What will you be getting from the new reveal?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: What will you be getting from the new reveal?

Post by JuPaul »

Molle Ninja wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:22 pm
Preordered a swayback from BHQ as soon as they made it available. Agree the clip is lame, but that’s fixable.

Would grab a z-wear Shaman if able. I regret not trying to score the Cruwear one. Would’ve been cool had they used olive micarta, but oh well. Glad they’re doing this.
I'm glad they kept the Shaman identical to the first one in all but the name of the steel. Had they made it different, lots of people that got the Cruwear one (myself included) would want the new one also. This way, people that didn't get the first round can try for this one without competing with as many other buyers. But if this one sells like hotcakes, too, maybe they'll consider a regular production model with pd#1 or cruwear and another color micarta.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:06 am
Molle Ninja wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:22 pm
Preordered a swayback from BHQ as soon as they made it available. Agree the clip is lame, but that’s fixable.

Would grab a z-wear Shaman if able. I regret not trying to score the Cruwear one. Would’ve been cool had they used olive micarta, but oh well. Glad they’re doing this.
I'm glad they kept the Shaman identical to the first one in all but the name of the steel. Had they made it different, lots of people that got the Cruwear one (myself included) would want the new one also. This way, people that didn't get the first round can try for this one without competing with as many other buyers. But if this one sells like hotcakes, too, maybe they'll consider a regular production model with pd#1 or cruwear and another color micarta.
Good point.
qwkzotc

Post by qwkzotc »

Large PE Swick, Mule and the SPY27 Native to go with my pre-ordered Manix. Maybe, someday, a SPY27 Military will come along to complete the set.

Good to have such treats to look forward to.
jacala

Post by jacala »

Doesn't seem to be much interest in the Canis ? Fine by me !!heh, heh.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

jacala wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:27 am
Doesn't seem to be much interest in the Canis ? Fine by me !!heh, heh.
The price of the Yojumbo is going to hamper the Canis' appeal.

Based on the budget I've worked out. I'll be buying a Rockjumper, MT28, Swick 6 and a Pochi.

I really wanted the SpyOpera, but I think I'll wait and see how they do in the wild before I bite. I don't trust LionSteel's QC.

I also want the Swayback, but unless they fix the clip, I'm not dropping $300. Seriously don't understand who made the clip decision...

I also also want the Yojumbo, but I'm going to wait until I can get it in hand and see if it fits. I don't trust the finger mountains.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I’m here primarily for the Glessers’ designs and this reveal has me thinking the SE Pacific Salt2 (in my preferred yellow) and the Chief are definites, and the Shaman is just a possible (already have the Crucarta). But Slysz’s collabs also interest me, so I’m considering the Swayback.

I’m happy this reveal’s K390 offerings will satisfy many, but I prefer the other models I have in this steel.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Fri May 08, 2020 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I'm in for a K390 model (Straight Spine Stretch preferably, and failing that, either the Endela or the Delica). Does anyone know if the SSS is under consideration for K390? And also the SPY27 Mule, for sure.

I like the Swayback and the Yojumbo, but don't have the budget for either. And I've already got a CruCarta Shaman, so won't be picking up another Shaman.

Overall, a great Reveal!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I'm interested in the Swick 5, K390 Endura, and the back lock (thankfully!) SpyOpera The Swayback is another interesting and good looking knife. Because of the exchange rate it is an iffy buy.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
araneae

Post by araneae »

Probably just Rockjumper for me. I'm surprised by the number of Pochi fans, seems like a crazy amount of $ for a tiny novelty knife.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

I preordered the SPY27 native LW. Keeping my eyes peeled for the Lil Native and Shaman sprints.
Nick D. Fingerz

Post by Nick D. Fingerz »

The Native Chief had me drooling all over my keyboard. S90v and carbon fiber. Oh my!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'm getting the DragonFly II in K390
Will Knife Center have them by the end of May?
GJMcD

Post by GJMcD »

Definitely a K390 Endura, possibly a Yojumbo once I get one in my fat hand to see how it feels, and a Shaman if I can get one.
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Lil Native sprint in S90v & the Z-wear Shaman :D
Foundry81

Post by Foundry81 »

Swayback, and maybe the Pochi.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Lil Native sprint, K390 Delica and Swick 6
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I preordered both the PE and SE swick 5 today. The 6 is probably a little smaller than I prefer, and there is not legal advantage to the smaller 6 so I'll stick with the fullsize.

I migth consider a 6 though. I just measured the index hole on my Introvert and it appears to just shy of the size of the hole on the 6. I like the overall size of the dullsized 5, though. I reckon the 6 might be a more convenient neck or boot knife due to the smaller size, but I really liked the other swick I had (currently missing), I think a Swick 2 and the size is just about perfect for my hand, good fit, light, long enough to be capable for most tasks but small enough to do things like easily grasp something else in the knife-holding hand while it is on my index finger.

I would have been happy to come up with a handle solution, but the grips and sheath look like they'd work great and I'd probably end up spending more getting those in the aftermarket. Don't have anywhere good to make scales right now (might have to work on that).

Not sure about other items in the reveal, I don't know where it is at the moment but seem to recall getting it.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

defenestrate wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:14 am
I preordered both the PE and SE swick 5 today. The 6 is probably a little smaller than I prefer, and there is not legal advantage to the smaller 6 so I'll stick with the fullsize.

I migth consider a 6 though. I just measured the index hole on my Introvert and it appears to just shy of the size of the hole on the 6. I like the overall size of the dullsized 5, though. I reckon the 6 might be a more convenient neck or boot knife due to the smaller size, but I really liked the other swick I had (currently missing), I think a Swick 2 and the size is just about perfect for my hand, good fit, light, long enough to be capable for most tasks but small enough to do things like easily grasp something else in the knife-holding hand while it is on my index finger.

I would have been happy to come up with a handle solution, but the grips and sheath look like they'd work great and I'd probably end up spending more getting those in the aftermarket. Don't have anywhere good to make scales right now (might have to work on that).

Not sure about other items in the reveal, I don't know where it is at the moment but seem to recall getting it.
I believe the only difference between the 5 and 6 is the diameter of the finger hole.
-Turbo
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

Gotta try the Dragonfly, K390 sounds like a crazy and interesting steel... now when will that be available :-D
On deck: FRN Chaparral

Moved on: Techno 2, SpydieChef

Excited to get: UKPK Heinnie Haynes edition, Lil'Kapara (bring it on! :D )
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

bbturbodad wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:59 am
I believe the only difference between the 5 and 6 is the diameter of the finger hole.
That's what I had thought, but I saw something else that seemed to indicate that the 5 was a bit under 3 inches and the 6 was a bit under 2. That was probably an error. If they are the same size, I think I'd be good with either one. My fingers are about average sized I guess, and the Introvery, with slightly smaller finger hole than the 6, works well for me. I'm sure a little bigger will be fine. I think it's around an 8th of an inch bigger, not a huge difference.