Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toocool006

Re: Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Post by toocool006 »

I am totally in on this one.

I'm fine with any steel, so long as the CQI from the HH model is included, those refinements really bumped the best slipjoint on the market up another notch.
~andrew
uklegalcarryknives

Post by uklegalcarryknives »

James. Yates2010 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:48 am
I'd love to see the Lc200n salt version, or if possible k390.

To be honest I'd buy any new Ti or G10 version of the UKPK, but in a high end steel I'd be buying quite a few!
I think these are my top 2 steel fanasies as well, failing that S45VN would be nice to try or 20cv/M390 but ****, I'd take S30V, nothing wrong with that in my experience.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

My vote would be either LC200N, Maxamet, or, for real class, Damasteel!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I agree 20cv, ukpk is a great knife, one of the true lightweights you make
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
BadFrog

Post by BadFrog »

I can only say 'Yes, please'. Both the titanium and the Heinnies form part of my EDC rotation. I've found they don't seem to upset NKPs here in the UK.

Anything would be good but how about a run with Elmax, possibly even an Urban in Elmax as well like the old British Blades version? That would be a lovely matched pair.
Henderbeast

Post by Henderbeast »

Would buy for sure.

Best steel available for less than £150. Don’t think it would sell well if over that. M390 would be lovely.
BadFrog

Post by BadFrog »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:51 pm
Ti UKPK sounds great but what would everyone think if they anodized it blue or green?
If it could be as close as possible to British Racing Green like the BB Forum knife, that would be a dream come true
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Why not make the Titanium UKPK a full Salt with LC200N and etc.? The Ti could be anodized any color.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Ram

Post by Ram »

Yes please Spyderco, what a great idea.

I have all the UKPKs and would definitely purchase a Ti version with a premium steel. It’s an absolutely stunning little knife and a premium version would be a great addition. I dread to think what the price would be but I could not pass up on the opportunity to purchase one for my collection.
Blackhill

Post by Blackhill »

Thank you for the warm welcome Sal. To be honest it's all about the blade shape for me.I'm not too bothered about blade steel,and I'm one of those strange people who's perfectly happy with VG10 or S30V. My Harpy was my daily work carry for over 10 years and I have no problem with VG10 as an everyday user steel.I do love Hawkbills and Wharncliffes though.I find them perfect for everyday carry. Now I know a slipjoint Hawkbill is out,but a Wharncliffe will get me hitting the buy it now button for two of them .I did have an Urban Wharncliffe for a short time but the handle on the UKPK fits me much better.
Well that was a lot of blether.WHARNCLIFFE UKPK please Sal . Even a future run of an FRN will get me running to the checkout. :cool:
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

Anodized titanium is always really disappointing, I find. It's seldom in the right colour, and it scratches very easily. Plain old TI would be my choice.
Rolo10

Post by Rolo10 »

Yes please I’m in what ever steel I’ll end up buying it.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

sal wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:15 pm
Wow! :eek:

I'd like to say "hi" to: UKlegal, Chilicheese, BlackHill, DarrenJeffery, Synderz, LeeWillis, Matt G, Als_edc_UK, T.L.E. Shenzy, Luck21, Frank Flash, AdamCH, Sirev, James Yates and DrHammershart,

Thanx Carl for starting the thread. You have certainly pulled out a very large group of new members in support of your request. Also thanx for all of your opinions on steels.

I'll pitch your case to management. Seems like there are no reasons to at least make a Sprint. It's also an opportunity for companies like HH to take notice.

sal

What about a Ti Urban, Sal ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
uklegalcarryknives

Post by uklegalcarryknives »

sal wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:15 pm
Wow! :eek:

I'd like to say "hi" to: UKlegal, Chilicheese, BlackHill, DarrenJeffery, Synderz, LeeWillis, Matt G, Als_edc_UK, T.L.E. Shenzy, Luck21, Frank Flash, AdamCH, Sirev, James Yates and DrHammershart,

Thanx Carl for starting the thread. You have certainly pulled out a very large group of new members in support of your request. Also thanx for all of your opinions on steels.

I'll pitch your case to management. Seems like there are no reasons to at least make a Sprint. It's also an opportunity for companies like HH to take notice.

sal
Hello to you Sal!

thank you very much for taking the time propose this, I think it's great to see such a positive response to our limited carry community, which you greatly expanded with the Slipit line in the first place. Cheers to you!

:spyder:
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

These will be expensive and Spyderco kinda stays away from expensive, where is Titanium XL Caribbean? Up there with Titanium MIlitary...
On this, all these exotic steels you guys mention won't help, S30V is the norm.
StipeK

Post by StipeK »

Start a poll for steel, i vote cruwear and golden build! Perfect steel that i need in collection 😊😊
Current lineup: Manbug V-Toku2, Ladybug ZDP-189, Urban K-390/Cuscadi scales , Chaparral FRN, Spydiechef, Stretch HAP-40, Bow River
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

Ti UKPK? Oh yes. Yes please!
Love to see an Elmax drop point for preference (been a fantastic steel on my BB Urban).

And it'd be great to see the DP shape get some well deserved limelight).

But as long as it's not a wharncliffe, I'm in!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

UrbanMoose wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:54 pm
Ti UKPK? Oh yes. Yes please!
Love to see an Elmax drop point for preference (been a fantastic steel on my BB Urban).

And it'd be great to see the DP shape get some well deserved limelight).

But as long as it's not a wharncliffe, I'm in!
Yes!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
sirev

Post by sirev »

Hi all,

Just to put this in the mix, what about a UKPK with carbon fibre scales and M390 or CPM-20CV?

Or a sprint run of the drop point version with M390 or CPM-20CV and Ti, G10 or carbon fibre scales with full back spring?

Any thoughts everybody??
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Of coarse I’m in!

As much as I would love S90V I would rather see that with an updated CF UKPK. My vote would go to a 20CV/Ti UKPK, LC200N being a close second.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”