Best place to buy 2nd hand

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
calebj06

Best place to buy 2nd hand

Post by calebj06 »

So I’m wondering where the best places are to buy spidies 2nd hand?

I stepped away from the knife world for a year or so and upon returning I found the CS exclusive native 5 in orange and black and it’s exactly what I’ve been wanting for a long time...... and of course they sold out about a month or so ago.....😪

So I’ve been looking for one but I don’t really know where to look. There was one on eBay for $140 and it sold before I could get it and now the one on eBay is $240!!! NOT HAPPENING!

I know about reddit knife_swap, but where else should I check?

Thanks guys.
attila

Re: Best place to buy 2nd hand

Post by attila »

One place I buy and sell second hand is Bladeforums. If you ever decide you want to sell or if you want to place a “want to trade” or “want to buy” ad, you have to be a paying member (gold or higher membership).

Other forums have for sale sections too, but Bladeforums has the biggest secondhand knife market I know of.

This one variety of Native showing up is gonna be kinda rare, but given enough time, it should happen. You just have to check regularly.

Good luck!!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

You can also "save" your search for that specific knife on ebay, then it'll alert you when any new one comes up for sale.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Blade Forums Exchange is where I've bought a lot of my knives second hand a few years ago. I was working at home at the time. So it was easier for me to keep an eye on the Exchange. I rarely look at it these days because it's too tempting lol
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

“The exchange is a dangerous place”

- my wallet
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Holland

Post by Holland »

Face book spyderco page is a good source as well from my experience
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I just bought my first 2nd-hand Spyderco, a Manix 2 from /r/knife_swap. Great community there.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I would like to second Reddit's Knife_Swap.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
PStone

Post by PStone »

I have had good experiences at both cuttingedge.com and Arizona custom knives. Both can be pricey, but there are usually some decent buys. Like right now a g10 P4 k390 for $175@AZCK. Cuttingedge doesn’t always have a lot of spydies, but they drop their prices 10% every month until sold.