Cutlery Shoppe s90v manix lw

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Cutlery Shoppe s90v manix lw

Post by JuPaul »

Starting a new thread for this...available now.

- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Cutlery Shoppe s90v manix lw

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Definitely needs those rivets and pivot to be black as well though!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Definitely needs those rivets changed to screws and to be black as well though!

Fixed that for you! Can't believe there is still no screw construction on the Manix LW. Also surprised that they wouldn't go with CTS-XHP on this one given it is much more sought after than S90V.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Been waiting for months for this. Ordered.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Really want a Manix in S90V but I just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger on a lightweight...somebody convince me...
willc

Post by willc »

This is one of my favorite models right here.
Just ordered.

Hope the Rex45 drops soon also.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Burton Knut wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:54 pm
Really want a Manix in S90V but I just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger on a lightweight...somebody convince me...
I love the lightweight. My bd1n needed friends.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I convinced myself...”you need to give the lw a fair chance...might as well be a limited model...submit payment”
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Burton Knut wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:08 pm
I convinced myself...”you need to give the lw a fair chance...might as well be a limited model...submit payment”
:cool: there you go. Get a limited run while you can!

I ordered the max (2) without even looking at the price as fast as I could. But I’ve also been looking at the site everyday for months on end waiting for this...
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

prndltech wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:10 pm
Burton Knut wrote:

I ordered the max (2) without even looking at the price as fast as I could. But I’ve also been looking at the site everyday for months on end waiting for this...

I would’ve done the same if it was G10, but I’ll give this a go.

ETA: If I like it I’ll know to get 2 when the REX45 drops!
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Burton Knut wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:17 pm
prndltech wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:10 pm
Burton Knut wrote:

I would’ve done the same if it was G10, but I’ll give this a go.
If you haven’t tried one, they’re great. A true EDC knife, I like lightweight knives cuz I live in Texas and its great in lightweight shorts. It’s something I can carry year round. I have a g10 m390 DLC manix as well... but it doesn’t do so well in light clothes.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Looks great. But Rick is right: They should have gone all the way and give it black hardware and pivot too.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm
Looks great. But Rick is right: They should have gone all the way and give it black hardware and pivot too.
I whole heartedly agree... but I don’t care. I love s90v from spyderco.

Since they aren’t black on the black/black lightweight I’m going to guess they can’t press the pins in without damaging the black coating?
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I think I'm actually gonna get one of these. I've been wanting to give the lw manix another shot, but I'll likely carry it in lightweight shorts when it's humid and sweaty, so rex45 might not be a great fit for my uses. I've avoided s90v in the past, but now that I know I can sharpen other high hardness steels, I'm more open to it. I can dye the orange if it's too bright for me, and with it being an exclusive, I can likely recoup my money if I don't like it. Here goes...
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:31 pm
I think I'm actually gonna get one of these. I've been wanting to give the lw manix another shot, but I'll likely carry it in lightweight shorts when it's humid and sweaty, so rex45 might not be a great fit for my uses. I've avoided s90v in the past, but now that I know I can sharpen other high hardness steels, I'm more open to it. I can dye the orange if it's too bright for me, and with it being an exclusive, I can likely recoup my money if I don't like it. Here goes...
Do it. Spyderco does s90v right. It’s probably my favorite steel. It’s not brittle like most people think it is and it’s not much harder to sharpen than s30v and I’ve found it to be extremely corrosion resistant (more so than s30v).
I like the lightweight version because i wear lightweight shorts a lot here in Texas. Even though I prefer the heft of the g10, the lightweight is a true every day carry knife for me due to the weight alone.
If you don’t care for the looks it’ll make a great work knife for you, just use and abuse. It’s a different kind of love. It’s how I feel about the DLT m390 pm2 I have.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
attila

Post by attila »

About 20 mins ago, I spoke with customer service and was told there are only 8 left in stock. I got my order placed but don’t expect them to last long.

Edit:
They’re gone...
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
JMM

Post by JMM »

Ahhhhh bummer, I wanted one, I had no idea they were even still going to do them. :(

Oh well, I snoozed I guess. ;)
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

JMM wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:40 pm
Ahhhhh bummer, I wanted one, I had no idea they were even still going to do them. :(

Oh no! :o I missed out as well.
I left my phone in the Pickup, as we went in to eat Dinner. About 2 hours ago. When I got back. I see a text message about it, from a friend. I then immediately go to Cutlery Shoppe, and they're gone.

That was quick, and quite a surprise. I swear, that I read that RamZar just took this knife off of the Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming List. Because it had been there so long, and never did come out. :p

Oh well. I guess I'll have to go look for some horse traders. I have some new in box 10V, S45VN, 10V, and 4V knives to use as trading material.
:spyder:

Congratulations to those that got it, and did not get caught snoozing! Or eating Dinner, as was in my case :D
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:54 pm
JMM wrote:

I left my phone in the Pickup, as we went in to eat Dinner. About 2 hours ago. When I got back. I see a text message about it, from a friend. I then immediately go to Cutlery Shoppe, and they're gone.

That was quick, and quite a surprise. I swear, that I read that RamZar just took this knife off of the Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming List. Because it had been there so long, and never did come out. :p

Oh well. I guess I'll have to go look for some horse traders. I have some new in box 10V, S45VN, 10V, and 4V knives to use as trading material.

Congratulations to those that got it, and did not get caught snoozing! Or eating Dinner, as was in my case :D
The last batch of satin blade orange s90v lightweights was around for months it seemed like. This batch sold out in about 4 hours best I can tell... I was surprised when I checked back and they were all gone.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

prndltech wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:44 pm
SteveMidwest wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:54 pm
JMM wrote:

The last batch of satin blade orange s90v lightweights was around for months it seemed like. This batch sold out in about 4 hours best I can tell... I was surprised when I checked back and they were all gone.

Yeah, there is definitely a FOMO/herd mentality with exclusives and sprints these days. The first batch of the DLC S90V Native LW sat for months at a MUCH lower price. The Green CTS-204P Military sat for months. The BHQ Military sat for weeks. The first St Nicks exclusive Delica sat for weeks. The DLC 52100 Manix exclusive sat for months. Its like if a knife doesn't sell out in hours/minutes then no one (the flippers/scalpers/hoarders/"investors" driving the demand) wants to touch it with a 10 foot pole. This one had good looks, a low number produced, and a model which doesn't get sprinted often.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red