MAnix 2 and Military.
Theldraskien

Post by Theldraskien »

Me too :(
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Heres how it went on my end, I was going for the DLC version,,,,

Heart rate up, panic attack mode set in, I waited till it showed add to cart.

Clicked add to cart, and the page loading thing kept spinning.

I would hit add to cart several times, but it never would load the next page.

I looked at the clock, 7 minutes of the page trying to load I thought I wouldnt get it.

Finally it said buy now, or what ever it said, clicked it, agreed to the the terms and buy now.

The satin blade seemed to last 1 hour on my end after refreshing the page many times just to see how fast they sold.

Lots of traffic or BladeHQ killed the bots? None on Ebay earlier.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Forgot to say... love the manix 2,,,heard this thing is a beast. Cant wait, will give the Shaman company
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mike Slayer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:43 pm
Congrats to all that picked one up. I want to see some pics and video of them being used. I was hoping to snag one but thanks to COVID-19 for getting me laid off from work and the state of North Carolina for screwing me around on unemployment I am broke. It’s awesome being laid off for 10 week’s and the state giving you the run around the entire time. Then when everything starts to open back up companies expect you to have money laying around and full payment right now. I guess when the said they would work with you was a lie. Sorry for venting but in the future I will pick up a Manix XL in S30V when I get things leveled out.

Sorry you missed out, Mike. I've been wondering if that sort of thing wasn't happening to a lot of Spyderco fans.

With regards to the peculiar server delays and "sold out" notice, I definitely fell into the mindless, repeated button clicking category, especially since I'd only had about half of my quart of coffee and most of my synapses weren't firing yet. I finally noticed the fine print down at the bottom of the screen "waiting for server....." etc. If the server were somehow able to count up all the clicks and happened to use that as a preliminary indicator of number of sales, it could have easily accumulated 500 or 700 and thought it was sold out until if found out otherwise :D I had a disorganized day and didn't get around to checking for my email verification until tonight -- thought I'd already seen it. Gulp... it wasn't there :eek: but I quickly verified that they had me down as having bought one. They did have a scary message on their site though: "If you do not see your order here, and never received a confirmation email, there may be a problem with you order. Please contact our customer service department." Luckily I saw my order there.

They've already debited my checking account, so I better have bought one :p

During their Dodo sale, I panicked and kept clicking when the screen froze. In retrospect that could very well have been what made me miss out on that one -- I was finally able to pick one up later.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

DougC-3 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:05 am
Mike Slayer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:43 pm
Congrats to all that picked one up. I want to see some pics and video of them being used. I was hoping to snag one but thanks to COVID-19 for getting me laid off from work and the state of North Carolina for screwing me around on unemployment I am broke. It’s awesome being laid off for 10 week’s and the state giving you the run around the entire time. Then when everything starts to open back up companies expect you to have money laying around and full payment right now. I guess when the said they would work with you was a lie. Sorry for venting but in the future I will pick up a Manix XL in S30V when I get things leveled out.

Sorry you missed out, Mike. I've been wondering if that sort of thing wasn't happening to a lot of Spyderco fans.

With regards to the peculiar server delays and "sold out" notice, I definitely fell into the mindless, repeated button clicking category, especially since I'd only had about half of my quart of coffee and most of my synapses weren't firing yet. I finally noticed the fine print down at the bottom of the screen "waiting for server....." etc. If the server were somehow able to count up all the clicks and happened to use that as a preliminary indicator of number of sales, it could have easily accumulated 500 or 700 and thought it was sold out until if found out otherwise :D I had a disorganized day and didn't get around to checking for my email verification until tonight -- thought I'd already seen it. Gulp... it wasn't there :eek: but I quickly verified that they had me down as having bought one. They did have a scary message on their site though: "If you do not see your order here, and never received a confirmation email, there may be a problem with you order. Please contact our customer service department." Luckily I saw my order there.

They've already debited my checking account, so I better have bought one :p

During their Dodo sale, I panicked and kept clicking when the screen froze. In retrospect that could very well have been what made me miss out on that one -- I was finally able to pick one up later.

It’s all good my friend. I will pickup a regular Manix XL when I can. I plan to replace the G10 with copper. I love the heft it gives the knife and how it develops a patina over time. Maybe one day we will see one in LC200N. The I can add titanium and make it corrosion resistant as possible. That would be one **** of a SHTF folder. Something like that I would push the envelope with in reason to see what it is capable of if it was your only blade in the bush and you had to do a series of task. Basically test it against a fixed blade in a similar size range. Push the limts like would in a survival situation. Not beating the fool out of it but using skill and technique cautiously since it’s your only tool and it’s irreplaceable in your current situation.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Very nice!
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I bought it for a work buddy and I'm kicking myself for not getting one for me. It's pretty sweet in person! I'm surprised that no one else on here has posted that they received their yet.
•• Beau
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Got mine! This thing is AWESOME! Perfect out of the box. Loving it!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I received my satin version today.

First of all it looks great and feels great. One thing I noticed was that the edge grind is much wider than my other Manix 2 XL. That would make me think it is sharpened at a lower angle. When I get a chance I'm going to measure the blade thicknesses behind the edge and see how those compare.
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

Just got mine today. It is an absolutely beautiful knife but tbh it’s not really my style. I think I may let mine go to someone who missed it. Maybe I’ll post on BladeForum or The reddit knife exchange. Or maybe it’ll grow on me :)
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

About the time I got mine out of my mailbox there was already one for sale on a knife forum, and I count 12 for sale on ebay.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mine came today (Monday) too. I was surprised, since they said they were using econo shipping and implied that it might be later in the week. Mine also has a good, slightly wider grind, which I much like. On mine, the spine of the blade is a little thicker toward the tip than than on my S90V XL.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Trinity300

Post by Trinity300 »

Love the natural/black combo.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

bdblue wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:35 pm
About the time I got mine out of my mailbox there was already one for sale on a knife forum, and I count 12 for sale on ebay.
And those prices. I hope no one buys them. 300 bucks? :rolleyes:
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

bdblue wrote:
This is a bit tangential, but it's a question that's been on my mind, and it's somewhat relevant here. Where is this knife forum that you're talking about? I'm curious, and this is purely hypothetical, but suppose a guy ended up buying more of a Spyderco products than he really wanted. He'd like to divest himself of one or two, if it wasn't too inconvenient. Neither the Spyderco Forum nor the Spyderco Facebook Group allow selling. BladeForums just wants money, eBay just isn't what it was back in the 90's, and the result is the knives just take up space in his desk drawer. What resources are available to solve such a problem?
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 am
bdblue wrote:
This is a bit tangential, but it's a question that's been on my mind, and it's somewhat relevant here. Where is this knife forum that you're talking about? I'm curious, and this is purely hypothetical, but suppose a guy ended up buying more of a Spyderco products than he really wanted. He'd like to divest himself of one or two, if it wasn't too inconvenient. Neither the Spyderco Forum nor the Spyderco Facebook Group allow selling. BladeForums just wants money, eBay just isn't what it was back in the 90's, and the result is the knives just take up space in his desk drawer. What resources are available to solve such a problem?
The knife_swap on reddit is pretty good. Read the rules, follow them, be a good buyer/seller and you'll do well. Scammers don't last long there, and reputation goes a long way.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Got mine today, she's a big ole girl, but I like it. Fit and finish is perfect.

Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

When I placed my order I was sitting 5 minutes away from BHQ. I tried but they wouldn’t let me pick it up in person. Now that I’m back home in a state east of Utah I see that tracking shows the package in California. :(