Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Peter1960

Re: Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Post by Peter1960 »

UrbanMoose wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:54 pm
Ti UKPK? Oh yes. Yes please!
Love to see an Elmax drop point for preference (been a fantastic steel on my BB Urban).

And it'd be great to see the DP shape get some well deserved limelight.
+ 1 ... :)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

elena86 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:26 am
sal wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:15 pm
Wow! :eek:

I'd like to say "hi" to: UKlegal, Chilicheese, BlackHill, DarrenJeffery, Synderz, LeeWillis, Matt G, Als_edc_UK, T.L.E. Shenzy, Luck21, Frank Flash, AdamCH, Sirev, James Yates and DrHammershart,

Thanx Carl for starting the thread. You have certainly pulled out a very large group of new members in support of your request. Also thanx for all of your opinions on steels.

I'll pitch your case to management. Seems like there are no reasons to at least make a Sprint. It's also an opportunity for companies like HH to take notice.

sal

What about a Ti Urban, Sal ?
If Maniago would not screw it up, this would be great.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Gsg9 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:47 am
These will be expensive and Spyderco kinda stays away from expensive, where is Titanium XL Caribbean? Up there with Titanium MIlitary...
On this, all these exotic steels you guys mention won't help, S30V is the norm.
Which is why we never had the Ti Urban. The Ti Elmax Squeak only sold well when disco’d and heavily discounted. When push comes to shove, a #200+ slipjoint is a going to be a tough sell...
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:35 am
Gsg9 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:47 am
These will be expensive and Spyderco kinda stays away from expensive, where is Titanium XL Caribbean? Up there with Titanium MIlitary...
On this, all these exotic steels you guys mention won't help, S30V is the norm.
Which is why we never had the Ti Urban. The Ti Elmax Squeak only sold well when disco’d and heavily discounted. When push comes to shove, a #200+ slipjoint is a going to be a tough sell...

Yeap, so people can dream :)

Spyderco will probably not do a 200£ titanium M390/S90V/20CV/Maxamet UK PK, HH will probably not risk it at that price, they are doing another run of red G10 S30V - We're building a 2nd exclusive run of the red G-10 version HH.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

https://youtu.be/7ozKem5zBSc
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

Gsg9 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:45 am
Brilliant video showing the HH and Ti version side by side! I love UK legal carry knives content!
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

uklegalcarryknives wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 am
sal wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:15 pm
Wow! :eek:

I'd like to say "hi" to: UKlegal, Chilicheese, BlackHill, DarrenJeffery, Synderz, LeeWillis, Matt G, Als_edc_UK, T.L.E. Shenzy, Luck21, Frank Flash, AdamCH, Sirev, James Yates and DrHammershart,

Thanx Carl for starting the thread. You have certainly pulled out a very large group of new members in support of your request. Also thanx for all of your opinions on steels.

I'll pitch your case to management. Seems like there are no reasons to at least make a Sprint. It's also an opportunity for companies like HH to take notice.

sal
Hello to you Sal!

thank you very much for taking the time propose this, I think it's great to see such a positive response to our limited carry community, which you greatly expanded with the Slipit line in the first place. Cheers to you!

:spyder:
Couldn't have put it better myself!
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

A lovely wee look at the last Spyderco Titanium here for anyone interested in having a more in-depth a look!

CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

All video credit goes to UK Legal Carry Knives!

https://youtu.be/X9NdYwsoJJQ
CHuffy

Post by CHuffy »

I have to say that if there was a titanium ukpk in one of the nicer steels I would be buying one asap. Created an account so I could express my interest!
EOC9

Post by EOC9 »

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum, and a Spyderco lover in the UK, I have a good amount of the spyderco slipits, I love the size and ergos of the sypderco ukpk, but after getting the AEB-L sprint run of the urban, I grew to prefer the thicker blade stock and full length back spring. It gave it an overall feel of better rigidity. I can only Imagine how good it would feel with Titanium scales, both on the UKPK and the Urban.

Bringing more models in the Slipit line out with titanium handles would be great, even with a fairly standard steel like S35VN would be great, 20CV or m390 would also be a great choice.

Thanks for appeal and thanks Spyderco for all the great knives!
Ripcurler

Post by Ripcurler »

Well done CarlPearson for getting this ball rolling. Count me in too. I don’t mind which steel. Prefer untreated Ti scales.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Latest from the man himself ....

“...I think I would like to make a Cobalt blue SPY27 UKPK and I would like to know if you would be interested in that model?”

“The HH piece is exceptional piece and you guys should appreciate their gamble. If/when we do make another ti model, it's a ways off and I wouldn't suggest waiting.”

EdgeMatters Forum, today.
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

Why always titanium?
Aluminium (Google translate: Aluminum) as used on Alox SAKs and various Lionsteel integrals can be a really decent material too. Slabs of it, nicely coloured and textured, would look pretty slick on a UKPK.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 1:21 pm
Latest from the man himself ....

“...I think I would like to make a Cobalt blue SPY27 UKPK and I would like to know if you would be interested in that model?”

“The HH piece is exceptional piece and you guys should appreciate their gamble. If/when we do make another ti model, it's a ways off and I wouldn't suggest waiting.”

EdgeMatters Forum, today.
If it is G10, 100%!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

Wow! this is one of the ones that I regret missing out on. Lc200N would be my choice. That said, any premium steel. Time to rearrange bills again, I can't miss this one again.

Grizz
sal

Post by sal »

Hi CHuffy, EOC9 and Ripcurler,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

I don’t have any Ti handled knives, but I’d certainly buy a ‘premium’ Ti UKPK in an interesting steel.

Personally I’m always up for more K390 or Cruwear. Both of those steels would be superb cutters in that thin 2.5mm bladestock.

I think 52100 would also be a great combo with a Ti handle, especially once a bit of patina starts developing.

However I do recognise that a stainless steel would probably have the widest appeal for non-knife knuts.

LC200N in a SE drop point blade would be great for a Salty version of the UKPK.

Also, if the knife were to be made in Golden, then why not use it as a platform for a SPY27 PE leaf blade?

I always enjoy seeing RadioactiveSpyder’s modded Ti UKPK - those beautiful Calyesque curves and the inspired choice of aftermarket Ti clip just look amazing! :cool:

Edit: just read the previous post that Sal was on Edgematters, thinking to do a SPY27 blade. Sounds great!
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I was really annoyed with myself that I missed out on the Ti UKPK when they were on closeout years ago.

I waited long to try the S110V version, and I’m carrying the HH waaaay more than had I anticipated I would...

I’m definitely keen for a Ti one. My preference is for a stainless blade better or equal to S30V. SPY27 PE leaf sounds good!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

I love the UKPK - I carry my FRN 110 almost every day - and would definitely buy one with titanium scales. I live in the states but I travel to Europe frequently so having a good legal edc knife I can carry there is nice. Plus I just love the feel of the slipit on the UKPK.