s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3050
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby JuPaul » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:34 pm

According to some little birds on Instagram, these are inbound to dealers right now, so heads up!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5818
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:08 pm

Yeah someone on FB said they were able to purchase one through the OpFocus program but they were only available for a few min. Still debating if I really need to try S45VN. I have enough Para models to keep me satisfied and I already planned on getting the SPY27 LWs. Maybe S45VN in another model might be more appealing to me.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 4650
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby TkoK83Spy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Soooo many knives dropping lately!! A hard pass for me I believe. My love and respect for Rex45 makes me think this won't live up to it... I need to keep telling myself this and save some money :p
19 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF

-Rick

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5818
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:50 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:25 pm
Soooo many knives dropping lately!! A hard pass for me I believe. My love and respect for Rex45 makes me think this won't live up to it... I need to keep telling myself this and save some money :p
It sounds too similar to S30V & S35VN for me. I'm perfectly happy with both of those and the difference for the average person (like me) is likely very subtle. I have to admit I'm a little curious but at the end of the day I don't see it as something I have to try right away. Maybe I'll give it a go if they use it in some other model.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
RamZar
Member
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am
Location: SoCal, USA

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby RamZar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:01 pm

In addition to the ParaMilitary2 and Para3 this begs a Military as well.

Military CPM-S45VN Forest Green G-10 (Diamond Arc Pattern) Sprint Run (USA)
Last edited by RamZar on Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
RamZar
Member
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am
Location: SoCal, USA

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby RamZar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Is it just me or does the Spyderco App miss out on Sprint Run new product notifications? It works for new regular production items.

Notification Center

Want to be the first to know when that knife youve been waiting for is available? Thanks to the Notification Center, app users will have immediate access to product announcements, Spyderco news, Reveal releases and much more.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3050
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby JuPaul » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:15 pm

RamZar wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:06 pm
Is it just me or does the Spyderco App miss out on Sprint Run new product notifications? It works for new regular production items.

Notification Center

Want to be the first to know when that knife youve been waiting for is available? Thanks to the Notification Center, app users will have immediate access to product announcements, Spyderco news, Reveal releases and much more.
That definitely seems to be the case lately, but I definitely remember getting an app notification when the crucarta Shaman started shipping. Maybe they've changed the system since then.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3050
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby JuPaul » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:19 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:50 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:25 pm
Soooo many knives dropping lately!! A hard pass for me I believe. My love and respect for Rex45 makes me think this won't live up to it... I need to keep telling myself this and save some money :p
It sounds too similar to S30V & S35VN for me. I'm perfectly happy with both of those and the difference for the average person (like me) is likely very subtle. I have to admit I'm a little curious but at the end of the day I don't see it as something I have to try right away. Maybe I'll give it a go if they use it in some other model.
I feel about the same. Plus there have been a ton of pm2 releases lately. If I was to get one of these it'd be for the new texture on the scales.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Pancake » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:00 pm

RamZar wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:01 pm
In addition to the ParaMilitary2 and Para3 this begs a Military as well.

Military CPM-S45VN Forest Green G-10 (Diamond Arc Pattern) Sprint Run (USA)
Yes, bring S45VN Military to the market!
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
On belt: Waterway

User avatar
rabbitanarchy14
Member
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:25 am
Location: Michigan, USA, Earth
Contact:

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby rabbitanarchy14 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:00 am

i have txt alerts and email alerts setup from bladehq but i am watching and hoping they drop super soon. for the s45vn pm2
192.168.0.1 - Para 3 S35VN, Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native S30V comp, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM 2 M390 DLC BL, PM 2 K390 RG, Cat BD1N
Saving for - D'allara 3, Q-Ball, Techno 2 w/G10

User avatar
Freediver
Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Freediver » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:29 am

This is the one sprint I really hope I don’t miss.

User avatar
Maximumsmoochy
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 am
Location: BC, Canada

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Maximumsmoochy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:29 am

it may be true that S45VN is a subtle difference from S30/S35, but the scale texture is what gets my boat floating for this sprint.
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para 3 LW, Native 5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, PM2, Smock, Advocate, Kapara, Bradley Bowie

Present: Techno2, Para3 Maxamet/XHP, GB2, Military 204P/Rex45/52100, Police 4, Province

Future: Police 4 FRN, Shaman eventually

Regrets: Para 3 Cruwear :(

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby koenigsegg » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:37 am

I keep thinking this is going to be in stock
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

Rinzler
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:58 am

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Rinzler » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:46 am

I once owned a pm2 for about 13 minutes before giving it to my brother. If I only want *one* pm2, would it be reasonable to have just this version or spend the extra for maxamet?

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5818
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Sharp Guy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:05 am

Rinzler wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:46 am
I once owned a pm2 for about 13 minutes before giving it to my brother. If I only want *one* pm2, would it be reasonable to have just this version or spend the extra for maxamet?
It's a matter of personal preference but I think it would be very reasonable to have only the S45VN sprint. It should be a great general use steel
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

Hizenthorn
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:42 pm

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Hizenthorn » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:46 pm

I went to St. Nick's to check out the new exclusive, lo and behold under New Arrivals these were in stock. I thought it was just a pre-order at first, but said there were 4 in stock. I quickly checked out and already got the order and shipping confirmation!

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3050
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby JuPaul » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Looks like St. Nick's had a few of these in stock, but gone now.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
PStone
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: USA Illinois

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby PStone » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Knifeworks

Got my order in just now

Edit:gone now
“In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.”
-Charlie Brown

User avatar
Freediver
Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Freediver » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:35 pm

Uggh stuck at work so it’s hard to keep checking. Looks like I missed Knifeworks.

Rinzler
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:58 am

Re: s45vn pm2 sprint alert thread

Postby Rinzler » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:42 pm

Country knives has it for... Get ready... Two. Hundred. And. Twenty. Five. Dollars.

Hard pass.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albatross, Bemo, Bing [Bot], Enactive, Flizwit, nerdlock, p_atrick, The Meat man and 19 guests