Manix 2 in Maxamet: What I think about it so far

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rybu0305

Re: Manix 2 in Maxamet: What I think about it so far

Post by rybu0305 »

The Manix 2 blade definitely feels longer in practical use but a knife with the same handle but full blade length, no finger choil, would be great. I find I can do what I need but prefer 3.25” - 3.75 of cutting edge with no choil.

I love the CBBL lock and unfortunately Spyderco isn’t giving us many options with this lock these days.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
Wartstein

Re: Manix 2 in Maxamet: What I think about it so far

Post by Wartstein »

Lol-x wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:43 am
This will be my first Spyderco knife, and its 'in the mail' at the moment, I super pumped and can't wait to get it.
My favorite (knife) steel to date is HAP-40 so I am really looking forward to Maxamet.
Given that you can't really take the Manix 2 LW apart due to the pins, is it a problem keeping the Maxamet blade operating (opening/closing) smoothly over time?

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first Spyderco! Great choice! :)

Had a Manix LW for about a year and used it a lot, have another one for a short time now. The action just got smoother over time, though I never really maintained the knife (other than a drop of oil maybe from time to time).

And: Yes, it is pinned, but the pivot screw is a regular torx on the current edition, so you CAN adjust it!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)