Spyderco Face Mask (now bandana, hat and patch)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pokey

Re: Spyderco Face Mask (now bandana, hat and patch)

Post by Pokey »

Speaking of Buff’s, here’s the one they gave us at LockMart with the Space tag line and Vector Star logo.
Attachments
4FDA28C2-979F-4D1E-9AA8-445FE31E4B6A.jpeg
The Meat man

Re: Spyderco Face Mask

Post by The Meat man »

Nevermind.
Last edited by The Meat man on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Buff offers a fairly accessible custom program for customers already, so I'm sure they would be more than happy to work with Spyderco. They can be used in so many ways.

None the less, I'll still be buying a handful of the new Spyderco Bandanas. :D
-Nick :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

double post
-Nick :bug-red
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i’ve edc’d at least one bandana and one buff in my bag for at least a decade now. they are both incredibly handy and versatile items, regardless of how you feel about face masks. if spyderco made either, i would probably buy one just because; pandemic or not. i realize this is a decisive issue, but i think it’s silly to throw out the baby with the bath water here. you can have the “you can put a mask on my cold, dead face!” attitude, but it doesn’t diminish the utility of a good bandana or a buff.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Still interested in these as I wait for the hoodies :D
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:57 pm
i’ve edc’d at least one bandana and one buff in my bag for at least a decade now. they are both incredibly handy and versatile items, regardless of how you feel about face masks. if spyderco made either, i would probably buy one just because; pandemic or not. i realize this is a decisive issue, but i think it’s silly to throw out the baby with the bath water here. you can have the “you can put a mask on my cold, dead face!” attitude, but it doesn’t diminish the utility of a good bandana or a buff.
It beats getting slathered up with SPF 30. As I've gotten older, I preferred to cover up rather than slather up in the sun. It works better for me. ;)
Surfingringo

Re: Spyderco Face Mask

Post by Surfingringo »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:58 pm
Surfingringo wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:06 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:13 pm
Personally, I wouldn't buy one. This face mask thing won't last forever and I for one will be glad when it's over.
I’m with you on this one. It seems like the face mask is quickly becoming a controversial and divisive symbol. Plenty of companies are going to make some $$ selling them but if my company name was already established I wouldn’t get anywhere near that market.
To each his own I guess, even if you don’t subscribe to the idea that wearing a procedure mask is at least a courtesy to others.

But, now we’re in August and America is still looking inept.

Outdoor Research has entered the mask game, with a domestic product no less, and raised the stakes by adding an N95 fabric filter, thus turning their mask into a respirator. The demand seems high, probably because the pandemic isn’t ending anytime soon, because, you know, science

Given thIs inconvenient truth, and assuming this thread is still about masks, take a look at this article for prolonging N95 fabric (PDF in link): https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/3/e00997-20
Science is complicated and our theories do not exist in a vacuum. I don’t hold any radical positions for or against but I have plenty of concerns about the mask experiment we are conducting. They are valid concerns about the science behind what we are doing but this is the wrong forum to discuss them.

I would be down for a buff. Everyone could use theirs however they see fit.
Last edited by Surfingringo on Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
sal

Post by sal »

skeeg11 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:39 pm
You've done bandannas before and you have your sales history for reference. Not saying bandannas are old school, but buffs are a very useful piece of outdoor kit. Perhaps a bit more fashionable and contemporary than bandannas........especially given the pandemic where they can serve as a backup face mask. A large red Spydie logo positioned to cover the mouth would be so KEWL, but then again, maybe I'm just kinda weird.
Hi Skeeg,

We're working on several Bandanas now. I insisted that they be USA made with USA fabric. It took us a while to find a company that would make our oversize bandana in the US.

sal
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:14 pm
Buff offers a fairly accessible custom program for customers already, so I'm sure they would be more than happy to work with Spyderco. They can be used in so many ways.

None the less, I'll still be buying a handful of the new Spyderco Bandanas. :D
I like this idea. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Odomandr,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

We're also working on several baseball caps, patches and tickers.

sal
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Hi Skeeg,

We're working on several Bandanas now. I insisted that they be USA made with USA fabric. It took us a while to find a company that would make our oversize bandana in the US.

sal
[/quote]

Kudos on the USA made. Appreciate that. Will definitely be checking out your oversize bandannas.

Thanks
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

sal wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm

sal
That whould be great, Sal.
But how could we get these in Europe?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Austrian_spyder_fan,

They might be consumer direct from the factory.

sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

sal wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm

sal
That is excellent news. I was just looking at getting a new Spydie t-shirt over the weekend.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

If you are doing hats could spyderco please do visors as well. I wear visors and would love some spyderco ones.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
odomandr

Post by odomandr »

sal wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:13 pm
skeeg11 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:39 pm
You've done bandannas before and you have your sales history for reference. Not saying bandannas are old school, but buffs are a very useful piece of outdoor kit. Perhaps a bit more fashionable and contemporary than bandannas........especially given the pandemic where they can serve as a backup face mask. A large red Spydie logo positioned to cover the mouth would be so KEWL, but then again, maybe I'm just kinda weird.
Hi Skeeg,

sal
I love seeing this. Especially the oversized part as I've had some that seemingly were for children.
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:15 pm
Hi Odomandr,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thank you Sal.
"Yeah? Well, you know, thats like uh, your opinion, man" - Lebowski
BobABQ

Post by BobABQ »

sal wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:13 pm
Hi Skeeg,

sal
American made Spyderco bandana made with USA fabric? I am all over a couple of those!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Great news! Glad this is still moving.