S30V Teal Endura - MGE Wholesale Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DOUBLE D

Re: S30V Teal Endura - MGE Wholesale Exclusive

Post by DOUBLE D »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am
Cycletroll wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:21 pm
Sigh
Had to add another Endura to the pile :)
getting tougher to decide which one to carry. Maybe my wife will 'steal this teal one and help me out lol!
Steal the teal! Love it. :D

I’m Interested to see what happens at my house with this one. My wife doesn't like folders with over 3in blades, but LOVES this color. My teal dragonfly became her teal dragonfly about 30 seconds out of the box. I want to keep the endura but I'm not too hopeful.

Got to get a couple of them!
JMM

Post by JMM »

I got one this afternoon from REC... I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything from the Endura family until the K390 drop. And now I've gone and bought two new (& different) Enduras in the last week... sheesh. ;)
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

DOUBLE D wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:59 am
Notsurewhy wrote:
Cycletroll wrote:
Sigh
getting tougher to decide which one to carry. Maybe my wife will 'steal this teal one and help me out lol!

I’m Interested to see what happens at my house with this one. My wife doesn't like folders with over 3in blades, but LOVES this color. My teal dragonfly became her teal dragonfly about 30 seconds out of the box. I want to keep the endura but I'm not too hopeful.

I'm saving my multiples splurge for Cruwear and K390 variants.
I recently picked up two Maxamet PM2's and my wallet is still smarting. As a rule I try and only buy multiples of hard to get models that I actually use and carry. The s30v Endura would have to be RIT dyed or undergo a scale change for me in order to be a regular user. Teal is just not my thang! (But s30v sure is :)
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

Cycletroll wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:01 pm
DOUBLE D wrote:
Notsurewhy wrote:
Cycletroll wrote:
Sigh

I'm saving my multiples splurge for Cruwear and K390 variants.
I recently picked up two Maxamet PM2's and my wallet is still smarting. As a rule I try and only buy multiples of hard to get models that I actually use and carry. The s30v Endura would have to be RIT dyed or undergo a scale change for me in order to be a regular user. Teal is just not my thang! (But s30v sure is :)

I agree man. I actually think I will dye this one, because an Endura in s30v will be my daily carry. Any ideas on which dye colors look good with the teal as the background?
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

I'm thinking grey might combine well with the teal
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DOUBLE D wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:27 pm
Cycletroll wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:01 pm
DOUBLE D wrote:
Notsurewhy wrote:

I agree man. I actually think I will dye this one, because an Endura in s30v will be my daily carry. Any ideas on which dye colors look good with the teal as the background?
Probably any darker shade of blue would work well.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Wasn't going to get one, but.... it's a decent price, and I like Enduras.

By the way, if you like Enduras, you should check out the Siren. Very nice ergos.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have one on the way!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Zachreed1

Post by Zachreed1 »

Pancake wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:55 am
Have to kinda laugh.
In another thread, S30V in Sage is not premium enough.
Now, S30V in Endura is like **** yeah baby.
S30V, the most premium nonpremium budget high-end very good mediocre stainless steel, since 2001.
Excellent and very funny point. Granted I’m as hype as anyone to see an s30v endura, but under different circumstances, no one would bat an eye at s30v. If they released an s30v delica, I’d buy in a heartbeat.
Delica/endura FFG vg10, p3lw Bd1n, pm2 s30v, dragonfly salt
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Julia,

The downside for girls is pocket size. Gail is always bitchin' 'bout that. The's a Mountain Gal. Boots, gloves, and she has he own chainsaw.

Hi Double D,

My tag is being added to all of my designs slowly over time as we make them.

sal
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

sal wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:36 am
Hi Julia,

The downside for girls is pocket size. Gail is always bitchin' 'bout that. The's a Mountain Gal. Boots, gloves, and she has he own chainsaw.

sal
Yep, we really have to hunt to find decent sized pockets, which is incredibly annoying. Luckily I'm happy to carry the bigger backlocks like this one or my pac salt in my waistband or back pocket when necessary. Btw, I think Gail and I are kindred spirits - I lived in your backyard (denver and Colorado Springs) for a decade. I love my Missouri woods and rivers, but I miss the mountains all the time.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

It’s a beautiful knife.
Attachments
E5D57248-3619-4A1F-B823-AFEF43860590.jpeg
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Cycletroll wrote:
Sigh

Precisely why I've had to buy two of each one of the Teal's we've done. My wife has had to have one as well. The upcoming variants are at least spaced out enough my wallet won't hate me too much.
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

laker_cj wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:07 pm
Notsurewhy wrote:
Cycletroll wrote:
Sigh

Precisely why I've had to buy two of each one of the Teal's we've done. My wife has had to have one as well. The upcoming variants are at least spaced out enough my wallet won't hate me too much.

About to grab one of these Enduras. Can't wait to see what is coming next. Hopefully a Jester and some Delica and Dragonfly Wharnies! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The mail is running so slooowww. I’m still waiting on my knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050