The best part of giving away a Spyderco...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GiftedMisfit

Re: The best part of giving away a Spyderco...

Post by GiftedMisfit »

I gave my 14yr old son my DF2 salt, and he absolutely uses it for everything. It's a beautiful thing really.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I've been the lucky recipient of 3 Spyderco knives, a Bug, Endura, and Autonomy. It's great having a son who is a knife enthusiast! I've gifted a number of Swiss knives over the years, as well as a couple of Leatherman tools. I can honestly say it feels great to give!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Waco

Post by Waco »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:52 am
I gave 3 to my brother and they just sit in boxes on the shelf. I doubt he can tell the difference between good and bad when it comes to cutlery. I gave my friends one each and I have never seen them again, nor heard mention of them. :mad:

People either see the value of carrying a knife or they don't. I cringe at someone holding a pair of scissors wide open to cut the strapping tape on a box in a manner that looks like an ER visit waiting to happen.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree with you.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

FarNorthDan started the " pay it forward " by giving me a Spyderco DragonFlyII in HAP40
I then paid it forward multiple times, I gave a buddy a Blue Millie in S90V and my little brother more than 1 nice Spydie.
I love the spirit of giving. Very satisfying seeing them have something that they can use every day.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

I was talking to a friend I used to work with a while back and asked him if he carried a knife at work. This is a federal facility and when I worked there federal law limited blades to 2.5" (6.5 cm). He said he didn't carry anything because they've gotten stupid and they're limiting blades to 2" (5.08 cm), now.

He and his wife have always enjoyed growing some of their own fruits and vegetables and canning them. So, I thought I'd get him a Chicago for work and a Counter Puppy for play. Before sending them I touched them up on the Sharp Maker and sent them along with a couple of Band-Aids, some Spyderco stickers, and a catalog.

They really like them, especially the concept of the four legs on the Counter Puppy keeping the blade off of kitchen surfaces. He also mentioned that they are very sharp. He didn't say they needed the Band-Aids yet. ;)
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

I've never got gifted a Spyderco.
I've given some, but it turned out those were not well suited presents.
Nowadays I only gift cheaper knives to non knife people.