What will you be getting from the new reveal?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VooDooChild

Re: What will you be getting from the new reveal?

Post by VooDooChild »

Yojumbo
Canis...(might wait on this one)
Rickjumper se
Native chief sprint... hopefully
Z-Carta shaman... hopefully

The SpyOpera looks cool but I will probably hold off.

I want the Swayback but that is a good chunk of change. Think I am going to wait until I have some reward points and extra money later on.

Going to wait on k390 until I can get a police 4 ltwt in it. I still might pull the trigger on the k390 endura. I havent decided.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

SpyOpera and likely a K390 Endura. After carrying and really enjoying the Matriarch ergos last week...it only makes sense to grab an Endura, and this will also be my first K390 knife (unless something else tickles that fancy before these drop). Both are reasonably priced as well.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
normal

Post by normal »

Probably nothing. I would love to have the s90v Native Chief, but it is a sprint run so I will never get ahold of one. The SwayBack is awesome, but pricey. I may go for it depending on finances at the time.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'll be grabbing the K390 Delica and Dragonfly and the Z-Wear Shaman for sure. Probably will end up with the K390 Endura and SE Pacific Salt at some point.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
benben

Post by benben »

RockJumper and the K390 Endura.
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Definitely getting the Swick 5 and Swick 6 in SE. Maybe I'll get the PE versions down the line. A new Swick has been my most-anticipated Spyderco for a long time and I'm really happy that these have been formally revealed.

I might pick up one of the K390 models just to try out the steel... I'm thinking of either the Dragonfly 2 or the Delica 4 version, but since they're regular production, I'm in no particular hurry to get them. Same with the Native 5 Lightweight in CPM-SPY27: Love the platform, really interested in the steel, but I can afford to wait (or rather, I can't afford to get it on Day One of release :p ).

I'm interested in the YoJumbo because I really enjoy using the Yojimbo 2 but I don't know if I have a use for a 4-inch folder (this is the same reason why I haven't gotten a Military, Native Chief, and Police 4 Lightweight, despite being a big fan of their respective smaller brethren).

The Rock Jumper has me intrigued, but I will wait for user feedback and reviews to come in before making up my mind about whether or not to get one. Between my Yojimbo 2 and Delica 4 Wharncliffe, I think I'm good as far as folding wharnies go, but I'm always open to getting another one if it's compelling enough.
ThomC

Post by ThomC »

Since K390 models are going to be standard production, I might get a Delica or an Endura, unless the Police isn't far behind.
I have very little hope of getting the Shaman Sprint but that's okay.
The rest is either too expensive or unappealing to me, as CF isn't my preferred handle material.
I'll wait for SPY27 to be available in other models.
European amateur knife enthusiast
Hikes and outdoors galore
🏍️Motorcycle enthusiast
In the knoife box : M4 Millie, Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie, TOPS Tanimboca
In the future : CE/SE/Rex45/MagnaCut Millie, K2, Slysz Bowie, linerlock Sage
James Y

Post by James Y »

I like the look of the new Pac Salt 2, with the blacked-out hardware. SE, of course.

And the Rockjumper, also in SE.

I don’t buy many knives anymore, so I don’t know when or if I’ll pull the trigger, but those are what caught my eye. I’m a pretty basic guy.

Jim
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:07 am
I'm curious....why is M390 a concern?
I hate to badmouth anybody and I’d like to leave shiny footprints, but there have been very legitimate issues with Lionsteel’s heat treat of m390 and its performance. I don’t know whether they’ve improved or not. If it was Spyderco doing the manufacturing I’d be all about m390, they’re one of the companies that seems to do it right.
Maximumsmoochy

Post by Maximumsmoochy »

Not sure anything is a certainty right now, but I'm most intrigued by:

Canis - made a few comments in the Heinous thread: the blade looks toothy, thin, hollow and sharp. Handle should be comfy. Really want to get my hands on this one.

Little native S90V - I really like Golden's all-CF handles, never tried S90V, fond of the lil' Native, but it is and will likely remain a little small for my tastes. Sprint scarcity, save me from myself.

Swayback - This is a cool, classy piece, again hollow grind, although the stock is a little thick and I haven't found a Ti frame lock that has stuck around - will probably observe and appreciate from a distance unless I win the lottery.
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Techno 2, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para3, N5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, SSStretch, PM2, Smock, Shaman, Advocate, GB2, Kapara, Military, Bradley Bowie, Province

Present: P4 K390 FRN

Future: Para3 Cruwear (someday)

Regrets: Most of them
Monty

Post by Monty »

Yellow PAC salt and the Pochi are definites.

I'm intrigued by the rockjumper but if there's a leaf blade on the way I'll wait for that. Better yet would be a Salt variant.

Initially I would have gotten the swayback but upon further inspection it's a bit larger than I'd want for a secondary blade and I dislike the extra screw holes for lefties.

Since not much is interesting me lately I'll use some of the funds I'm saving to put together a micarta or g10 Endura.
ThomC

Post by ThomC »

aaronkb wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:28 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
I hate to badmouth anybody and I’d like to leave shiny footprints, but there have been very legitimate issues with Lionsteel’s heat treat of m390 and its performance. I don’t know whether they’ve improved or not. If it was Spyderco doing the manufacturing I’d be all about m390, they’re one of the companies that seems to do it right.
I believe I read a thread about that a couple of weeks ago where the 'bad heat treat' arguments were disproved after lab testing of several samples by different people.
I know it's an analog to M390 and I only have a very short experience with it, but I found 20CV extremely easy to work with and to repair. And that's a ZT knife btw.
🏍️Motorcycle enthusiast
acer

Post by acer »

I am keen on Pochi and swayback , I will wait patiently due to obvious reasons 😷 All the best All . Well done spyderco for releasing the reveal made My month. IN
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

ThomC wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:04 am
aaronkb wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
I believe I read a thread about that a couple of weeks ago where the 'bad heat treat' arguments were disproved after lab testing of several samples by different people.
I know it's an analog to M390 and I only have a very short experience with it, but I found 20CV extremely easy to work with and to repair. And that's a ZT knife btw.
You found it easy to work with because ZT intentionally runs it super soft for “toughness,” lol. If I recall correctly they even advertise that. Makes it easy as **** to sharpen and repair, but that doesn’t translate to good edge retention. I’ve personally worked with m390/20cv from different companies and had vastly different experiences with it.

Can you find the thread you’re referring to?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Years ago I promised to buy the K390 Seki run so... :cool:

Swayback for sure, though maybe off the Exchange.

Interested in the Opera, but not sure yet.
ThomC

Post by ThomC »

aaronkb wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:31 am
ThomC wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:04 am
aaronkb wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
You found it easy to work with because ZT intentionally runs it super soft for “toughness,” lol. If I recall correctly they even advertise that. Makes it easy as **** to sharpen and repair, but that doesn’t translate to good edge retention. I’ve personally worked with m390/20cv from different companies and had vastly different experiences with it.

Can you find the thread you’re referring to?
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/let ... s.1669986/

That's the one I read. Might need further confirmation.
I didn't know ZT ran it low-ish, as I haven't found data regarding it.
I'll try Spyderco's M390/20CV/204p down the line, assuming I find a reasonably priced one in EU.
🏍️Motorcycle enthusiast
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

The two I’m ordering for sure are a Swick and Mule. I have 4 options to choose from though, so I’ll have to decide. Likely a Swick 6 because it’s intent would be for my wife, but I’m not sure if I’d get the PE or SE.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

POCHI!!!

This is my first "Must Buy" knife in quite some time! I've always been a sucker for smaller knives and I can't wait to make one of these mine.

Grizz
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Swayback- I’ve always loved the swayback design and so happy to see Spyderco collab with one

Lil Native S90V/CF- been waiting on this since the launch of the Lil Native

Swick 5- I don’t have anything like this and I feel this is an extremely useful design

Mule 28- real excited to see the program continuing

Still waiting on the Bombshell!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I'll buy a Swayback ... if the Aussie dollar ever recovers. :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin