Mule Team MT28P CPM SPY27 Revealed!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Burton Knut

Re: Mule Team MT28P CPM SPY27 Revealed!

Post by Burton Knut »

It effectively helps lose weight, in my wallet.

I’m glad I’m not the only one with tabs open and ready to refresh. I’m currently sitting at 6 Spydie tabs...2 Chiefs, 2 Manix, the Mule and the Swick.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:19 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:18 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:11 pm
Same here, got excited by the Bug alert.
Did the same thing, saw the Bug alert and immediately refreshed the tab i keep up on the mule page. I only saw the SPY27 on the alert and slapped that f5 key hard.. :rolleyes:

That Spydercrack's a heckuva drug :spyder:
Too bad it's not as effective of a weight loss method, hehe.
Burton Knut wrote: It effectively helps lose weight, in my wallet.

I’m glad I’m not the only one with tabs open and ready to refresh. I’m currently sitting at 6 Spydie tabs...2 Chiefs, 2 Manix, the Mule and the Swick.
🤣
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

I'm wanting one of these too, hopefully we see it soon.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Burton Knut wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Well, at least as far as the Mule is concerned, if past practice is continued, Kristi will post an announcement on this Forum a few days prior to the SPY27 version's release letting us know the exact date and time SFO will show it available for purchase.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

The Deacon wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:58 pm
Burton Knut wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Well, at least as far as the Mule is concerned, if past practice is continued, Kristi will post an announcement on this Forum a few days prior to the SPY27 version's release letting us know the exact date and time SFO will show it available for purchase.
Really hope it works out that way! Also hope they dont sell out in 5 minutes as well, dont think my FOMO can take a hit like that, nor my mule stable go empty 🥺
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

You guys are killing me. Every time I see this thread pop up I hope it's dropped...
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Now that some have experienced SPY27 in the Para 3 and Shawn has poked at the HRC, I'm super curious if Sal will be running the mules higher than the 62 HRC or lower? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86859#p1427755

Since I still consider myself a noob, have there been any cases where the mules have been drastically different hardness of the initial runs of newer steels? Looking back some on the HRC database it would appear there are variants between different models and the mules, some lower and some higher.

I suppose it's just "dialing in" the heat treat or is there something more I'm missing :confused:

Either way, come on baby; daddy needs a new mule :D
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Ric

Post by Ric »

Any news about release date?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Waiting, very impatiently.

I have the screen primed and ready for two.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Given a magic lantern and 3 wishes, I would use one wish for a Mule Team pre-order. Spyderco could fill the pre-orders, and fill their boots. No broken dreams or empty stables. I do not think I am the only person that would like enough Mule Teams out there to dampen the collector aspect of the project and promote the testing, cutting, and perfect fixed blade Sypderco knife aspect of the project.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd love to see a pre-order+ system, where pre-orders were taken 6-12 months in advance (and paid for) and Spyderco made that number plus some percentage (100%? 50%?) more. Then the pre-orders were filled, and the rest were available (to anyone, including the folks who pre-ordered) on the Spyderco website.

This kind of system would also make it possible to eliminate the "limit 2" idea. You could limit post-production sales to 2 units per person, but allow unlimited pre-orders. That would also help Spyderco judge the demand for a certain Mule, to decide what the 'plus percentage' should be.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Funny how interest died down and mules sat around for months..... But now people are talking about pre-order lists

Glad I grabbed the PD1 and CPM 20CV Mules that sat around for a bit to cover the wait for SPY27
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

standy99 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:21 am
Funny how interest died down and mules sat around for months..... But now people are talking about pre-order lists

Glad I grabbed the PD1 and CPM 20CV Mules that sat around for a bit to cover the wait for SPY27
Yep, I grabbed a few after missing out on the LC200N one...

Still trying to find one that's not ridiculously priced.

This one will have the added demand, from it being a steel designed by and made solely for Spyderco.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

PD1 still available, if interested.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

cycleguy wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:56 pm

CG
Sweet! It's crazy how good these PD#1 mules are. I've got my 5 or so and so far I think it's a little better than my 4v :eek:
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:56 pm
cycleguy wrote:

CG
Sweet! It's crazy how good these PD#1 mules are. I've got my 5 or so and so far I think it's a little better than my 4v :eek:
Awesome to hear. I got a PD#1 mule (my first and only) maybe 2 months ago when I saw they were in stock. I'm waiting for Halpern to do another run of scales, but I'm really excited to use it. I may grab a spy27 mule as well - I see why you all love them now that I've handled one in person.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:52 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:56 pm
cycleguy wrote:

CG
Awesome to hear. I got a PD#1 mule (my first and only) maybe 2 months ago when I saw they were in stock. I'm waiting for Halpern to do another run of scales, but I'm really excited to use it. I may grab a spy27 mule as well - I see why you all love them now that I've handled one in person.
As soon as I get a confirmation of a SPY27 MT I'll order me up some Terotuff blanks, hopefully get it 5/16" thick so I can come up with a G10 liner to match.

Also hope to get something exotic for MT28 to show off as well.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Hope they release more than 600

From early Mule information

How many and how often will they be released?

Our plan is to release several variations per year using the same fixed blade pattern produced with different exotic steels. Each steel offering is limited to approximately 600 pieces and engraved indicating the steel used. Variations are priced accordingly with the only cost variable being the steel itself. Prices will be announced prior to the release of the upcoming model.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

standy99 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:31 am
Hope they release more than 600

From early Mule information

How many and how often will they be released?

Our plan is to release several variations per year using the same fixed blade pattern produced with different exotic steels. Each steel offering is limited to approximately 600 pieces and engraved indicating the steel used. Variations are priced accordingly with the only cost variable being the steel itself. Prices will be announced prior to the release of the upcoming model.
Interesting pricing on this one. It's only $50 - one of the cheaper mules. And yet the production models in spy27 are all more expensive than their current base models, and more expensive than rex45 sprint versions of those models even. I wonder why that is.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Hey cycleguy,

I just scooped up a Pd1 mule.

Thanks for the tip.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)