S30V Teal Endura - MGE Wholesale Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
laker_cj

S30V Teal Endura - MGE Wholesale Exclusive

Post by laker_cj »

These will be hitting a few dealers stores soon...

The next in the "Teal" series of MGE Wholesale Distributor Exclusive Spyderco's - Endura w/S30V blade steel.
Endura Teal LFT.jpg
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
laker_cj

Re: S30V Teal Endura - MGE Wholesale Exclusive

Post by laker_cj »

Endura Teal S30V w-Box Label.jpg
Endura Teal RGT.jpg
Endura Teal LFT.jpg
Sorry, had to big of file sizes to share in the original post.
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Cool, I'm happy to see the Teal series continuing to expand!

I'd really to see the Delica re-run in this color and I would love see a Jester thrown into the Teal mix as well! :D
-Nick :bug-red
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:23 pm

I'd really to see the Delica re-run in this color and I would love see a Jester thrown into the Teal mix as well! :D
There's other variations coming soon. I'm excited.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

laker_cj wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:33 pm
Mushroom wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! :cool: Considering the possibilities, thats definitely exciting to hear.
-Nick :bug-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Nice! The endura is a bit too big for me, but I'll be on the lookout for other models for sure. I'm also hoping for a re-run on the teal delica.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:30 pm
Nice! The endura is a bit too big for me, but I'll be on the lookout for other models for sure. I'm also hoping for a re-run on the teal delica.

Are you sure? This could be a good opportunity for you to try an Endura .. ;)
Since you like the Shaman: The Endura is not really "bigger" - solely in length (but just by 0.33" closed), in every other dimension (width, thickness, weight) it is actually a lot "smaller" (smaller and lighter carry), but offers a good amount more of very slicey edge. I think at least "functionally" you´d like it a lot (don´t know if you sometimes prepare some lunch for your kids in the outdoors for example, but that is just one of the tasks it would really excel).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:47 pm
JuPaul wrote:

Since you like the Shaman: The Endura is not really "bigger" - solely in length (but just by 0.33" closed), in every other dimension (width, thickness, weight) it is actually a lot "smaller" (smaller and lighter carry), but offers a good amount more of very slicey edge. I think at least "functionally" you´d like it a lot (don´t know if you sometimes prepare some lunch for your kids in the outdoors for example, but that is just one of the tasks it would really excel).
That's a good point. I wasn't sure I'd like the Shaman since it's so big, but I definitely do. I'll think about it...there's been so many new releases lately and more to come - I almost don't want to try it and find I like it. ;)

Edit to add: for what it's worth, I have a SE pac salt that I LOVE for garden/yard work, so I do have a sense of the size (although the pac salt doesn't have the newer handle shape). Just not sure I need that size for edc, but I could definitely see it being a great hiking/camping/picnic companion.
- Julia

DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

Thank you. I asked for a s30v Endura a few times. I hope I don’t miss out
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

And I love Sal’s mark on the Seki knives now. Really a nice touch. I wish my other Endura’s had that
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:22 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:47 pm
JuPaul wrote:

That's a good point. I wasn't sure I'd like the Shaman since it's so big, but I definitely do. I'll think about it...there's been so many new releases lately and more to come - I almost don't want to try it and find I like it. ;)

Edit to add: for what it's worth, I have a SE pac salt that I LOVE for garden/yard work, so I do have a sense of the size (although the pac salt doesn't have the newer handle shape). Just not sure I need that size for edc, but I could definitely see it being a great hiking/camping/picnic companion.

Ok, having a Pac Salt you really do have a sense for the size (the Endura 4 handle might even be a hair longer, but generally maybe a bit less tall in certain areas)!
Don´t know if one really needs that size for EDC, but probably most people for example don´t need the strong blade of a Shaman for EDC either... ;)
Anyway, if you don´t like carrying the Pac Salt for EDC (but love it for garden work), then the Endura probably is not an EDC folder for you you either! (Much like vice versa I DO love the Shaman (could handle one twice) or even the Manix XL, but probably would use those "just" on special occasions and almost always carry an Endura for EDC over a Shaman, just for the lighter, slimmer, "smaller" carry of the Endura and cause its thinner, longer blade comes in handy sometimes in my use)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

My computer can´t open the "wholesale" - internetpage... can´t be that they are constantly overloaded due to Endura-requests.. ?! ;)

I´d be interested in the S30V, not necessarely the color. But I´d have a spare pair of green Endura scales... :rolleyes:
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 am
I´d be interested in the S30V, not necessarely the color.
Funny, for me it's the opposite - I'm not all that fussed about the blade steel, since it's very hard to find terrible steel these days - the colour is a big part of the equation though!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Thunderpants wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:28 am
Wartstein wrote:
I´d be interested in the S30V, not necessarely the color.
Funny, for me it's the opposite - I'm not all that fussed about the blade steel, since it's very hard to find terrible steel these days - the colour is a big part of the equation though!

To be clear: I am not a "steel guy" at all, know rather little about steels and just some I like (which tend to be rather the not really soft, but still somewhat easy to sharpen ones).
It just happens to be that the Endura 4 is probably my favorite folder overall and S30V a steel I know and like... so the combi of both would be nice.
But thinking about it: I prefer both the rather different from each other steels VG10 and HAP40 a bit over S30V, and I do have an Endura in both the former steels already... thus no need for an S30V Endura, but it still would be a nice alternative to have.
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

Wartstein wrote:
My computer can´t open the "wholesale" - internetpage... can´t be that they are constantly overloaded due to Endura-requests.. ?! ;)

I´d be interested in the S30V, not necessarely the color. But I´d have a spare pair of green Endura scales... :rolleyes:
You could always rit dye it. I might be wrong, but this could be a great color to dye. It would take a dark blue or green just perfectly. Like the Damascus Endura, or the m390 Endura. That blue. Or just black obviously.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

DOUBLE D wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:10 am
Wartstein wrote:

You could always rit dye it. I might be wrong, but this could be a great color to dye. It would take a dark blue or green just perfectly. Like the Damascus Endura, or the m390 Endura. That blue. Or just black obviously.

Thanks! Good suggestion. But as said I'd have spare green FRN Endura scales anyway (from my now-Micarta Endura...)
And it's not like I'd hate teal. Just not a favorite color of mine.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Pre-order for these is live at RIver's Edge Cutlery.
- Julia

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

laker_cj wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:33 pm
Mushroom wrote:

Jester would be great and I would be in for a few! Would love to see the Dragonfly Wharnie and Delica Wharnie as well!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 am
Pre-order for these is live at RIver's Edge Cutlery.
Thank you for mentioning this. I was able to get two. And happy I didn’t miss it. Been waiting for a s30v Endura for some time. And with sals mark, it just looks perfect. Thanks again Julia

Dave
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Have to kinda laugh.
In another thread, S30V in Sage is not premium enough.
Now, S30V in Endura is like **** yeah baby.
S30V, the most premium nonpremium budget high-end very good mediocre stainless steel, since 2001.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45