St. Nick's 4v pm2!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
blues

Re: St. Nick's 4v pm2!

Post by blues »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:51 am
I’m not really in the market for more PM2s, but this one had a visual appeal that really hooked me! I’ve got the rex45 and 52100; I’d really like one of the Knifeworks M4/CF versions but beyond that I’m not really interested.

I hope SNK offers a military in this configuration, as that is my preferred “off days” and “teleworking” model!
That's why I don't have any heartburn about making it all the way through the process yesterday only to be informed, (after putting in the cc info), that it was sold out. I wanted to try out the steel, but I really wanted a Military. So, in a way, it worked out for the best.

I have six PM2s, and don't really need another as I mostly carry the larger knives these days...Police 4, Military, Shaman, except when I carry something smaller when I go to the market and such.

If they do a batch of the Militarys, I hope that they make enough to satisfy demand. If not, life will still go on.
- Retired from the chase -
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I really want this knife as a Military as well, but I wonder if it will actually happen. Seems like Military sprints and exclusives are few and far between these days. I get it, it's a risk as it's a large knife and an expensive knife that probably don't meet TYPICAL knife users needs... we're a small, different breed around here :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
jdw

Post by jdw »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:24 am
I really want this knife as a Military as well, but I wonder if it will actually happen. Seems like Military sprints and exclusives are few and far between these days. I get it, it's a risk as it's a large knife and an expensive knife that probably don't meet TYPICAL knife users needs... we're a small, different breed around here :)
I second this. I want a new Military release more than any other knife out there and and 4V would kill it. I have read in the past that the Millie is pretty intricate in its machining but I have absolutely no idea if that's true.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

They were initially worried about low demand on a Military and it sitting around like their Delica sprint did. But now that all of their 4V knives are sub-2 minute sellouts, I have to imagine a Military will be in the future as they work their way through the lineup. Keep asking for it and maybe it will be sooner rather than later.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JMM

Post by JMM »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:48 am
They were initially worried about low demand on a Military and it sitting around like their Delica sprint did. But now that all of their 4V knives are sub-2 minute sellouts, I have to imagine a Military will be in the future as they work their way through the lineup. Keep asking for it and maybe it will be sooner rather than later.
[+1]

I agree 100% -- Given the fact that people are really starting to see what awesome steel 4V is, combined with the fact that St. Nick's clearly has a hit colour scheme on their hands, I would be rather shocked if they did a run that didn't sell out quickly of just about anything, a Military or a Native5 G10 or LW -- what about the Sage5 LW that Sal was saying was destined for new steel & FRN colours... I think a Sage5 LW with 4V and red FRN would be an amazing hit... (fingers crossed) ;)

Cheers,

John
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Congrats to everyone that got one. So glad I grabbed the 10v. I'd jump on the Millie though...
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

chrisjohn wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:08 pm
Customers should boycott these types of businesses.
Good idea, boycott businesses that are risking hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring to the market what their customers have asked for... How many knives that are not exclusives have u purchased from them?

St Nick's is the single best experience of any site BY FAR on their exclusives. Site never crashes, they ship immediately, include awesome swag, free shipping & fair prices. What more can u realistically ask for?
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

New exclusive, same story of how someone who couldn't get a limited edition thinks that a dealer owes them - outside of bladehq and knifecenter (might be missing one or two), none of these shops are huge companies - 1200+ people logging on at once isn't going to be the smoothest thing

Militaries are risky as exclusives - blade hq heavily discounted their m4 ones. The rex 45 Sprint was available for noticably longer than the others.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Forgot about this one. I was planning on getting one, but guess it wasn't that important.
Peter
Tiquito

Re: St. Nick's 4v pm2

Post by Tiquito »

chrisjohn wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:08 pm
Customers should boycott these types of businesses.
This is an inane idea. Why would you boycott someone who is putting the money up to get a new variant that wouldn’t exist if they didn’t commission it. Also a business can only risk so much when the make a large order. There are exclusive out there that sit around unsold for a long time. Moreover, part of the whole appeal for a lot of people, myself included is that they are in fact exclusive.

I can’t imagine not doing business with an otherwise great company because I couldn’t get an exclusive (that on practical level doesn’t really do anything I can’t do with a myriad of other knives no less). As others have noted if you aren’t buying none exclusives anyways your boycott is a bit silly.

I’ve gotten exclusive/sprints and I’ve missed out to. Adults throwing tantrums on the internet about missing out is just bizarre. Try to keep perspective. I promise you can live a happy life with out the knife and if you can’t then paying just pony up the cash for one on the secondary market.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

anycal wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:05 pm
Forgot about this one. I was planning on getting one, but guess it wasn't that important.
Same here Pete, middle of the day on a Saturday and we had great weather here, vs a rainy week ahead. I was busy outside. Was actually hoping to snag one for a friend in hopes at least one of us could get one...neither did though :o
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

anycal

Post by anycal »

Just currious; are the SNK red scales the same as the DLT ones?

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 am
anycal wrote:
Same here Pete, middle of the day on a Saturday and we had great weather here, vs a rainy week ahead. I was busy outside. Was actually hoping to snag one for a friend in hopes at least one of us could get one...neither did though :o

Yeah, I hear you. For me, I may be hitting some upper limit of my PM2 consumption. Actually, probably knives in general. Not too long ago, I would have done everything I could to get on this one. That said, I am sure there will be others, too irresistible to pass on.
Peter
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

anycal wrote:
Yep, me too. I had an alarm on my phone for 30 minutes out. In the yard messing with bonsai trees ... totally forgot about the knife until it had sold out.

Oh, well. Too many knives anyway.
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Mine arrived today and the date stamp on the box is KS. While this may seem appropriate since I live in Kansas, I was surprised it was manufactured 6 months ago. Are all of them like that?
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

My bhq shaman also had a date code several months before the release.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

anycal wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:17 am
Just currious; are the SNK red scales the same as the DLT ones?
Yes, same color.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:49 pm
Mine arrived today and the date stamp on the box is KS. While this may seem appropriate since I live in Kansas, I was surprised it was manufactured 6 months ago. Are all of them like that?
Their manix had a BT Feb 2020 date code.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Peacedivision wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 pm
tbdoc4kids wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:49 pm
Their manix had a BT Feb 2020 date code.
IIRC, they were expecting to have the pm2 for sale months ago, definitely way before the manix. There must have been some delay getting it out, maybe QC issues?
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Not a fan of those silver liners. Would have really been killer with *all* black hardware. At least that's what I'm using to justify not getting one of these. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com