My 4 Year Old Daughter Lover Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FullScaler

My 4 Year Old Daughter Lover Spyderco

Post by FullScaler »

So, I was working in my office yesterday and my 4-year-old daughter comes in and sees the SPY-27 Spyderco Mule picture on one of my monitors and proceeds to tell me that she "really likes that Spyderco Knife"

I immediately smile and ask her how she knows it was a Spyderco Knife and she spends the next 5 minutes telling me all about the "Spydie hole" and the "super cute Spyderco logo, and how they are her favorite knife."

She then asks me if I could read her more of the Spyderco book at bedtime tonight, ... to which I of course smile and reply "you betcha sweetie" I love the fact that the Spyderco catalog is one of her favorite bedtime books. I think Sal has another life long Spyderco Fan here!
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
Mushroom

Re: My 4 Year Old Daughter Lover Spyderco

Post by Mushroom »

That's awesome! :D

My niece just turned 5 and is obsessed with my Spydies too! Anytime she sees someone using a knife she asks if its a Spyderco. I taught her well. :D She loves looking through my collection of colorful Ladybugs. One of her favorite things to do is choose a knife for me to open and she will guess if it has "teeth or no teeth." (serrations)
-Nick :bug-red
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

She has excellent taste in both knives, and reading material for such a young woman. Your post made me think of my daughter when she was a youngster.:) She didn't know squat about knives, but then again; neither did I. :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

That's awesome! :) My two year old son likes looking through the Spyderco catalog too.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
foofie

Post by foofie »

My nine year old told me again last week that her favorite color is blurple. It’s been blurple for over a year now.

Wherever would she have heard of such a color?!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi FullScaler,

Thanx for sharing your story and please thank "Sweetie" for me.

sal
JMM

Post by JMM »

Cute... that made me :)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Love it! Gotta cultivate good taste from a very young age. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Thanks for the cool story that made me smile as I read this with my Saturday morning coffee. :)

One of my other knifey interests is traditional and historical knife patterns and designs. If you ask most traditonal knife users what ignited their interest in the hobby, they often relate a tale of how grandad/grandma, or their father/uncle etc had a knife that they always used, and maybe gifted them with a particular pocketknife when they were young.

It makes me smile to think that my nephews and nieces will grow up to think of Spydercos as the 'traditional' pocketknives that all the adults around them used as a utility tool.

In fact whenever they draw a generic folding knife, it always has a Spydiehole in the blade. :D
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Train up a child in the way he should go...
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050