S45VN Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

S45VN Sprint Run

Post by SG89 »

Wanted to start this thread to discuss the S45VN sprint pm2 and Para 3. I didn't want to bombard the S45VN pm2 alert thread. Anyways, I ordered the S45VN pm2 last week and it was supposed to be delivered this past Monday. No tracking update since last Tuesday. Me sad. Can y'all post some pics or reviews to help tide me over?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Cycletroll

Re: S45VN Sprint Run

Post by Cycletroll »

Spydergirl I'm in the same boat as you; waiting for mine from REC. Should be here Monday but of course I'm on duty and won't be home until Tuesday! :(
Would also love to see some pics and maybe anecdotes on how it sharpens?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Here's a knife on a sasquatch to hold you over. :p

- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahahah, soooooo random!! Sorry for your misfortune guys. They should arrive to you this week I would think!

How are you liking those scales Julia?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Cycletroll wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:25 pm
Spydergirl I'm in the same boat as you; waiting for mine from REC. Should be here Monday but of course I'm on duty and won't be home until Tuesday! :(
PStone shares some of his experience sharpening here...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86207&start=40
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I've been trying to grab one of these but have been unsuccessful so far.. I've pretty much written it off at this point. Thinking I'll have to live vicariously through forum pics on this one! Keep them coming!

Hoping to try out some S45VN in a more accessible platform someday! Seems like a very nice "all-around" steel, which I always appreciate..

Cool samsquantch (TPB anybody?) pic Julia!

:)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
JMM

Post by JMM »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:43 pm
Wanted to start this thread to discuss the S45VN sprint pm2 and Para 3. I didn't want to bombard the S45VN pm2 alert thread. Anyways, I ordered the S45VN pm2 last week and it was supposed to be delivered this past Monday. No tracking update since last Tuesday. Me sad. Can y'all post some pics or reviews to help tide me over?

That stinks, sorry to hear that, I absolutely hate waiting for new Spydies more that just about anything!

I ordered mine from Ye Old Cutlery & Gift Shop and got it yesterday, packed better than any knife I've ever received. First impressions of the fit & finish are fantastic, very small adjustment to each pivot screw had it on point... I really like the colour & texture of the scales, I have two other knives that have "Forest Green" as their official colour, the Knife Joker Shaman & the scales the from the Stag Arms Exclusive Manix2... here's what the 3 look like side by side... Sorry for the bad image quality, was in a bit of a hurry, I'll get a better one later this evening.

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:49 pm
Hahahah, soooooo random!! Sorry for your misfortune guys. They should arrive to you this week I would think!

How are you liking those scales Julia?
Gotta keep things light, you know! That guy guards our cabin. ;) Anyhow the scales are really growing on me. At first I felt like they might be total pocket shredders, and in thick jeans they still might be. I'm wearing thinner jeans today and they slide in and out much more easily. Either way I think an oval of smooth g10 under the pocket clip (like on the seki frn) might be a good idea. In hand they feel great, though. Very grippy, but not uncomfortably rough. I was hoping to get out in the woods this morning during the rain to test them out in the wet a bit, but alas, my kid had a homeschool meltdown and that didn't happen. Next rainy day...
- Julia

SG89

Post by SG89 »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:31 pm
Here's a knife on a sasquatch to hold you over. :p

This is the kind of content I like to see! Thanks for the laugh :)
Spydergirl88
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:50 pm
Cycletroll wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:25 pm
PStone shares some of his experience sharpening here...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86207&start=40
Thanks!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Cool samsquantch (TPB anybody?) pic Julia!
Lol - my brother always call our statue the Samsquanch...guess he's seen that episode, too!
- Julia

VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Mine was a little tight out of the box. I loosened the pivot by a hair and now its perfect. No play and drops shut.

I was actually hoping the scales would be a little more grippy than they are. With that said they are really good. I get the impression they will not want to wear smooth after years of use like some other grip patterns can do.

The green is dark looking in lower light but looks great out in the sunlight.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

https://youtu.be/lrcFuO3MZcw
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Anyone receive their DLT order?

Mine still says at shipping facility. Got a bad feeling it’s “lost.”
moose1000

Post by moose1000 »

Tracking History
May 5, 2020, 4:39 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
MARINETTE, WI 54143
Your shipment was received at 4:39 pm on May 5, 2020 in MARINETTE, WI 54143. The acceptance of your package is pending.

This is where I'm at....
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mine says in transit to the next facility May 5th.
No updates since then.
Ordered mine from soonerstateknives. 1 state away from me. Maybe s45vn is made of disappearinite
Spydergirl88
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Ok. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure a postal employee isn’t out testing S45VN before I do.
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

USPS is incredibly overwhelmed by Covid-19. Not only a massive influx of packages, but also employee shortage. Some employees are refusing to work due to fear of contracting the virus, especially at the distribution centers. I don't blame them.

I have three packages, including the CS Manix, that have been sitting at the Detroit distribution center since 5/5.
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

buccilli15 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:09 pm
USPS is incredibly overwhelmed by Covid-19. Not only a massive influx of packages, but also employee shortage. Some employees are refusing to work due to fear of contracting the virus, especially at the distribution centers. I don't blame them.

I have three packages, including the CS Manix, that have been sitting at the Detroit distribution center since 5/5.
I'll second this, I've had over a dozen packages through USPS in the past week and spoke to a few others who send even more, there definitely seems to be some understandable break down finally occurring recently. I'm frankly impressed it ran as smoothly as it did until now. I recommend people try to be understanding if you're experiencing delays and know many others are in the same boat, and consider insurance if you're shipping.
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

I’m not upset or don’t understand. Just, up till now deliveries have been smooth. If I’m just feeling the impact in my area that’s ok. Just wanted to check and make sure I’m not the only one. I’ll be patient. It’s not like I haven’t amassed enough Spydies to use.