unreal!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MolecularConcept

unreal!

Post by MolecularConcept »

MAN I am so stupid. :( I was all happy just ordered a nice CPM Cru-Wear para 2! first real knife I've bought for myself in 5 years since someone stole my Manix2 forever ago... So anyway I started getting nervous I haven't heard from the seller... No tracking. No reply to my email. I decided to check them out.. that's when I saw a post on blade forums that they are a scam site!
Haha just my luck.

I am friggin cursed! Out of my stimulus money, I got summer clothes for my son , paid up the bills we were behind on, took my wife to dinner, and had just enough to get myself a birthday gift, or so I thought. :mad:

Anyway people please stay away from www.bestknifeshop.com don't get burnt like me.
kennethsime

Re: unreal!

Post by kennethsime »

Sorry you got burned man, that really sucks.

How did you provide payment? PayPal will probably protect you if you used that, so will your credit card provider if you used that. You may have to wait for a period, but contact them ASAP and let them know it's a known scammer.

BladeHQ, KnifeCenter, and Knifeworks are all great vendors. I like Bento Box Shop as well.

Generally speaking, if it looks to good to be true, it is. Most of the good vendors are pricing their knives about the same, which is 30% or so off of MSRP.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Also, you can dispute the charges with your credit card company.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Sucks you got burned, I'm always suspicious if I've never heard of a place or it's the only place selling an item at that time. I recently did business with someplace I wasn't sure of but put it on PayPal on my Mastercard so I have two levels of buyer protection. I hope this is a good lesson to everyone in the future thanks for posting.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Welcome to the forum!

Man, I am sorry to hear that!
And thanks for the warning! I would not have bought from this site anyway, cause I am European, but I have to say it looks rather trustworthy (at first glance, if you look closer their return policy seems to be rather for clothing than for knives...) and the prices are not so low that one would find it totally suspicious, so many might fall for it.
Really hate such criminals!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Just dispute the charges, you'll get your money back. It sucks, but it's usually not too much hassle.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 am
Just dispute the charges, you'll get your money back. It sucks, but it's usually not too much hassle.
Yep, call your credit card company and start the process. It will take a while but you should be OK in the end. Once they've started the dispute they will likely tell you not to pay them for the charge.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Anything with “best” at the beginning of a website seems to be either a Chinese scam site or a shill site for amazon with either fake reviews or user reviews lifted from amazon. My guess is those shill sites are a way to skim affiliate dollars off sales if you link to amazon from their site and make a purchase.

I’ve run across sites “selling” sprints and even exclusives that I know to be long sold out. So I know that stab of excitement... then tempered by my natural suspicion.

P.S. if you want an exceptional PM2 exclusive that is still available, look into the Bento Box K390 version.
MolecularConcept

I have contacted resolution center, they have till the 30th to deliver or it gets escalated to PayPal. No return emails from the seller so if it continues like that I'm really hoping it's pretty oviously a scam and I get money back..

I settled for s110v from bladehq. Couldn't bring myself to drop 330 on the Cruwear. Also got the 2x8 fine ceramic to go with my medium 2x8 stone. Fix up this jenky Kershaw to give to my son.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

^^^I agree - dispute those CC charges then go birthday shopping at Bento Box Shop for either a k390 pm2 or an m390 pm2 if you'd prefer stainless. Both exclusives still in stock and both great choices. Btw, the BBS website is old-school! It totally looks like it could be a scammer website, but it's definitely an authorized spyderco dealer.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
blues

Post by blues »

Excellent advice provided above...both regarding disputing the charge, and the BB K390 PM2. (The only purchase I've ever made from Bento Box.)
- Retired from the chase -
208 tim

Post by 208 tim »

JuPaul wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:05 am
^^^I agree - dispute those CC charges then go birthday shopping at Bento Box Shop for either a k390 pm2 or an m390 pm2 if you'd prefer stainless. Both exclusives still in stock and both great choices. Btw, the BBS website is old-school! It totally looks like it could be a scammer website, but it's definitely an authorized spyderco dealer.
Lol It is definitely old school! Every time I visit BBS, I'm reminded yet again I might need bifocals.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

JuPaul wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:05 am
Btw, the BBS website is old-school! It totally looks like it could be a scammer website, but it's definitely an authorized spyderco dealer.
The same is true of Sooner State, which is my go-to for sprint runs these days.
MolecularConcept

Waiting on PayPal to review the situation.

Anyway I joined some Spyderco groups on Facebook and picked up the same knife I got burnt on! Pair 225.00 knife is in stellar shape!
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

If you paid with a credit card and/or used Paypal you will be fine. Good of you to give a heads up to the gang here.
MolecularConcept

So I thought I'd update with the outcome of the dispute. And fortunately PayPal has sided with me and I will be receiving a refund! Thank the Knife Gods for smiting the unworthy.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Nice! Always good to hear that pay pal protections really do work for people. Thx for reporting back.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi MolecularConcept,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for sharing your experience.

sal
MolecularConcept

Hey Sal!
No problem. I hate to see people get burned.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I still see this website still up and running... Sal, don't you guys have some sort of legal authority to prevent this site from scamming further other knife collectors? Almost bit the bullet until I saw this thread and some others. Just sucks that they're still out there preying on the unwary.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet