Perfect Delica?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Perfect Delica?

Post by Wartstein »

spy4life wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:36 pm
Repost pictures and thanks for url for posting pictures.

It handles so much better with finger choil and handles like caly 3.5 now.

That´s great work and looks very nice.

So: I DO like your work, but would not want a Delica like this personally. As a matter of fact I am always a bit worried that they will change the Delica into yet another finger choil knife some day. I do like choils on many knives, but still one of the best parts of the Delica is its Ricasso design: Makes for a perfect actual handle with a lot of space, places your hand rather close to the edge when you hold the knife on the actual handle, and choking up on the Ricasso works better for me than on many choils (gives me more control for example)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

as someone who does mods like this all the time good job. looks like factory which is the highest compliment i can give you on a spyderco.

i have a manbug that i have been tossing the idea around to do something like this too. i guess i need to try it and find out.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

You did a great job,and i love the blue liners.Other than that,you are late to the choil party.There already are a lot of choiled knives in the Spyderco line up,and the last reveal shows the trend moved towards full cutting edges,no choils.
Besides,there already is a choiled Delica,and it's name is Meadowlark.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.