He-Man Military Lover's Club - Enlist Here

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearrowland

Re: He-Man Military Lover's Club - Enlist Here

Post by bearrowland »

👍👍
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I had been meaning to post a family portrait. Love the Military. The knife I grab when I just need a knife for whatever and am not concerned about alarming anyone.

jdw

Post by jdw »

5-by-5 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:07 am
S90V Mili monday

That is an awesome blade swap. I let go of my fluted Ti Millie because it was such an underwhelming steel for such incredible scales. Very cool!
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
jdw

Post by jdw »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:02 pm
I had been meaning to post a family portrait. Love the Military. The knife I grab when I just need a knife for whatever and am not concerned about alarming anyone.

Great family photo. Very nice patina on the 52100. A D2 Millie has eluded me for some reason. In theory they shouldn't be that hard to find but I won't pay ebay prices for one and I am continually a step behind on BF. I really hope to see at least one more release of a liner lock Military before Spyderco changes the formula.
--Wovoka
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Great lineup! Is the Military currently Spyderco's largest model?
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

bearrowland wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:33 am
Great lineup! Is the Military currently Spyderco's largest model?
Haven't compared specs but the Resilience has to be pretty close in size. It has a much longer cutting edge too.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
blues

Post by blues »

The Police 4 has a longer blade. That's another great pattern.
- Retired from the chase -
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

👍👍 Thanks!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

jdw wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:24 am
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Great family photo. Very nice patina on the 52100. A D2 Millie has eluded me for some reason. In theory they shouldn't be that hard to find but I won't pay ebay prices for one and I am continually a step behind on BF. I really hope to see at least one more release of a liner lock Military before Spyderco changes the formula.
Thank you! The D2 Military was one that I spent a considerable amount of time locating. I got mine for a good price off of eBay. This actually made me dig up my old thread (viewtopic.php?t=65839, if interested) where I detailed my efforts to clean it up. It was sure nasty when I got it. But it sings now! :D This was back in 2014, and I haven't tracked prices since then, but I am sure they are relatively high.
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

jdw wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:43 am
5-by-5 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:07 am
S90V Mili monday

That is an awesome blade swap. I let go of my fluted Ti Millie because it was such an underwhelming steel for such incredible scales. Very cool!
Thanks. I have another with Cruwear. :cool:
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

More Millies! The more the better!
😏
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

I'll always get behind any millie sprint these days... its been too long.

.... but really all I want is the SE Millie to come back :p

J
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
jdw

Post by jdw »

Could anybody tell me what year Spyderco discontinued the full SE Military? Spydiewiki has a stop date for the PS version but I don't see anything for SE. I am just kind of curious and I wonder if a small run of the SE Military is realistic? Thanks folks.
--Wovoka
Theldraskien

Post by Theldraskien »

Full SE LC200N!
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I was reminded of this thread recently, and I just wanted to reiterate that we need more millies.
--Jeremy
ThomC

Post by ThomC »

kerrcobra wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:04 pm
I was reminded of this thread recently, and I just wanted to reiterate that we need more millies.
I was thinking of this thread a couple hours ago, flicking my Millie open and closed. As long as we get a Spyderedge C36 again, I'll be happy. ****, make it LC200N, I don't care. I need a serrated Military.
European amateur knife enthusiast
Hikes and outdoors galore
🏍️Motorcycle enthusiast
In the knoife box : M4 Millie, Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie, TOPS Tanimboca
In the future : CE/SE/Rex45/MagnaCut Millie, K2, Slysz Bowie, linerlock Sage
dan31

Post by dan31 »

I only have the Military in Cruwear. Any reason to grab another one? I can’t really convince myself since te Cruwear is so balanced for a knife like e Military. Maybe 52100?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:29 am
I think we will eventually see a St Nick's 4V Military, but it could be years away depending on the order they work through the rest of the Golden (and potentially Seki FRN) lineup.

I'd love to see Spyderco do a 3V sprint series in a new color for 2021. 3V-carta where possible, and G10 and FRN where Micarta isn't possible. A 3V Military would be awesome!

Still also holding out hope for a Cruwear Military. There was one years ago pre-CQI, but I'd like a CQI version, preferably DLC.
Those are some of the blade steels I would like to see a C-36 Military model be offered up soon. I've been making my M390 Military one of my most used EDC folders in my monthly rotation and it's been a great tool from virtually every standpoint.

I would also like to see the return of the full Spyderedged Military model in either XHP or even the older 440V( S60V). The serrated Military model was a really mean SE folder. It must return at some point.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:32 pm
Well I've been around the block of the regular Spyder line up and the only place I've never stopped is the Military. The Police 4 was an eye opener for me in terms of larger blades and trying new things. Liner lock still isn't my favorite, but what the heck, let's see what you guys come up. Maybe I'll finally add a millie to the collection :D
This thread needs a bump.

I’m happy to give it, what with the arrival in the next few days of an unused CF/S90V Millie sprint from 2008 (now in hand).

Since my last post in this thread, where I mentioned my wondrous 204P and REX45 versions, I have also acquired a 52100 Millie, which takes one serious edge just by breathing on it, hence easily maintained.

So, four, soon. Glad to fulfill Sal’s early thought to make the Military Model a test-bed for different steels, which the PM2 actually became a good long while.

I have and love a bunch of that small :D knife of such great utility.

I do want, however, another Millie that is expressly tough, like Cruwear or 3V. 3V ain’t in the cards, it seems. But why don’t I have a Cruwear version?

Like ZrowsN1s, I came late the Military Model. The Police4 showed me I really liked longer blades, especially ones that disappear in pockets. This discovery came well after the Cruwear Millie became super-scarce and thus “trop cher” on the secondary market where, even there, it’s scarce.

All to say, please Sal/Eric, please dealers/distributors—in the interest of he-men everywhere—how about another round of Cruwear Millies, maybe even Crucarta Millies?

ETA: Comments highlighted in yellow.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Totally agree on a Cruwear Mille! Would be wondrous!