Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Post by Wartstein »

Welcome to the forum, CarlPearson! :)

Having no restrictions at all concerning knives where I live, I am personally not particularly interested in your suggestion.

But that being said: Exactly because I am so gratefull that I can choose any existing Spyderco I want for may carry and being gratefull for that luck, makes me wish that all the knife.people out there who are not that lucky still get a lot of legal choices! So I do really hope for you the Ti UKPK will come back!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:11 am
Welcome to the forum, CarlPearson! :)

Having no restrictions at all concerning knives where I live, I am personally not particularly interested in your suggestion.

But that being said: Exactly because I am so gratefull that I can choose any existing Spyderco I want for may carry and being gratefull for that luck, makes me wish that all the knife.people out there who are not that lucky still get a lot of legal choices! So I do really hope for you the Ti UKPK will come back!
Thank you so much for your kind words and understand that us Brits love our EDC as well despite our stricter legislation! The UKPK is the perfect legal everyday carry for me over here in Great Britain and I am very grateful to Spyderco for making it happen!

I hope the community support for this will prompt a sprint run, thank you again for your kind words and the nice welcome to the forums!
Blackhill

Post by Blackhill »

Hi everyone.I've just joined to give my opinion.As I said on the UK legal knives channel.I owned two UKPK Titanium knives.They were both absolutely flawless in fit and finish,and the finest UK Legal carry knives I've ever owned.They opened with a beautiful click and were a joy to own. I sold them both as I don't do safe queens anymore,and due to their rarity (I bought both both of mine after the run ended) I daren't risking carrying them.
I've owned UKPK's in S110,and the Hienne red version with S30V. I wouldn't buy another Titanium in a leaf blade.
I would pay a premium for one with a wharncliffe though. I chopped and wharnied my everyday carry ukpk as that's my favourite blade style. If Sal was to go the Wharncliffe route then I'm in.
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:06 am
In for a penny, in for a pound: a premium stainless would get my vote. Ti/20cv to go along with the lc200n UKPK salt version....
I like this thinking!
DarrenJeffery

Post by DarrenJeffery »

Hello.

I have always been a spyderco fan and I love the designs and build quality. Unfortunately living in the UK we're very limited to what EDC we can use. I currently use the Bob turzuola spyderco SLIPIT. I would love the option to add a titanium UKPK to my carry options. It's always a shame when you see a beautifully designed knife on a website and it doesn't have a UK carry version, adding a top class handle material would make the UKPK even more desirable. If it is released then please sign me up.
lee-willis@live.co.uk

Post by lee-willis@live.co.uk »

Yes, I would be delighted if the UKPK could be released in titanium with an S30V or upwards blade steel.

The UKPK is as close to perfection as possible within the sub 3 inch non locking bracket, but titanium scales would make it o e of the best pocket knives ever made- hands down exquisite.

Make it and take my money Sal!
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

I’m already on record for not being big on titanium scales, but I will say that I think Mzen’s titanium/lc200n upscale salt UKPK idea would sell like hotcakes.

Sorry, it's a UKpk. It would sell like baked beans on top of your eggs? Hmmm, Doesn't have the same ring... It would be a ukpk salt, so it would sell like fish n chips? Nailed it. :cool:
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I want one so bad one but I dream of a titanium Urban even more. I am not picky when it comes to the steel... S30V is good enough for me.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Als_edc_uk

Post by Als_edc_uk »

I would definitely get one for sure. My preference would be M390 but S30V works for me too.
matt g

Post by matt g »

I would definitely get another 1 or 2 Ti UKPKs, I've had mine years and is my favourite UKPK, it has chamfering on scale edges, torx screw heads both on sides of scales. It's a much nicer version.
Sal, a sprint run version G10 would also be great but the Ti version feels and is superior and definitely gets my vote. Thanks from Mcr. UK.
T.L.E. Sharp

Post by T.L.E. Sharp »

sal wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 am
Hi Carl,

Welcome to our forum. The only downside is cost. The UK model is gaining in popularity slowly over the years. When we first made the model for the UK, most (even my own crew) thought I was nuts. I was involved in British forums and the British knife afi's were quite persuasive, though quite daft. ;) . But it has proven to have been a good move. We're building a 2nd exclusive run of the red G-10 version HH.

I'll watch the thread. If there is enough attention, we can consider a Sprint run. What steel would you think?

sal
Yes, it was definitely a good move. I'm in Texas where I can legally carry a katana, gravity knife, trench knife or any other manner of impractical blade... but love the UKPK. The simple utility it provides is just too hard to beat.

If we're going to wish: I'd like to see a ZDP-189 UKPK, but I understand the logistical hurdles there. Of the steels currently used in Golden models I'd go with Rex45, 10v or LC200N. Something special. Either extreme edge retention or extreme corrosion resistance.
StipeK

Post by StipeK »

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here and avid collector. Have to say you guys are awesome. I think some Cruwear or 4v would be superb. Dlc or not, ill take it.
Current lineup: Manbug V-Toku2, Ladybug ZDP-189, Urban K-390/Cuscadi scales , Chaparral FRN, Spydiechef, Stretch HAP-40, Bow River
dirk_oesterreicher

Post by dirk_oesterreicher »

I would really love a UKPK Ti Sprint Run,
i vote for
M390
Cruwear
S90V
Regards Dirk
Benzy50

Post by Benzy50 »

Titanium sounds good, although I'm really interested in the possibility of a salt ukpk version.
Lucky21

Post by Lucky21 »

I have joined this forum, purely as a response to seeing this.
TI in K390/M4/Rex45 or basically anything that will Patina would be amazing. A real fusion of modern design and materials, with a more traditional look and “character” as it gets used.

I would 100% be in for one of these.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:06 am
In for a penny, in for a pound: a premium stainless would get my vote. Ti/20cv to go along with the lc200n UKPK salt version....
Ti/20cv would be fantastic. I'd also buy a full salt version.

But my top wish is for Maxamet in the same grey as the Manix and Native lightweights.
FrankFlash

Post by FrankFlash »

I just saw the hint to this poll on the YouTube channel UK Carry Legal Knifes and immediately registered for this forum :rolleyes:
I love my UKPKs, especially the version in S110V and would love to have this model with titanium scales.
Would be great to see such model.
Regards Frank
AdamCh1966

Post by AdamCh1966 »

Hi Everyone,

Carl - great idea. We need some more Spyderco love in the UK - count me in :-)

Adam
sirev

Post by sirev »

If a sprint run is done I'd suggest M390 for the blade steel, it is and excellent steel. Ti scales would need to have some texture too if possible and the pocket clip in matt Ti would be superb.

Whilst a sprint run UKPK in Ti would be nice the recent HH edition with G10 and S30V is superb. This version benefits greatly from the full back spring and G10 scales, this should be a standard feature on this model along with the S30V.

The UKPK is an excellent EDC choice for the UK, however if the Police were to stop and search you this knife would be confiscated for sure, as would the Urban. Whilst they are both 'UK Friendly' they both look very scary to the 'sheeple' we have over here in the UK. For this reason I find myself carrying the Squeak more often as it's more 'people friendly', so much so that my wife also wanted one so I bought her the pink one and she loves it, superb design and size, more than adequate for most people's EDC needs.

A version of the Squeak with an M390 or S30V blade and G10 scales would be superb. As this model already has a full back spring it would really benefit from the upgraded scales and a super steel blade. I know there was a sprint run with Ti scales and Elmax blade but try and find one now!!

Any thoughts Sal?

Sirev
Last edited by sirev on Sun May 03, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I would absolutely be tempted by a new Ti UKPK with 2.5 mm blade stock and hole pattern of the new CQI’d Heinnie Hayes red G10 exclusive.

The UKPK needs a sprint with a better steel period, if it was a FRN or a (blue ;)) G10 model - great, if it was Ti - even better!

These are my two Ti UKPKs, I still carry several UKPKs in my daily EDC rotation. :D

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King